RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
firepipe

Aiden R

4 hours ago, 2Admin2 said:

Jayne Ivil always had potential.  Victoria recognised that.  Surely the problem lies with training and support.  I'm sick of KFE trained clones.  The NZ industry needs to move on.

Jane was Ok but I have really been impressed with Emily who has taken over her role on the big race days. I watched KFE on Weigh In this morning chewing on a pen, she is well past her best

5 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

I don't know what Michelle Pickles does in her role, but she does not appear to have improved presentations at all.

Having said that, it helps if you have the right cattle and Matt Cross is the only bright prospect, if still a work in progress. Let's face it, most of them could disappear tomorrow and most people would not notice the difference. Less talk might be a good thing...!

Has anyone missed Liz Whelan ??

i complained to tab help desk about the normal stuff, only to get a reply from pickles, what the hell she would no about what i wanted, she didnt give an answer , more of a question than anything, like i keep saying these are the fools tab employ, people who no nothing about racing, may as well employ ron snowden again,the tab club is alive and well

8 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Has anyone missed Liz Whelan ??

Has Liz gone? I don't watch trackside all the time so didn't know that. That is a pity, I thought she was a star. I rated her the best presenter they had. The female Luke Radich. What happened? Did she get the boot or leave for something better?

3 hours ago, brett said:

the tab dont  help, they employ these fools, they have from the getgo, they have history, its like a boys club if you like, i remember one year when donna beck was employed , they all had a holiday in picton, they thought they were a cut above all

tab hatter

Is that supposed to mean Picton was somewhere too exotic and therefore an extravagance or picton was inappropriate for some other reason??

8 hours ago, Memphis2 said:

Correct about Jayne Ivil.She is a star.

After reading on here how bad she was I was amazed she got a job with Racing.Com

But the rest is history.

Tall poppy syndrome in this county prevails even at those still on the bottom steps, yet most of those criticizing wouldn't even get to the bottom of the first step. 

4 hours ago, brett said:

i complained to tab help desk about the normal stuff, only to get a reply from pickles, what the hell she would no about what i wanted, she didnt give an answer , more of a question than anything, like i keep saying these are the fools tab employ, people who no nothing about racing, may as well employ ron snowden again,the tab club is alive and well

brett, or is it Brett? Welcome to Race Cafe. I think that you might have something to contribute so please read Mr Big Stuffs posting as he is offering good advice.

2 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

Has Liz gone? I don't watch trackside all the time so didn't know that. That is a pity, I thought she was a star. I rated her the best presenter they had. The female Luke Radich. What happened? Did she get the boot or leave for something better?

decided while she was still young to travel. Must say Dogzone has been cringe material since she has left.

12 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

I thought she did ok as she had obviously been thrown into a region she didn't know much about and she had tried to do some homework. I didn't get to see what she was wearing. The bit that impressed me down there was Stephen Blair-Edie; I thought he spoke well and gave very accurate assessments of his horses. Good to see people like him getting some exposure on a Saturday. Obviously a pretty good trainer as well.

Agree she was very good I thought, SI racing is a hard sell at the best of times she sounded quite enthusiastic about it.

10 hours ago, TOM(the other Molloy) said:

Give those presenters a break you lot.  Jayne Ivil copped a ton of flack here yet is now an star in Victoria and as for critizing their selections well I consider those people to be no more knowledgeable than I am myself so never listen(not hat I claim to be any sort of judge just a mug like everyone else).  Dufficy doesn't tip the card every week as far as I know even though he is entertaining.  As for the Fahey girl's clothing down south well it looked perfectly acceptable to me.  Anyone with wives and daughters who like dress shops would be totally accustomed to that type of gear.

NZ racing has a bloody sight bigger problem than who the Trackside presenters are and what they say.  Liz Whelan is a loss however

Well said  Tom all they do is chop them down. If they are so good why not try themselves. See how they go

The one aspect I don't understand about coverage particularly on massive days like yesterday at Trentham is why they don't have someone on the day who is an experienced horse person i.e. retired horse trainer or jockey, someone who has been there and done that. The rugby and league shows seem to be able to use these ex players to get a better inside insight into their sports than racing does.

No criticism of the presenters though , they have a very hard job to do, most stuff off the cuff and some times talking to people who don't want to be interviewed and you simply cannot criticise anyone for poor tipping as that isn't an easy gig by any stretch of the imagination especially in NZ.

I admire Rodleys enthusiasm for this great sport,he appears to truly love the game as much as many of us here do.

Yes he's a good lad, and has had some tough and sad times along the way and has taken them on board.  His dad Chris was a great jockey and rode a fair few winners for Sanders and Royce Dowling.. Coruba comes to mind :)  and I'm sure he's mentoring him well.

12 hours ago, Insider said:

brett, or is it Brett? Welcome to Race Cafe. I think that you might have something to contribute so please read Mr Big Stuffs posting as he is offering good advice.

sorry there buddy, i wont be taking advise from mr big stuff, nothing he knows i dont already,if he sticks hie neck out here he deserves what he gets, you have a good day though

1 hour ago, brett said:

sorry there buddy, i wont be taking advise from mr big stuff, nothing he knows i dont already,if he sticks hie neck out here he deserves what he gets, you have a good day though

Oh dear Brett! , it is actually buddess and advice .

That is some attitude you appear to have there. I am just waiting for you do display your wealth of knowledge in this manner when you lock horns with more  contributors on here!.

Anyway back to the point  I found David Walsh excellent when used for knowledgeable comment over the Riccarton carnival, given he has graced probably all the tracks in NZ why would he not be utilised more?.

6 minutes ago, Yir Tiz said:

That is some attitude you appear to have there. I am just waiting for you do display your wealth of knowledge in this manner when you lock horns with more  contributors on here!.

I rest my case.

Well put P4P!!

19 hours ago, brett said:

the tab dont  help, they employ these fools, they have from the getgo, they have history, its like a boys club if you like, i remember one year when donna beck was employed , they all had a holiday in picton, they thought they were a cut above all else, most of the people who front the shows have no idear, clueless to be fair ,tab only want your money,the $5 punter is there bread and butter, they make millons on us, not the large ones, they pretend to no stuff, but the tab really dont have a clue, all they want is your cash, do not care how they get it. ill tell you they treat the small sports punter like sh,,,,i,,,,t,they portray them self as the good guy,ive been complaing for years how they treat the sports stuff, but they just dont care, one good thing is on the sports side of thing we dont have to listen to these so called experts like racing, you need to study yourself, thats why they are very frustrating, i no more in that line than they do, they put up false favourites , ie, over in basketball points, chasing the small mulit punter, only to change odds at the last minute, most sports punters who chase a small mulit have no idear, and rely on tab odds, or favourites, but they fool these guys, i hate them, { tab } id love to see competition, thats what we need.

tab hatter

Is tab hatter a relative of the mad hatter?

Donna Beck, now there was a very presentable presenter with common sense, horse sense, and a sense of humour. Didn't she get into strife for almost making Jason Tan cry?

11 minutes ago, Yir Tiz said:

Oh dear Brett! , it is actually buddess and advice .

Anyway back to the point  I found David Walsh excellent when used for knowledgeable comment over the Riccarton carnival, given he has graced probably all the tracks in NZ why would he not be utilised more?.

10 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Brett

The unwritten rule of Cafe is that you write within your verifiable experience and or intellectual range.

On that basis you’ll be assessed by the committee, and categorized.

Based on your recent outbursts we’ve popped you in the “wanker” box, just wanker, but in very real danger of being transferred to “right fucking wanker”.

Now being a wanker is ok, you’re not alone in that box, in fact half of Rangiora and two thirds of Petone will be there with you if you reach out to them ( be careful reaching out in the dark to strangers, I presume the teachers told you about “stranger danger” during the two years, one month and four days, you were at school ).

Anyway back to you Brett, the rule here is that we find wankers to be very busy people, especially new wankers, and we encourage new wankers to work day on, day off, because too much wanking makes you blind.

Your wanking on also makes the older intolerant members quite niggly, and I don’t think you want that.

Can we please thus agree that you’ll now take the odd day off, and I’ll mesage you Fred Hollows number soon.

good on you, i can have a laugh at that , no problem, you can put me in what ever box you want, i tell it as it is, i no some people dont like it, ive been involved with racing and gambling for 50 years , no a thing or two, i can tell you i do not bet on race horses , i bet only sport, and use tab corp, i learnt a long time ago nz racing is not easy to win, nor australian, ive seen alot of changes for the good and bad in this country, butjust choose to listen to your scribes , i get frustrated alot , thats why yesterday i let loose,i beleive in what i say, perhaps could of said it better, sorry if i offended some of you, i think you have good stuff to say, but i can tell you when i hear the wrong things coming over, i will be there to comment, have a good day who you are, ill be watching, thanks for the feed back mate

23 minutes ago, brett said:

good on you, i can have a laugh at that , no problem, you can put me in what ever box you want, i tell it as it is, i no some people dont like it, ive been involved with racing and gambling for 50 years , no a thing or two, i can tell you i do not bet on race horses , i bet only sport, and use tab corp, i learnt a long time ago nz racing is not easy to win, nor australian, ive seen alot of changes for the good and bad in this country, but just choose to listen to your scribes , i get frustrated alot , thats why yesterday i let loose,i beleive in what i say, perhaps could of said it better, sorry if i offended some of you, i think you have good stuff to say, but i can tell you when i hear the wrong things coming over, i will be there to comment, have a good day who you are, ill be watching, thanks for the feed back mate

46 minutes ago, brett said:

good on you, i can have a laugh at that , no problem, you can put me in what ever box you want, i tell it as it is, i no some people dont like it, ive been involved with racing and gambling for 50 years , no a thing or two, i can tell you i do not bet on race horses , i bet only sport, and use tab corp, i learnt a long time ago nz racing is not easy to win, nor australian, ive seen alot of changes for the good and bad in this country, butjust choose to listen to your scribes , i get frustrated alot , thats why yesterday i let loose,i beleive in what i say, perhaps could of said it better, sorry if i offended some of you, i think you have good stuff to say, but i can tell you when i hear the wrong things coming over, i will be there to comment, have a good day who you are, ill be watching, thanks for the feed back mate

So your age is higher than your IQ?

20 hours ago, brett said:

the tab dont  help, they employ these fools, they have from the getgo, they have history, its like a boys club if you like, i remember one year when donna beck was employed , they all had a holiday in picton, they thought they were a cut above all else, most of the people who front the shows have no idear, clueless to be fair ,tab only want your money,the $5 punter is there bread and butter, they make millons on us, not the large ones, they pretend to no stuff, but the tab really dont have a clue, all they want is your cash, do not care how they get it. ill tell you they treat the small sports punter like sh,,,,i,,,,t,they portray them self as the good guy,ive been complaing for years how they treat the sports stuff, but they just dont care, one good thing is on the sports side of thing we dont have to listen to these so called experts like racing, you need to study yourself, thats why they are very frustrating, i no more in that line than they do, they put up false favourites , ie, over in basketball points, chasing the small mulit punter, only to change odds at the last minute, most sports punters who chase a small mulit have no idear, and rely on tab odds, or favourites, but they fool these guys, i hate them, { tab } id love to see competition, thats what we need.

tab hatter

Welcome along Brett. The caps lock is usually on the left, might be good if you got acquainted with it....;)

21 hours ago, brett said:

tab hatter

Is that sign-off meant to be "mad hatter"?