RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Tomjr

Duelled mare looking for a Danehill free stallion

Evening all.  I have a winning Duelled mare she has had two foals, both by Sweet Orange and has been to Keano this year.  I have been looking for a stallion that was a good sprinter/miler without any Danehill.  Ideally was looking for some Nureyev/Mr Prospector influence within a budget.  I have a few I have shortlisted (some on type).  The mare was a dour stayer winning 3 between 2100 to 2400m. 

Shortlist:

Sweynesse

Wrote

Rios

Road to Rock

Haradasun 

And Puccini 

Any advice/input greatly appreciated

Bullbars is a lovely type,  Swynford what does Roc de Cambes look like. Also Tomjr what type is she height, conformation...needs to be considered as much as pedigree match. I like her bottom line :). I remember Scenic well...

In the mating above its the positions of the patterns that is appealing to me.  A huge plus also is that your mare's female line is the family that produced  Graustark. If she was my mare I would want to bring that into play.  

In the family tree below, starting with the mare ask yourself where are the duplications in the mare ...?  and then ask same question again with the stallion.

5a6986aa1f9e8_contessavanessa.thumb.png.08c60ab71faf9f51a769d04947a25243.png

Thanks for that, Roc Dr Cambes and Bullbars were both on my original list as was Ifraaj (but that is stretching things a bit beyond my means).  When I first bought this mare I was impressed by her presence and conformation, then had a look at the pedigree and seeing Sadlers Wells, Redoubtes Choice, Danehill and Sir Tristram in there I thought wow, then I watched the videos of all her starts and she was a stayer with a good turn of foot so I bought her.  The Sweet Orange she had at foot has grown into a lovely yearling and I look forward to seeing how that goes.  

Thank you all for your input.  S wynford thanks for the in depth pedigrees and Loiuse for the good advice.  At this stage I have a few on the shortlist, a bit reduced from the original one.  

Sweynesse

Jakkleberry

Bullbars

And lastly Wrote.

Love the idea of trying to play on linebreeding to Special and trying to get a bit of brilliance into my mares staying aptitude (and Graustark and Buckpasser seem to be very intresting).  The idea of another son/daughter of Danzig in there appeals too.

Just wonder whether a Jakkalberry mating with your mare would result in a too dour offspring and a sire with more precocity should be used. No reflection on Jakkalberry who is a lovely type.

Some broodmares just leave winners,  easy to get caught up in the science of it all, good luck with your choice, i quite like roc de cambes, and a reasonable stud fee to, if you get stuck for choice just put all the names in a hat and pull one out, may have just as much or even better luck.

Hi there

Have you considered our new stallion Unusual Suspect? He is by a champion son of Nureyev Unusual Heat, who was all time leading turf sire in California. 

Amongst his seven stakes wins, Unusual Suspect won a gr3 1200m race, and several stakes races over a mile. 

If you would like a brochure please phone Hamish on 021 2421469

IMG_9556.JPG

On 29/01/2018 at 5:29 AM, Tomjr said:

Thank you all for your input.  S wynford thanks for the in depth pedigrees and Loiuse for the good advice.  At this stage I have a few on the shortlist, a bit reduced from the original one.  

Sweynesse

Jakkleberry

Bullbars

And lastly Wrote.

Love the idea of trying to play on linebreeding to Special and trying to get a bit of brilliance into my mares staying aptitude (and Graustark and Buckpasser seem to be very intresting).  The idea of another son/daughter of Danzig in there appeals too.

Sweynesse for me Tomjr

Here is another option Tomjr.  

As you can see it involves both of the parents of your mare and both of the parents of the stallion. (all bases are covered )  It is in simple terms just a mirror image of line breeding patterns, ( using superior female families. )

Way better to try something like this rather than pulling a name out of a hat.  Sounds like you may have to hunt the stallion down tho.

5a710285ca205_amanpuloechoesofheaven.thumb.png.5aeec5949c59a95cd35529d9a925ed91.png

21 hours ago, Letham said:

Hi there

Have you considered our new stallion Unusual Suspect? He is by a champion son of Nureyev Unusual Heat, who was all time leading turf sire in California. 

Amongst his seven stakes wins, Unusual Suspect won a gr3 1200m race, and several stakes races over a mile. 

If you would like a brochure please phone Hamish on 021 2421469

IMG_9556.JPG

Thanks Letham he looks the part and I will be in touch for a brochure

On 1/23/2018 at 9:21 PM, Tomjr said:

Evening all.  I have a winning Duelled mare she has had two foals, both by Sweet Orange and has been to Keano this year.  I have been looking for a stallion that was a good sprinter/miler without any Danehill.  Ideally was looking for some Nureyev/Mr Prospector influence within a budget.  I have a few I have shortlisted (some on type).  The mare was a dour stayer winning 3 between 2100 to 2400m. 

Shortlist:

Sweynesse

Wrote

Rios

Road to Rock

Haradasun 

And Puccini 

Any advice/input greatly appreciated

Vespa