RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
gary1

pizemoney

This also highlights just how great a race the Levin Turf Classic as it was originally called used to be, held on a country track with a very good supporting card.

I remember winning a competition on 2ZB back in 1981. The prize included a return train trip from Wellington to Levin, entry to a champagne brunch held on the course before the first race, lunch vouchers and a $25 betting voucher which was not to be sneezed at back then. 

A huge crowd and a great Classic with Our Flight beating the hot pot Red Tempo who couldn't go on firm tracks.

7 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

Whilst he was a toff on wet tracks Red Tempo could go on any type of tracks. Won the Futurity at Caulfield, the Irwin wfa at Morphettville and the Newmarket at Flemington on good tracks.    

I said firm tracks. Yes you are right he did win on good tracks in Australia. I should have said jarred up on firm tracks and that was certainly the case when Our Flight ran away from him in the Classic. From memory the only time he was ever beaten on a heavy track was by the great Strawberry Road.