RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ohokaman

What is Kylie Williams on....???!

She is usually a pretty capable rider and I thought she had a good book today. So backed her in a few. Was that a mistake...?!

I'd be interested in others comments on these rides after viewing videos.  Here's my take....

Race 2 - Festival Porper equal favourite - a bit tardy away but made ground on the inside...she sat on it, never moved all the way home.

Race 4- Sunshine Girl - began ok, settled just behind leading group, started to drop out at 600, I thought it would run last, no vigour shown. Into the straight still a fair way off them, got to the outside plugging on, she hits it at last and it rockets into third...( a/c balance now healthier :rolleyes: )

Race 5- Highland Lady - another favourite. Sat in behind leading group, right there in straight, sat on it, never moved when gap appeared, got crowded out last 100 or so so eased down to nearer last....

Not impressed at all. Too tough....??

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

She is usually a pretty capable rider and I thought she had a good book today. So backed her in a few. Was that a mistake...?!

I'd be interested in others comments on these rides after viewing videos.  Here's my take....

Race 2 - Festival Porper equal favourite - a bit tardy away but made ground on the inside...she sat on it, never moved all the way home.

Race 4- Sunshine Girl - began ok, settled just behind leading group, started to drop out at 600, I thought it would run last, no vigour shown. Into the straight still a fair way off them, got to the outside plugging on, she hits it at last and it rockets into third...( a/c balance now healthier :rolleyes: )

Race 5- Highland Lady - another favourite. Sat in behind leading group, right there in straight, sat on it, never moved when gap appeared, got crowded out last 100 or so so eased down to nearer last....

The gap may have come to late on highland lady, so just didn't bother, interesting ride on sunset girl, maybe the rest of the front runners stopped quicker, than she did, didn't see the other one, have being watching an apprentice in the last month or two, just about every ride is out wide charging for the front, and im not talking through my pocket.

6 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

You are probably right Tom....I expected better from experienced jocks....:wacko:

just watched them half a dozen times - very average, in fact poor...

You have good reason to feel passed off, she is of course much better than that particularly when in front - great pace judge - and a lovely lady too

2 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

turn the page, back up on her next time , thats all i can say

54 minutes ago, hands down said:

turn the page, back up on her next time , thats all i can say

I'm with Ohoka, she was bloody awful. In oz she would have been sidelined especially the Highland thing. So  that's why no bets from me down that way and ive got plenty of company.

she , williams has never been the same since jamie bates left town,speaking of master bates, havnt seen him riding around victoria for some time, rode two winners in two days , and thats it.

42 minutes ago, gubellini said:

Ohokaman probably a better strike rate than your punting! Stop grizzling!

So you would be happy then having backed all three Gub...?  I like my horses to at least to be put in the race and given an opportunity to win.....:rolleyes:

10 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

So you would be happy then having backed all three Gub...?  I like my horses to at least to be put in the race and given an opportunity to win.....:rolleyes:

Of course Ohokaman! Seriously do you think Kylie went out in each race to piss punters like you off! At least a dozen jockeys have ridden horses I have shares in in the last year. I can’t fault ANY of their rides! I think your problem is a failure to pick the right horses to back! Jockeys are a soft target when your selections fail to perform.

10 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

I'm waiting for the stipes report....just to see if they were awake.....:rolleyes:

Ohokaman the stipes report suggests that you were the one that wasn’t awake! Festival Porper held up twice in the straight and severely restrained at the 150m mark. Dowry Duty improved wide through middle stages ( Note drew 9/10). Highland Lady held up throughout the straight. Seems to me Kylie was the victim of circumstances rather than not giving these three horses every chance but obviously you are more experienced at race reading than the Stipendiary Stewards!

2 hours ago, gubellini said:

Ohokaman the stipes report suggests that you were the one that wasn’t awake! Festival Porper held up twice in the straight and severely restrained at the 150m mark. Dowry Duty improved wide through middle stages ( Note drew 9/10). Highland Lady held up throughout the straight. Seems to me Kylie was the victim of circumstances rather than not giving these three horses every chance but obviously you are more experienced at race reading than the Stipendiary Stewards!

Be interesting to see if Terri Rae puts her back on that Maiden Gub, that might tell us all what she thought of K W's performance

3 hours ago, gubellini said:

Of course Ohokaman! Seriously do you think Kylie went out in each race to piss punters like you off! At least a dozen jockeys have ridden horses I have shares in in the last year. I can’t fault ANY of their rides! I think your problem is a failure to pick the right horses to back! Jockeys are a soft target when your selections fail to perform.

You are a great owner to ride for then Gub.

The reality is jockeys stuff up rides every day of the week - don't see why they are a protected species.

3 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

Be interesting to see if Terri Rae puts her back on that Maiden Gub, that might tell us all what she thought of K W's performance

Fartoomuch fair comment. In retrospect the number one draw Highland Lady was given may not have suited her.

3 hours ago, gubellini said:

I think that, what Ohakason meant or tried to convey was, the top Jockeys don't put themselves in such difficult spots to extract from - as much. It happens everywhere. Horses being held up in the straight. Being on the rails 3 or 4 back is not ideal in any race up to 1300m. In a staying race its not as much a problem for the Jockey.

4 hours ago, gubellini said:

You want to look at the videos mate....Dowry Duty wasn't one for starters...

She showed absolutely no vigour on any of them, apart from the last 100 on Sunshine Girl. And two were favourites...

15 hours ago, gubellini said:

Oh, so true Well said Grandstand jocks don't ya just love them.