RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Flabbergasted

ARE THEY FOR REAL

4 hours ago, rouseabout said:

That is a good call Craig

Perhaps the Assoc will put a brochure out telling us how to best train our dogs in the future

Cheers  Ray A

If you find a copy of it Ray can you let me know where you got it from so I can get 1 to help with my studies for becoming a trainer. lmao

Gary my latest remark was a sarcastic one

There are many, many ways of training dogs.  You learn as you go. A lot of books are about but you will not beat experience.

Train your dog to suit both the dog and your own situation.  Surely someone up your way can give you advice.

Best Wishes   Ray A

10 minutes ago, rouseabout said:

There are many, many ways of training dogs.  You learn as you go. A lot of books are about but you will not beat experience.

Train your dog to suit both the dog and your own situation.  Surely someone up your way can give you advice.

Best Wishes   Ray A

You know..what is happening is quite simple..we have a board of administrators that know nothing about greyhound racing and managment..we blame the guys in the office...but who controls them...the board because thats who we elect....now look at the board ..we have no strong element on it ..our elected member is now in a cosy postion after doing nothing ..we as lps have no say anymore....im sure jean would agree shaking rocks in a bottle will help dogs to chase....i can tell you every one off my racing dogs would s..t themseves....so maybe it is time to stop hearing from the ceo of grnz and get a explanation from the board we elected.....stop passing the buck...

23 minutes ago, rouseabout said:

Best Wishes   Ray A

Sorry ray..i didnt mean to quote you in my last thread...but agree 100pc....every dog is different

2 hours ago, rouseabout said:

Best Wishes   Ray A

I had a feeling you were which is why I made my comment funny also with the "lmao" on the end.

On ‎19‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 0:10 AM, Craig Symes said:

Just wondering if the race day photographers will be allowed to use anything to get the dogs attention on the dais for the after race photos ?

Hi Craig I have been given permission to use the squeaker while taking photos on the dias . I not allowed to come to your property and squeak it while you are training your dogs

2 hours ago, Ravendog said:

All above makes no sense since some rep from NZ Greys was over here at Albion Park Grey's looking at the lures and squeakers that we use, awhile back  

And where did the money for that trip come from?

So if when this comes in what are we going to have more of ? No chasers what will happen to them ? Sad thing is we are shutting our selfs down can’t blame anyone else . Now the clubs all voted for this give the power to the Nzgra look where we are now .... how can we go forward vote the board out. It’s the only way I see us getting anywhere 

Apparently the rule was made by a certain person in the office and took it upon themselves to sanction it. The board hadn’t seen it so hadn’t ratified it. So it had been a case of the tail wagging the dog and the dog finally showed strength and bit the tail. 

5 hours ago, Zero Tolerance said:

Apparently the rule was made by a certain person in the office and took it upon themselves to sanction it. The board hadn’t seen it so hadn’t ratified it. So it had been a case of the tail wagging the dog and the dog finally showed strength and bit the tail. 

..i think you will find it was a board decision and was reversed by the same board....but lets not let the truth get in the way of a good story....

On ‎8‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 0:30 PM, Flabbergasted said:

I believe common sense has prevailed and that the No Squeaker policy has been lifted.   

Credit where credit is due "Well done GRNZ". 

Nah flabber, It was an incredibly stupid thing to do in the first place and quickly retracting it when the users rightly kicked up a bit of a fuss just shows how inept the whole exercise was and absolutely no credit should be due.

One lunatic even posted that we must have voted for it. No one even heard about it till after their brainstorm.

People here are a few facts. One, we owners and trainers are the industry. For all their high falluting plans, thoughts and ideas  the board cannot exist without us.

Two, we have had many rights removed from our grasp. The fact that all these changes can be made on a whim without input from the members shows how much we have relinquished.

Three, We have the power. All we have to do is stand up for our rights. . The Auckland debacle is a good example. No one seemed to be in any position to decide if the reason was an act of God or not, the members certainly were sure, the RIU seemed to agree with them but the people who were responsible for the issue were able to decide otherwise. The correct action would have been for every member to not nominate for the next meeting at Auckland. Just as it is correct to stand up and be counted when foolhardy rules that penalise the members are passed.

Four, None of this will happen and so things will just puddle along as they are. A new CEO so a new start....... past behaviour is the biggest predictor of future behaviour. The new CEO has been part of the present situation we find ourselves in so why should we expect anything different.

Cheers Mike Martin

11 hours ago, GOM said:

Nah flabber, It was an incredibly stupid thing to do in the first place and quickly retracting it when the users rightly kicked up a bit of a fuss just shows how inept the whole exercise was and absolutely no credit should be due.

One lunatic even posted that we must have voted for it. No one even heard about it till after their brainstorm.

People here are a few facts. One, we owners and trainers are the industry. For all their high falluting plans, thoughts and ideas  the board cannot exist without us.

Two, we have had many rights removed from our grasp. The fact that all these changes can be made on a whim without input from the members shows how much we have relinquished.

Three, We have the power. All we have to do is stand up for our rights. . The Auckland debacle is a good example. No one seemed to be in any position to decide if the reason was an act of God or not, the members certainly were sure, the RIU seemed to agree with them but the people who were responsible for the issue were able to decide otherwise. The correct action would have been for every member to not nominate for the next meeting at Auckland. Just as it is correct to stand up and be counted when foolhardy rules that penalise the members are passed.

Four, None of this will happen and so things will just puddle along as they are. A new CEO so a new start....... past behaviour is the biggest predictor of future behaviour. The new CEO has been part of the present situation we find ourselves in so why should we expect anything different.

Cheers Mike Martin

Gezz mike..were did some iunitic say we voted for it??...i said we voted the board in...but thanks for your comment.

12 hours ago, Hound Fan said:

Gezz mike..were did some iunitic say we voted for it??...i said we voted the board in...but thanks for your comment.

Wrong lunatic Steve, it was Garry1 I was referring to. You know me, if I thought you were a 'iunitic' I would tell you to your face.

1 hour ago, GOM said:

Wrong lunatic Steve, it was Garry1 I was referring to. You know me, if I thought you were a 'iunitic' I would tell you to your face.

and where did I say you voted for  don't try and cover up your mistakes admit it you really where referring to him