RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Voorhees

2009 Wsop

Congratulations to JOE CADA who, just a week short of his 22nd birthday, becomes the 2009 World Series of Poker Main Event Champion, and with it the 1st Prize of $US8.5M.

That prize is HUGE in anyone's language. Compare it to:

Dubai World Cup: $US3.6M

Indianapolis 500: $US3.05M

Breeders Cup Classic: $US3M

Daytona 500: $US1.53M

US Open Tennis: $US1.6M

US Open Golf: $US1.35M

WOW!

how many enter the wsop,its some huge number isnt it?Got to be the fastest growing sport? on the planet,its everywhere.

6594 entered this year.

It really took off since Chris Moneymaker (amateur) won it.

I'm off to Nevada to play in it next year.

6594 entered this year.

It really took off since Chris Moneymaker (amateur) won it.

I'm off to Nevada to play in it next year.

I find the monthly game me and the boys have competitive enough, loads of fun a fair few beers and a BBQ break in the middle ,Sky Sports on in the background, and a laugh a minute with the Sh!t that gets talked...all those people that bag the game haven't really given it a go with the right people....Great fun once a month for us.

6500 in WSOP main event this year.it is probably is the fastest growing sport owing to the fact anyone can play it and at any time of the day or night ( online) you also dont need to an athelete lol and suppose most of us like to gamble

Elsu Is Awesome-Good luck for next year.I just love the game.Put $50 in my pokerstars account last year and have been playing around with it for over a year now.Just play small amounts at a time but have had it up to 360 but tried to buy way into APPT Auckland but got very bad beat from some Aussie with a greek/Italian name and am still pissed about it.Had A.K. flopped straight and went all in dude sittin there with 10.Q. took what seemed like 20 mins to call and got another 10 on turn for full house.I was gutted so gave up idea of being pro poker player.lol

Its all about bankroll.

Mine is three stacks of high society.... but its still not enough.

Decided to finally front up with the $10,000 US it costs to play in the damn thing, unless I can win a satellite tounament in the next couple of months.

Trouble is, my specialty is Pot Limit Omaha..... whereas the WSOP Main Event is Texas Hold Em all the way.

The 10k U.S is not the best tournament to try and make a profit, but you cant win 8mil in the normal 3-5k U.S entry events.... Usually vary from 200k-1mil in those other 53 events.

Would be an interesting summer for sure, all the students/pro's hiring out the vegas bachelor pads...

The 10k U.S is not the best tournament to try and make a profit, but you cant win 8mil in the normal 3-5k U.S entry events.... Usually vary from 200k-1mil in those other 53 events.

Would be an interesting summer for sure, all the students/pro's hiring out the vegas bachelor pads...

Its an absolute fish fest.

Just watching it on telly makes me sick. People pushing all in with pocket 4's, getting called by Aces or Kings and the 4's river a set. Offhome goes the guy who called with the better hand :(

Dont mind that **** happening in cash games occasionally.... but a $10,000 buy in tourney.... its just sick.

Its an absolute fish fest.

Just watching it on telly makes me sick. People pushing all in with pocket 4's, getting called by Aces or Kings and the 4's river a set. Offhome goes the guy who called with the better hand :(

Dont mind that **** happening in cash games occasionally.... but a $10,000 buy in tourney.... its just sick.

one hand there was AA playing KK guy with KK hit quads lol

Cada pushed with 22 and won the hand that started his hot run at the final table..... thats how it rolls somtimes...you have to be a lucky optomist to play and enjoy the game.... im an optomist but im not all that lucky lol but still love it

My mate Dan Craker won the APPT in Auckland last year with pocket deuces. He was up against AQ and his pair held up. Picked up a nice cheque for just over $250,000, although when there were only three players left the all agreed to split the money and play for the title. So Dan lost on the deal as his share "only" came to around $208K. Still nice for a lad from Wainuiomata! :D