RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Trump

Karaka Million 3yo

Ponderosa, I think Dalghar has only one of his progeny that pushed out to 2500 metres, Dalghar ran 1400 at Longchamp in 1-18!....he's the fastest horse to ever stand here, although if my mind serves me correct an American stallion, Bahroona came out to NZ in the 70's and he had run 1.06 for 6 furlongs in the States somewhere........Scotty Base could be a trans tasman Gr1 horse at 1400/1600.......if they aim at one of the Guineas, even in Qld during the horrible NZ winters.....the world is his oyster and I think Rutten wont do to Johno and Holly what the others did with his grand middle distance horse, Humidor.....good luck to them!!!

Guest 2Admin2

How good is Chris Rutten at buying horses from the sales!

1 hour ago, ADM said:

Te Akau and Opie

Surely you mean Te Akau, Lindsays and OP(rhymes with BP!). Whatever, great rider that he is OP is now the contemporary, untouchable LO'S. (Just like Ligeiro, Embellish was the favourite and favourites have a head start in enquiries)

'

On 1/27/2018 at 10:04 AM, chelseacol said:

Interesting re this thread topic that Scott Base and Athletica met on 16 Sept - Athletica won and Scottbase unlucky 3rd beaten one and half lengths. Was a heavy track.

I liked the run of Scottbase down here behind Ever Loyal just before cup week - ran home really nicely that day. He's in the mix for me

Interesting analysing these races isn't it. Only just held second in the Zacinto then was 14 lengths behind the winner in the 2000 Guineas both a mile on a good 3. Certainly finished with a wet sail in this one but I tend to laugh at Jason Tan saying "with a finish like that they'd have to look at the Derby." Doesn't neccessarily follow that he'd get a mile and a half but I think dropping him to $6 in the market is unders for mine.

22 hours ago, Blue said:

Interesting analysing these races isn't it. Only just held second in the Zacinto then was 14 lengths behind the winner in the 2000 Guineas both a mile on a good 3. Certainly finished with a wet sail in this one but I tend to laugh at Jason Tan saying "with a finish like that they'd have to look at the Derby." Doesn't neccessarily follow that he'd get a mile and a half but I think dropping him to $6 in the market is unders for mine.

I love trying to work them out checking previous races etc Blue. I gave SB benefit of the doubt in the 2000G as he had a rough trip, and in that race he had no chance as a result. 

Got it right that time - this past weekend less so ;)

15 minutes ago, chelseacol said:

I love trying to work them out checking previous races etc Blue. I gave SB benefit of the doubt in the 2000G as he had a rough trip, and in that race he had no chance as a result. 

Got it right that time - this past weekend less so ;)

Good analysis Col.

Here was my pre race preview of the race:

R4     SCOTT BASE   $14.00FF

The million dollar 3yo race is a very tricky affair as it looks pretty even especially now that Embellish has drawn out although he does have Opie as his pilot. At odds I thought the Central Districts raider could cause a bit of an upset in the race. He has won two of nine but he also been pretty unlucky in a number of those starts so his win record should really read a lot stronger. He has had a look around Ellerslie having started once here for a third in the Champagne Stakes over 1600m behind Qiji Phoenix and Weather With You. That was his last start as a 2yo. He has had five runs as a 3yo finishing a luckless third fresh up and the winning impressively at Waipukurau after being blocked in the straight. He then went to Riccarton and finished second behind Ever Loyal in a stakes race and then had no luck in the 2000 Guineas finishing eight. Freshened he then came out and won impressively last start over 1300m at Awapuni. From a handy draw if he can take up a nice position behind the pace and get clear air in the straight he can then pounce. For multiples Embellish, Ever Loyal and Danzdanzdance at $35.00 the absolute bolter.

8 hours ago, rdytdy said:

R4     SCOTT BASE   $14.00FF

The million dollar 3yo race is a very tricky affair as it looks pretty even especially now that Embellish has drawn out although he does have Opie as his pilot. At odds I thought the Central Districts raider could cause a bit of an upset in the race. He has won two of nine but he also been pretty unlucky in a number of those starts so his win record should really read a lot stronger. He has had a look around Ellerslie having started once here for a third in the Champagne Stakes over 1600m behind Qiji Phoenix and Weather With You. That was his last start as a 2yo. He has had five runs as a 3yo finishing a luckless third fresh up and the winning impressively at Waipukurau after being blocked in the straight. He then went to Riccarton and finished second behind Ever Loyal in a stakes race and then had no luck in the 2000 Guineas finishing eight. Freshened he then came out and won impressively last start over 1300m at Awapuni. From a handy draw if he can take up a nice position behind the pace and get clear air in the straight he can then pounce. For multiples Embellish, Ever Loyal and Danzdanzdance at $35.00 the absolute bolter.

Nice tipping - only 9 or 10 days too late ;)

28 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

You can’t criticize Ted and his tipping, he has no peer 

Yeah not criticising his tipping ability - wouldn't know one way or other.  I just think if you're going to tout your winning tips then do it with those who you've shared the tips with before the event.