RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
N1MUE

Nature Strip

2 minutes ago, N1MUE said:

Watched a special horse go round at Sandown today.  Check out the video replays of this guy's four runs.

Last two starts amazing.  Even the run on debut was something special - winning despite the young jockey's efforts to get him beaten.

https://www.racing.com/horses/nature-strip/form

Very nice horse with plenty more to come. I think there will be a line up of trainers trying to get this one in their stable given the Smerdon situation.

Steve Hansen also has a share. It’s Kean Leo - think you’ve conversed here and there.

Yep it’s first up effort was enormous - the jockey’s first ever raceday ride and won despite of this and then was a certainty beat 2nd up at the Valley when he got lost turning for home.

These leviathan punters should have a heap of fun as, despite some huge offers coming in, they are there for the buzz of it all.

On 10/01/2018 at 9:32 PM, N1MUE said:

Watched a special horse go round at Sandown today.  Check out the video replays of this guy's four runs.

Last two starts amazing.  Even the run on debut was something special - winning despite the young jockey's efforts to get him beaten.

https://www.racing.com/horses/nature-strip/form

the horse IS special but so is the "young jockey" that steered it to victory at his first race ride

not as much euphoria on here as there was many years ago when mitch beadman won at his first ride.....:rolleyes:

m. poy , outstanding young talent.

On 1/11/2018 at 6:54 AM, Franco Ice said:

One never tires of watching horses with his turn of foot. Thanks for the heads-up, will follow with interest.

Agreed. Not sure on the quality of horse it was running away from but the way it responded at the 200 looked impressive. 

On 1/13/2018 at 4:26 PM, Chris Wood said:

Mick Price is the new trainer for this fellow I hear!

On 1/14/2018 at 9:10 PM, Chris Wood said:

John Sadler is the new trainer of Nature Strip.

Well it's racing on Saturday for Robert Hickmott. 

Guest 2Admin2

Scratched from tomorrow's race at Warwick Farm.  Worked brilliantly the Sydney way round  but returned an "ordinary blood test." Out for a brief spell.  I'm told Smerdon still has a share and believes the horse shouldn't race this prep in a Grp 1 as he will much much better next season.  A Grp 1 might be a step too far this prep.

https://www.punters.com.au/news/nature-strip-out-of-inglis-sprint-_166088/

ouch....talk about a good thing beaten fresh up on Saturday when running 2nd. New trainer and new jockey.......

STEWARDS have opened an inquiry into Craig Williams’ tactics on Nature Strip after he was one of three odds-on favourites to be beaten in consecutive races at Caulfield.

Racing Victoria chief steward Terry Bailey said they were concerned with Williams’ tactics in the first 200m when he didn’t kick up to lead from barrier one.

Trainer John Sadler was also queried by stewards and he described the ride as “ugly”.

Stewards have adjourned the inquiry to next Thursday.

Nature Strip back again Saturday Flemington , was mighty impressive first up for Weir. It was first time I've had a real good look at the horse , it's a monster. However looking through the thread looks like it's been through a number of yards. If Weir cannot satisfy owners if that is the issue not sure where he goes, really only Waller left.

On 7/5/2018 at 7:36 PM, Red Rum said:

Nature Strip back again Saturday Flemington , was mighty impressive first up for Weir. It was first time I've had a real good look at the horse , it's a monster. However looking through the thread looks like it's been through a number of yards. If Weir cannot satisfy owners if that is the issue not sure where he goes, really only Waller left.

Really, only Mr Waller? Nature Strip is a sprinter...not something that needs twice round on the sand every morning....plenty of good trainers..perhaps Hayes or McEvoy....or even Mick Price....all superb trainers of SPRINTERS

He was running out of air at the finish! The head wind wouldn’t have helped though. A Group One over 1200m in the Autumn will be a different proposition, not that I wouldn’t love to own him. 

On 07/07/2018 at 4:52 PM, La Zip said:

Really, only Mr Waller? Nature Strip is a sprinter...not something that needs twice round on the sand every morning....plenty of good trainers..perhaps Hayes or McEvoy....or even Mick Price....all superb trainers of SPRINTERS

Hello LZ. Correct Nature Strip is  a sprinter. It is clear due to the length of races it is entered up in , It was really just an off the cuff comment that if you've gone through 3 trainers and now have it at the champion of Victoria's yard maybe Mr Waller as champion of Sydney might be the other option. I am well aware of the others abilities as  trainers and accord them the greatest respect for being the top of their chosen profession The caps lock , that I've been told by learned friends is  in social media akin to shouting I will fully  accept  on the chin  as a rebuke for not mentioning others. However although I am not employed by Mr Waller, having followed his success I would stick my neck out and say not every horse in his care  has the same training routine everyday .

He possibly employs  different training regimes for the Who  Shot the Barman's or Grand Marshall's  of the yard as compared to the two champion sprinters he trained in Zoustar and Brazen Beau. Both of whom command healthy stud fees.

Having had a good look at Nature Strip's record it appears maybe the owners had hand forced for  first trainer change with the Robert  Smeardon suspension. There  probably are not many horses on forth trainer closing out 3 year old campaign but iam sure if digging is done a few could be found.

I get your point Red Rum, but maybe La Zip got the wrong end of the stick with your comment about Mr Waller being the "only" trainer left. 

4th trainer before the horse turns 4 years old. And a bloody good horse at that, is a bit unusual, in either code and dare I suggest even the dish lickers?!

Could understand it if the horse was a plodder but Nature Strip is an excitement machine, so to have several trainers thus far is not the norm for a horse with this amount of ability and talent. 

Mr Waller could possibly be "the next cab off the rank" if the owners wanted to change again though. No doubt he can train a SPRINTER (sorry for shouting), Deploy set a few track records and G1 winner Brash Smash has Mr Waller engaged for the Everest. There are good trainers and then you have great trainers. Mr Waller is a champion trainer in my opinion. 

Hopefully Nature Strip gets a shot at the Everest, but it's looking unlikely at the moment. NS and D Lane is a lethal combination.