RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
scooby3051

Please be nice

Guys and gals, please be nice about the Handicapper seems some of you hurt his feelings and I got a lovely letter from B Saundry.... seems they would rather try to silence the critics rather than fix the perceived issue that everyone was talking about. So please be nice so as I can have some peace too....:(

Here we go again....I’m sure Mr Saundry won’t mind me providing cafers with the name Kate Goodrich. She is a licensed trainer in Victoria who was bullied by her local club committee and now floats from Kilmore to Seymour every day to work her horses.  Please Google and read.  It will provide an interesting insight . 

Message to Bernard ...

Give Leo a call and have a discussion, I am sure Leo would welcome giving you his thoughts and from the outside looking in, I think Leo's thoughts are valid and should be listened to.

We all have skin in the game and are looking for an even playing field - not a big ask surely.

Thanks Bernard.

4 hours ago, hesi said:

Oh dear Bernard

Censorship, this time not by stealth, but a lot more direct.

As you probably read this, please re-institute the weekly news bulletins that contain turnover and meeting wagering data, YTD and previous.

If you are not going to, then please post on this thread, why not

I realise the figures don't look that flash, but not publishing them each week, and hiding the true poor state of the industry, is that really going to help anyone.

Cheers 

PS This data can be obtained under the OIA, as the Racing Board is a Government department, but it would just be easier if you published it, as the organisation that represents thoroughbred racing

yes very direct...but what he fails to understand is that just maybe the person mentioned is not up to the job and I would have thought that the complaints should be investigated to see if what has been said is true rather than just trying to silence the Cafe.Anyway lets see what response i get back from them.

Guest 2Admin2

Not sure why we have to be careful with language especially when it is widely held opinion based on fact.

8 hours ago, hesi said:

Oh dear Bernard

Censorship, this time not by stealth, but a lot more direct.

As you probably read this, please re-institute the weekly news bulletins that contain turnover and meeting wagering data, YTD and previous.

If you are not going to, then please post on this thread, why not

I realise the figures don't look that flash, but not publishing them each week, and hiding the true poor state of the industry, is that really going to help anyone.

Cheers 

PS This data can be obtained under the OIA, as the Racing Board is a Government department, but it would just be easier if you published it, as the organisation that represents thoroughbred racing

Insert "supposedly" after that in last line....:rolleyes:

Guest 2Admin2
10 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

You never received the letter...I did...thats why...

The letter is irrelevant as P4P points out it is an opinion supported by facts (evidence).  Isn't it up to Bernie to explain why the interpretation of the facts by many is incorrect?  Or does a threatening letter over ride that?  

Seems reminiscent of Morty's case.

30 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

The letter is irrelevant as P4P points out it is an opinion supported by facts (evidence).  Isn't it up to Bernie to explain why the interpretation of the facts by many is incorrect?  Or does a threatening letter over ride that?  

Seems reminiscent of Morty's case.

The problem is a valid argument... the language used by some posters to describe the handicapper was more colorful....so it was a problem.

This is nothing new and is the domain of the RIU, for years there have been discrepancies in handicaps.  I would suggest if you have any instances that appear to illustrate this then contact the RIU and if there is no action from them then go public.  There are a substantial number of RIU Inspectors and I am sure one of them should be able to do so investigating  or at least looking into any allegation.  Bearing in mind that an allegation is just that until it is proven in a court of law (and an online forum is certainly not that).  

Edited by Tomjr
Spelling mistake and grammatical error

Guest 2Admin2

Can someone describe "colourful language"?

Isn't P4P's assertion that the handicapper is either incompetent or correct?  Is there a third option?

Can we have a letter from Bernard explaining the examples P4P has presented?

33 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

Can someone describe "colourful language"?

Isn't P4P's assertion that the handicapper is either incompetent or correct?  Is there a third option?

Can we have a letter from Bernard explaining the examples P4P has presented?

No I won't be sharing the letter with everyone......but it was enough for them to threaten defamation... so thats all i will say...cheers.

12 hours ago, La Zip said:

Here we go again....I’m sure Mr Saundry won’t mind me providing cafers with the name Kate Goodrich. She is a licensed trainer in Victoria who was bullied by her local club committee and now floats from Kilmore to Seymour every day to work her horses.  Please Google and read.  It will provide an interesting insight . 

Yes i know all about that absolutely disgusting how Kate was treated. Mafia style  Two  sheriffs from the club playing  hitmen 

2 hours ago, hizzy said:

Yes i know all about that absolutely disgusting how Kate was treated. Mafia style  Two  sheriffs from the club playing  hitmen 

And RV are still on her case though I'm not sure Kate is helping herself at this stage.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/superracing/trainer-kate-goodrich-charged-by-racing-victoria-stewards-after-refusing-stable-inspection/news-story/830a281b35ba79c59c682d40de11fd17

Leggy, that's going back to Jan 2017, a lot has emerged since then, rulings in Kate's favour, proven bullying, this lady was bbq slowly, however she has so much support from the rank and file and from more importantly she did not self harm!......all hell would have broken loose if that terrible scenario emerged.

18 minutes ago, La Zip said:

Leggy, that's going back to Jan 2017, a lot has emerged since then, rulings in Kate's favour, proven bullying, this lady was bbq slowly, however she has so much support from the rank and file and from more importantly she did not self harm!......all hell would have broken loose if that terrible scenario emerged.

True.

19 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

No I won't be sharing the letter with everyone......but it was enough for them to threaten defamation... so thats all i will say...cheers.

To be guilty of defamation you have to say something that you KNOW to be untrue.  Saying something that you firmly believe to be true, based on the facts you have at your disposal, is not defamation