RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

Drivers not trying!!!!

24 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Lincoln1, not bothering to debate with you as you are just another one of these trollers that think they will have “The Brodster” on as you are a new poster,

He was never needing to go 4 flippen wide which does show your ability to be able to read a race. he should have gone when John Dunn went!

Ask the owners to see if they were happy with the drive?

If I was an owner of Denstown I would be more unhappy with the fact that the main partner and most successful trainer, Timothy Butt, is now residing in Australia. Cox is a reasonable trainer and competent driver but he is not as good as Butt. 

47 minutes ago, Thejanitor said:

If I was an owner of Denstown I would be more unhappy with the fact that the main partner and most successful trainer, Timothy Butt, is now residing in Australia. Cox is a reasonable trainer and competent driver but he is not as good as Butt. 

the butt / cox combo worries me , i hear you guys all good points,but i wouldnt punt on that combo with stolen money, especially if favourites

make a good point , frustrating when you punt on them or others you think should do better , ive had experience and history with them, prefer to see them on big days to be fair, same old old, go again next time

9 minutes ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

I got that initially.

learnt from very young age with the butts / jones stables that they seem to target the $8 / $10 marks mid week  , at least you can loose 7 times and then get your money back.

25 minutes ago, hands down said:

learnt from very young age with the butts / jones stables that they seem to target the $8 / $10 marks mid week  , at least you can loose 7 times and then get your money back.

:o

Can you provide some examples for us ?

4 minutes ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

:o

Can you provide some examples for us ?

sorry k h havnt kept records , trust me though , dad was involved with derick j , and learn from my punting experienced , trust me , i lost plenty.took me 30 years to wake up

6 minutes ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

I think I shall pass for the time being.

good stuff, im not saying they are no good, both are champions in there own right , im speaking on topic about punting on them, they have history, have a good day mate

19 hours ago, Brodie said:

Tim, I thought you were a better judge than that! lol

He should’ve gone out 3 wide and put the horse into the race, as he has previously always gone forward!

He made up many lengths in the straight, and the driver had trouble pulling the horse up!

It was an absolute shocker from a professional driver and I am sure that most of the hoarde Of owners would be wondering what the hell was going on!    

The horse has got a wee bit of ability and won a trial at Rangiora by a large margin and had been going good races but the driver did not want to win, it was clear to see.

Just before the line the driver also grabbed hold of the horse and didn’t drive it out!

No Denstown is a bit of a weak one paced horse and just proved it grinding home from behind on a fast pace. Had no show of beating the winner who still had gears left even if he went three wide. Have to be loopy to back it with Cox driving! 

2 hours ago, tim vince said:

Tough all u guys bagging jcox.has a record that many would envy. Lots of good trainers would disagree.

I am not bagging J. Cox I think he is a good horseman. However, I guarantee owners at the stable are paying Timothy Butt _ Premier Stables rates when J. Cox, with no disrespect, is not and does not have the experience or success of Mr Butt.

Jonathon William Cox has trained 38 winners, while Timothy Grant Butt has trained 648 pacing winners and 199 trotting winners. 

The stable had four runners last night, three were driven by Cox and were unplaced and the only placegetter Bushido (R10 second) was driven by D. Dunn!

I believe owners at this stable are being short-changed.

Double up on Frankie D. Had no chance last night drawn 2nd line 1 barrier.

Next time drawn good gate, it wins.

As for John Cox, think you guys are being a bit harsh, no good comparing with Tim Butts record from years ago, when the stable was firing , Tims had a lean trot the last few years, J cox inherited them all. Let's see what he does in the coming years.

Is John Cox related to the Cox , David Moss fame?

12 hours ago, Portfolio said:

As for John Cox, think you guys are being a bit harsh, no good comparing with Tim Butts record from years ago, when the stable was firing , Tims had a lean trot the last few years, J cox inherited them all. Let's see what he does in the coming years.

Very much so.

On 1/26/2018 at 10:02 PM, Kotare_Hunter said:

Suspects should be pretty safe as long as file remains in NZ.

I agree! The only way they would get caught is if they asked the stipes to put the bet on and even then it would be 50/50 whether anyone got charged with anything!

15 hours ago, Portfolio said:

think the david moss stuff was frank bebbington ,his daughter married to andrew neal ,{ lynn ) and my god david moss could run, still holds records today , loved that horse.

Edited by hands down

24 minutes ago, hands down said:

think the david moss stuff was frank bebbington ,his daughter married to andrew neal ,{ lynn ) and my god david moss could run, still holds records today , loved that horse.

Pretty sure David Moss was initially trained by Mr Cox then I think Robert Cameron .

Think it won about 30 races from about 100 starts but never started racing until a 6or7 year old .

9 minutes ago, richie said:

Pretty sure David Moss was initially trained by Mr Cox then I think Robert Cameron .

Think it won about 30 races from about 100 starts but never started racing until a 6or7 year old .

ok, think you are pretty right too, not sure where i got bebbington from, cameron had trotters going flat out all over the south in those days, scotch tar, and others, drove balgove { pacer } at same time

1 hour ago, Spikecity said:

And then Clive Herbert - big bold impressive trotter

think clive herbert was from down this way in those days.{ south island , chertsey}, yes he was a big impressive type, had big motor, and just a tough rugged type