RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
jess

Woodville Gone Today

Surely after the fiasco that has been NZ Racing so far in 2018 they would have had every expert going around out there over the last few days. Rain has been predicted for today for several days. This would be the most embarrassing abandonment of the whole lot if it was to happen I would suggest because of all the forewarning.

6 minutes ago, barryb said:

Well I hope you are wrong as I am 2/3 of the way there from Hamilton..

Smoko in Taihape, great cafes here.

Good on ya Barry.Reminds me of my single days.Mates and I would go to Alexandra Park on Friday night then up Sat.morning to

go to Matamata/Te Rapa/Paeroa etc. Happy days.

17 minutes ago, barryb said:

Well I hope you are wrong as I am 2/3 of the way there from Hamilton..

Smoko in Taihape, great cafes here.

That man deserves a DB!  (not if you're driving of course ...).

Best of luck Barry - full marks - wish you well on the punt.  

Meeting News

Woodville Race Abandoned

The Woodville races scheduled for Monday 22 January have been abandoned due to a slippery surface. Further information will follow regarding the possibility to reschedule the meeting.

2 hours ago, jess said:

Track good 2; weather showery according to NZTR. 

they will need more than luck, luck doesnt play apart in our tracks, somethings not right,rain might have something to do with it, 

4 minutes ago, wokybok said:

nz tracks dont handle rain anymore

Woodville don't have irrigation if I am correct and the track was a good 2 this morning.

With some light showers there were always going to be concerns, hence the start of this thread in the first place.   

Why are the RIB scheduling meetings on these tracks with no watering facilities during the Summer months..About time the Govt looked into how much revenue they have lost in the last 12 months because of incompetent  people (not just horse racing),we used to be the land of plenty now we are the land of idiots in charge.Sad!!! did you know our overseas debt was 4 billion 9 years ago & its now 40 billion,I wonder why???

Good 2 . Shower of rain at 8a.m. End of the penny section. NZ Racing is at top of the podium for the most dysfunctional racing jurisdiction in the world. Our failed stallions sometimes end up in places like Turkey or the Chatham Islands. Pity our administrators don’t finish up their as well.

Figured it was off when starting gates passed me on Saddle going in other direction.

Reminds me of NZ in 80s, last person out lock the gate, NZ racing is fucked.

Why the hell is this meeting off, nothing wrong with weather here.

2 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

Surely after the fiasco that has been NZ Racing so far in 2018 they would have had every expert going around out there over the last few days. Rain has been predicted for today for several days. This would be the most embarrassing abandonment of the whole lot if it was to happen I would suggest because of all the forewarning.

100% WD.

I thought the Thames fiasco would have been hard to top, stipes arrive on course (2 of them) and declared the track safe to race on. Obviously they don't read the forecast as a severe storm warning was in place for the next day (raceday). Morning of the races - Met Service declaring a severe rain event to present itself within the next few hours, Holiday park owners in Thames were telling campers to move out immediately, NZTA were warning motorists to get out before high tides, showers all morning and races are still on! Two races in and they pull the pin, all horses, trainers, jockeys owners etc are on track - stipes interviewed after abandonment only to tell us they were confident the the meeting would get through! WTF!

Why haven't they learnt and who pays!!