Guest

Drivers not trying!!!!

127 posts in this topic

Guest

Seriously, this is a far bigger problem for harness than the Stipes worrying about drivers who are trying!!!

Not going to name names on here as that wouldn’t be fair would it??

The Stipes need to be more vigilant than what they are and need to give drivers a hefty fine or suspension for clear breaches of not giving their horse the best chance.

Mr Lowe got done for his extremely poor effort and the reality is that he was trying but lacks a bit of ability when it comes to driving unfortunately.

Anyway, Addington Race 3 tonight, no names but the driver of Denstown, what an absolutely blatant effort not to try and win!!!!

He should cop a suspension and a hefty fine!

Horse normally goes forward and tried to lead but not tonight and made no effort to put the horse in the race until far too late and finished full of running, with the unnamed driver having it under double wraps!

The horse had several chances to improve and get into the race but no,  for some unknown reason I will cheat today!

Piss poor effort from this driver and if he is questioned by the Stipes nothing will happen as per usual.

The Stipes are harder on amateurs than the so called professionals, but this drive was appalling.

Before any of the Brodster knockers come on, watch the race and tell me that you don’t agree with Brodie!!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tim vince said:

Looked to have every chance to me.

 

 

tim vince spot on! Jonny did well to get him one off midfield from the tricky six draw over the sprint journey. Leader Jazzy Star kicked strongly at the top of the straight and won with a bit in hand. Denstown had every chance but simply could not sprint as well as the others. If Jonny had moved earlier he would have been caught three wide and these grandstand drivers would have rubbished the drive!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
29 minutes ago, tim vince said:

Looked to have every chance to me.

 

 

Tim, I thought you were a better judge than that! lol

He should’ve gone out 3 wide and put the horse into the race, as he has previously always gone forward!

He made up many lengths in the straight, and the driver had trouble pulling the horse up!

It was an absolute shocker from a professional driver and I am sure that most of the hoarde Of owners would be wondering what the hell was going on!    

The horse has got a wee bit of ability and won a trial at Rangiora by a large margin and had been going good races but the driver did not want to win, it was clear to see.

Just before the line the driver also grabbed hold of the horse and didn’t drive it out!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
16 minutes ago, gubellini said:

tim vince spot on! Jonny did well to get him one off midfield from the tricky six draw over the sprint journey. Leader Jazzy Star kicked strongly at the top of the straight and won with a bit in hand. Denstown had every chance but simply could not sprint as well as the others. If Jonny had moved earlier he would have been caught three wide and these grandstand drivers would have rubbished the drive!

What a silly comment!

Why on earth would punters criticise a driver for going 3 wide and putting the horse into the race.

What is the point of just sitting in behind and then leaving it until well into the straight to make up lengths.

If he couldn’t sprint as well as the others then that is the flippen Point, the driver should’ve moved and put the horse into the race

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brodie it had handy draws over further distance in the races it lead.Drawing 6 over a sprint at Addington gives you limited choices unless you got blistering gatespeed.I couldn't like the horse today,ironically I actually thought 2nd horse was the bet of the day even though it drew outside Denstown .I actually think Jonny Cox just lacks the quick decision making of a few of the top drivers as I believe he had a great chance to get handy by hopping on John Dunns back when he went around and also missed a trick by not going before Gerard Oreilly turning for home

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
17 minutes ago, richie said:

Brodie it had handy draws over further distance in the races it lead.Drawing 6 over a sprint at Addington gives you limited choices unless you got blistering gatespeed.I couldn't like the horse today,ironically I actually thought 2nd horse was the bet of the day even though it drew outside Denstown .I actually think Jonny Cox just lacks the quick decision making of a few of the top drivers as I believe he had a great chance to get handy by hopping on John Dunns back when he went around and also missed a trick by not going before Gerard Oreilly turning for home

Correct, if he was on the job he would’ve moved out 3 wide rather than just sitting 4 back on the outside until into the straight and gave

the horse no chance of winning!

As it was he made up more ground in the straight than anything and the driver grabbed hold of him before the line which may have cost him 3rd place possibly!

The driver certainly is not a consistent driver and is a mixed bag in that you don’t know what you are going to get!

It is interesting though how people see things differently in regards to races, but I suppose that is why there are punters that lose and others that Win!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wayne Mckenzie, if you want to try be a punter, I suggest you do your form a bit better. To you and others on this post, I have a few comments.

Any one could see that his runs when he had worked forward early, it cost him at the end. He wasn’t finishing off his races And would get rolled. Why would they keep doing the same thing when it clearly wasn’t working? 

Next, wanting him to follow John Dunn. A blind man could see following that horse would have left him 3 wide the last 1000m. 

Further more to that, wanting him to go before O’Rielly would have seen him shunted 4 wide, if not further out, round he home turn. 

He was unlucky up the straight with the gaps closing, possibly costing him 3rd, as stated already. If he had driven it in any of the ways you have suggested, he would not have got nearly as close.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Not sure what you are on but I am Brodie!!

Brodster does do the form reasonably well normally!

However think you are wrong when you say that going forward in previous starts had cost him in the end!

He bolted in at the Rangiora trials leading!

2 or 3 starts ago leading and just getting beaten at Addington by the trailing horse and had all the others beaten easily.

His start on the grass he went forward and sat parked and only just got beaten, so how you can say that he doesn’t like being in front defies logic.

He was driven upside down to what he had been.

In Oz if there is to be a change of tactics this has to be notified!

If there are not questions asked things are wrong.

It was a extremely poor drive and I am sure that Blair Orange or Dexter would not have just sat there giving the horse no chance to win!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shows how little you know again. Trials big difference from races. 

Never said he doesn’t like being in front. I said it hasn’t worked.  He hasn’t won a race unless I’m mistaken? 

My thoughts were the point was to win, not get beaten. Insanity:doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. 

I believe this race was at a Addington, Christchurch, NEW ZEALAND. Not Australia so that point was completely irrelevant. 

Being 3 wide from the 1000m mark or being humped 4 or 5 wide round the bend is also giving it no chance to win. Going forward hadn’t yet won the horse a race, so you can hardly say it was going to win going forward. 

You’re also comparing grass track racing at the west coast to Addington. If you don’t notice the vast difference in the two, it’s definintly time for you to give up  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lincoln1 said:

Shows how little you know again. Trials big difference from races. 

Never said he doesn’t like being in front. I said it hasn’t worked.  He hasn’t won a race unless I’m mistaken? 

My thoughts were the point was to win, not get beaten. Insanity:doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. 

I believe this race was at a Addington, Christchurch, NEW ZEALAND. Not Australia so that point was completely irrelevant. 

Being 3 wide from the 1000m mark or being humped 4 or 5 wide round the bend is also giving it no chance to win. Going forward hadn’t yet won the horse a race, so you can hardly say it was going to win going forward. 

You’re also comparing grass track racing at the west coast to Addington. If you don’t notice the vast difference in the two, it’s definintly time for you to give up  

 

Lincoln1superb analysis of the race. You would have driven horses yourself I would bet. Brodie would have never sat behind a horse for sure!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Lincoln1 said:

Wayne Mckenzie, if you want to try be a punter, I suggest you do your form a bit better. To you and others on this post, I have a few comments.

Any one could see that his runs when he had worked forward early, it cost him at the end. He wasn’t finishing off his races And would get rolled. Why would they keep doing the same thing when it clearly wasn’t working? 

Next, wanting him to follow John Dunn. A blind man could see following that horse would have left him 3 wide the last 1000m. 

Further more to that, wanting him to go before O’Rielly would have seen him shunted 4 wide, if not further out, round he home turn. 

He was unlucky up the straight with the gaps closing, possibly costing him 3rd, as stated already. If he had driven it in any of the ways you have suggested, he would not have got nearly as close.

 

Mate this was a sprint his other races were over extra distance.Think about it.Was never a chance as was completely outdriven.Proven by how well he finished

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Just now, richie said:

Mate this was a sprint his other races were over extra distance.Think about it.Was never a chance as was completely outdriven.Proven by how well he finished

Richie, totally agree he was outdriven or he was not wanting to win, either way it was a very poor effort

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
3 hours ago, gubellini said:

Lincoln1superb analysis of the race. You would have driven horses yourself I would bet. Brodie would have never sat behind a horse for sure!

You are wrong on both counts !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
8 hours ago, Lincoln1 said:

Shows how little you know again. Trials big difference from races. 

Never said he doesn’t like being in front. I said it hasn’t worked.  He hasn’t won a race unless I’m mistaken? 

My thoughts were the point was to win, not get beaten. Insanity:doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. 

I believe this race was at a Addington, Christchurch, NEW ZEALAND. Not Australia so that point was completely irrelevant. 

Being 3 wide from the 1000m mark or being humped 4 or 5 wide round the bend is also giving it no chance to win. Going forward hadn’t yet won the horse a race, so you can hardly say it was going to win going forward. 

You’re also comparing grass track racing at the west coast to Addington. If you don’t notice the vast difference in the two, it’s definintly time for you to give up  

 

Lincoln1, not bothering to debate with you as you are just another one of these trollers that think they will have “The Brodster” on as you are a new poster,

He was never needing to go 4 flippen wide which does show your ability to be able to read a race. he should have gone when John Dunn went!

Ask the owners to see if they were happy with the drive?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any one that knows how to read a race would know as soon as Denstown moved, O’Rielly would have come out underneath him, pushing him 4 wide. Or did you think he would have been happy to get in a pocket 3 back the running line?

As for his other races, his second start he was raced over 2000m at Oamaru, a sprint distance as you have put it.. He went forward, lead and got rolled by 50 start maidens. Hardly a strong tactic. 

Have you asked the owners if they are unhappy? As I’ve already said, they’re clearly trying something different as going forward or working mid race hadn’t won them a race. 

Its not rocket science. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now