RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
N1MUE

Nature Strip

On 7/10/2018 at 10:47 AM, Rusty said:

I think he will win an Everest. 

Unlikely this year, but maybe next year. 

He got his slot, one spot open still. Not sure how long final slot holder can hold on for. Chautauqua can trial again after 22nd September I think it was. 

1 hour ago, Ponderosa8 said:

Not sure if I'm just repeating what everyone knew already.... but just read that Steven Hansen is in the ownership of Nature Strip.

Yeah, there are 15 of them--how appropriate for a rugby man.

On 7/9/2018 at 3:50 PM, Red Rum said:

Hello LZ. Correct Nature Strip is  a sprinter. It is clear due to the length of races it is entered up in , It was really just an off the cuff comment that if you've gone through 3 trainers and now have it at the champion of Victoria's yard maybe Mr Waller as champion of Sydney might be the other option. I am well aware of the others abilities as  trainers and accord them the greatest respect for being the top of their chosen profession The caps lock , that I've been told by learned friends is  in social media akin to shouting I will fully  accept  on the chin  as a rebuke for not mentioning others. However although I am not employed by Mr Waller, having followed his success I would stick my neck out and say not every horse in his care  has the same training routine everyday .

He possibly employs  different training regimes for the Who  Shot the Barman's or Grand Marshall's  of the yard as compared to the two champion sprinters he trained in Zoustar and Brazen Beau. Both of whom command healthy stud fees.

Having had a good look at Nature Strip's record it appears maybe the owners had hand forced for  first trainer change with the Robert  Smeardon suspension. There  probably are not many horses on forth trainer closing out 3 year old campaign but iam sure if digging is done a few could be found.

Weir has kept him to short course sprints because that is his forte, probably the fastest around. He did break a track record at MV on Saturday and the runner up Houtzen is no slouch. Shoals is the overlooked runner from that race...much too short for her and she wasn't far away. Not at peak yet and given the 1200m it would be a different story.

Nature Strip has been picked up by ATC for the Everest but you would have to have queries on him over the 1200m against top quality horses like Redzel, Trapeze Artist, Vega Magic and Santa Ana Lane.

52 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

He got his slot, one spot open still. Not sure how long final slot holder can hold on for. Chautauqua can trial again after 22nd September I think it was. 

The ATC and Racing NSW will confirm the final field and barrier draw early October, so I think the final slot holder will have pretty much up until then. 

Nature Strip at 13s fixed a few months ago is looking even better value now thank you very much. At the 13s can go dutch and get some cover with Redzel. 

Few have raised question marks over NS re: the 1200 but he has won over the distance before and led up the Flemington straight over 1100 which is the equivalent of a 1200. 

Two more strides last start at the Valley and NS would have been beaten but a track record is a track record, without his regular jockey and from the barrier draw (1) he really didn't want, so bloody good run considering. 

Still think he'll win next year, but D Weir is a talented horseman, so could be this year. 

On 7/5/2018 at 9:36 PM, Red Rum said:

Nature Strip back again Saturday Flemington , was mighty impressive first up for Weir. It was first time I've had a real good look at the horse , it's a monster. However looking through the thread looks like it's been through a number of yards. If Weir cannot satisfy owners if that is the issue not sure where he goes, really only Waller left.

Nostradamus. 

10 hours ago, Rusty said:

Nostradamus. 

Your a big Ladbrokes fan Rusty,  now it was formed in 1362 as a boards bookmakers situated in the betting ring at Lord John's Castle jousting grounds, near Nottingham . Given that old Nostradamus had a bit of an edge when it came to predictions would he have been banned or restricted by them as I hear others are ? 

1 hour ago, Red Rum said:

Your a big Ladbrokes fan Rusty,  now it was formed in 1362 as a boards bookmakers situated in the betting ring at Lord John's Castle jousting grounds, near Nottingham . Given that old Nostradamus had a bit of an edge when it came to predictions would he have been banned or restricted by them as I hear others are ? 

He was a smart man indeed, so I would have thought he would have outsmarted Laddies by being successful, but not too successful.

Speaking of Ladbrokes, did the NZ TAB offer anything like this.... 

20190209_115215.jpg

20190209_115235.jpg

48 minutes ago, Rusty said:

He was a smart man indeed, so I would have thought he would have outsmarted Laddies by being successful, but not too successful.

Speaking of Ladbrokes, did the NZ TAB offer anything like this.... 

20190209_115215.jpg

20190209_115235.jpg

Sure NZ tab will follow , 50 mill new site so will be some big huge promos and new things for sure Rusty , you will be crawling back home to nz tab  on hands and knees , stakes are doubling this year also according to an article on Te Akau website  last year so its on the up here , you might have jumped ship too soon. Wow double stakes incredible stuff will be good for racing here this year .

3 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Sure NZ tab will follow , 50 mill new site so will be some big huge promos and new things for sure Rusty , you will be crawling back home to nz tab  on hands and knees , stakes are doubling this year also according to an article on Te Akau website  last year so its on the up here , you might have jumped ship too soon. Wow double stakes incredible stuff will be good for racing here this year .

Double stakes?  Have doubts myself............ But I hope it happens. no more $10,000 races, yee ha

15 minutes ago, arjay said:

Double stakes?  Have doubts myself............ But I hope it happens. no more $10,000 races, yee ha

No Arjay have no doubts about it at all  , latest statement though was  substantial increase  so not sure but don't panic  . My maths is poor substantial equals double ? . Maybe it's just a small index linked increase .Anyway wished I'd backed Spirit of Valour at Ladbrokes instead of US Navy Flag at NZ TAB  in Manikato last year  as I would have got a free bet .

All this talk of Weir and blinkers  and Brave Smash did hose home in them , Nature Strip when gunning for spot in biggest prizemoney race on turf in world hasn't worn them , I don't think ever but stand to be corrected my memory poor nowdays . If that was his go to why wasnt the Strip in them ? So many angles to this who bloody knows .