RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
RacingJimmy

Watching NZ racing overseas

I used to be able to watch live NZ racing on the TAB website via my Express VPN account and its NZ location. This now doesn't work which is very frustrating.

How are other people able to watch live NZ racing from outside NZ? Is there an easy option which will work or suggestions that might work for me?

7 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

Basically you can't access the TAB website in any countries that block overseas betting agencies.

Yes you can, what WD meant to say is you can’t do it for free anymore.

As I posted above RJ, $12 a month and you can access your NZTAB account from anywhere.

1 hour ago, Leggy said:

??? Don't think the NZRacing industry is in the business of providing VPN servers are they? You've lost me. What's your point?

It has ZERO to do with NZ Racing, its a private company that is used by many. It just so happens that its an easy & unobstructed way to gain access to the NZ TAB website if you are around the world and the access is blocked.

ie: In Melbourne if you type in NZTAB it wont display, if you use this VPS (or any based in NZ) it will display, allows you to log in & then you can also play the streaming content. Simple really and for a few $ a month problem averted.

Geez....you guys really don't get it at all. It's all about accessibility to data, who owns it and who makes the money from it. Is the NZ racing industry making any money from a site that is using NZ racing content? Does this company have the right to access the data? There's a bunch of other comments I could make but you obviously don't get the issue or where I am coming from

32 minutes ago, Berri said:

Geez....you guys really don't get it at all. It's all about accessibility to data, who owns it and who makes the money from it. Is the NZ racing industry making any money from a site that is using NZ racing content? Does this company have the right to access the data? There's a bunch of other comments I could make but you obviously don't get the issue or where I am coming from

No, YOU don't get it Berri. The site is NOT using NZ racing content nor accessing the data. Users of their service may be, the same as any NZ based internet user could. I definitely don't get where you are coming from but that's because YOU don't get that it is not an issue such as you suggest. You are barking up a tree.

1 hour ago, Memphis2 said:

Ok so you are only paying for the ability to access NZ. You can use it for any site? I'm on the right track ? 

Like to use the NZ Tab site 

Yes, exactly, the capability to access NZ sites as though you were doing so from within NZ.

Cheers Soliloquy. Betting and watching. I can access the TAB site on my VPN but since VPN has updated their systems I cannot watch like I used to.

Loveracing website doesnt work either unfortunately. I've got around it by setting up a Sportsbet account but I miss the lead up to NZ races such as prelims which I would like to watch.

I use Private Internet Access as my VPN. Anyone else use a VPN that works?