RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Trump

Karaka Million 3yo

I couldn't resist but would be interested in Cafer's opinions - only the sensible ones :) I've backed ATLANTICA each way at $51. Any chance? I couldn't resist the odds, which are way above his Derby quote and his last run I was impressed with.

Guest 2Admin2
6 hours ago, Trump said:

I couldn't resist but would be interested in Cafer's opinions - only the sensible ones :) I've backed ATLANTICA each way at $51. Any chance? I couldn't resist the odds, which are way above his Derby quote and his last run I was impressed with.

Don't you mean ATHLETICA?

8 hours ago, Trump said:

That's Athletica Trumpy....will be interested to see how he goes here, on the way to the Derby......;)

Won't want to get too far back in a big field, but would expect him to be hitting the line hard.

Embellish the obvious, but think Ever Loyal will improve plenty this way round. Marcellina the real upsetter.

Do you know anything about the Waller runner ? Form looks average in Oz but can't imagine he would bring him over just for the scenery, particularly with Bowman riding.

Yes, Athletica! (Had a bit of Black Grape Society Grandmaster Pinot last night....). $51 was the attraction. I also like Kapoor and will have it in my multis including a chance to win. You're probably right about Embellish PFP but I am prepared to put a hot fave over 1600m at Ellerslie, to run 2nd or 3rd. I'll take him on. 

1 hour ago, Tauhei Notts said:

Apparently there was a lot of praise for Scott Base's last win.  There was a degree of merit to that effort that will probably be overlooked.

Interesting re this thread topic that Scott Base and Athletica met on 16 Sept - Athletica won and Scottbase unlucky 3rd beaten one and half lengths. Was a heavy track.

I liked the run of Scottbase down here behind Ever Loyal just before cup week - ran home really nicely that day. He's in the mix for me

I'm convinced the way she got going after Embelished smacked her she would have been at least 3rd,  the head on is interesting though and hey its a million bucks and if she was yours would you not have a go?

I would love to see the head-on’s a number of times before I say too much, but initially I thought that if anyone was to go, it would have been Embellish!

Having said that, Kapoor would have just about won with a interference free run. 

P.S. Disclosure: I backed Ever Loyal each way.

49 minutes ago, Insider said:

I would love to see the head-on’s a number of times before I say too much, but initially I thought that if anyone was to go, it would have been Embellish!

Having said that, Kapoor would have just about won with a interference free run. 

P.S. Disclosure: I backed Ever Loyal each way.

Liz, Kapoor had the audacity to get going again and would have been close and then got taken out again, originally I thought it was SC that nhad done it but was Ever Loyal. Oh well go again next week :rolleyes:

22 hours ago, Tauhei Notts said:

Apparently there was a lot of praise for Scott Base's last win.  There was a degree of merit to that effort that will probably be overlooked.

Yes, the northern based Trackside media contingent would probably not have considered Scott Base. So consumed with Tangerine...he’s a serious young horse and I hope they don’t push on to the Derby...I would love to see them keep him to the mile and take him to Flemington or Randwick for the Guineas...especially if there is a little cut in the ground. Johno is not frightened to challenge himself but I guess he will bend to the owners...

On 1/27/2018 at 6:59 AM, poundforpound said:

Personally I like Embellish, great actioned horse, he had no chance in a canter & sprint last start, but that run will have bought him on heaps, plus he’s got the hood on, and the stable is on fire.

There’s a horse down the bottom I really like though, Kapoor, it looks a good type and whilst it might not have rattled the cage yet it looks a progressive type.

23 hours ago, Tauhei Notts said:

23 hours ago, hesi said:

Don't you mean

BEST: MELODY BELLE | NEXT: COLDPLAY | ROUGHIE: SOCTT BASE

:)

23 hours ago, turny said:

The Savvy horse is extra - is good enough to win this or run second to the toppy

nice tipping ... Maybe a thread on the 2 main races each Saturday. Got to admit I held my own punting wise but had Melody Belle / Athlethica Plc /Coldplay.

#
Name
Jockey/Driver/Trainer
Win
Place

5 Scott Base Rosie Myers 22.10 5.10
1 Embellish Opie Bosson   1.60
12 Savvy Coup Michael McNab   2.40
Bet Type
Runners
Dividend
Quinella 1, 5 30.90
Trifecta 5:1:12 497.00
First4 5:1:12:14 3155.50

1 hour ago, La Zip said:

Yes, the northern based Trackside media contingent would probably not have considered Scott Base. So consumed with Tangerine...he’s a serious young horse and I hope they don’t push on to the Derby...I would love to see them keep him to the mile and take him to Flemington or Randwick for the Guineas...especially if there is a little cut in the ground. Johno is not frightened to challenge himself but I guess he will bend to the owners...

Hope your wrong about them NOT pushing on to the Derby. After his win down here I immediately backed him for yesterday and the Derby at 26's. (now in to 6's). And when the Derby is run in early March its quite possible there will be cut in the ground as has happened before.