RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
richie

Dale at Omoto

Yip it wasn't nice to watch,especially when it's a horse that you have a share in.In short after showing Good speed he failed to handle the bend and that was that.He has since been retired from the stable and has been rehomed.So my first foray into the gallopers has been interesting.And yip both horse and rider are ok.

Thanks for posting Mardy.  The heart must've been well n truly in the mouth when you saw that unfold - bad enough for those with no connection whatsoever to see that happen.

V pleased to hear both ok - Brett will regain any lost confidence and go on to ride more winners - and plenty of failed race-horses go on to have perfectly lovely lives if their humans take the trouble to arrange it .. just ask the big lazy lummox in my front paddock ... ;)

All the best, J. 

Yea Jess heart was definitely in my mouth when I saw what was happening. ..felt sick to the stomach as I knew it wasn't going to end well.The trainers have just purchased another horse which everyone in the syndicate can transfer over too if they wish.

Amazing everyone was ok, certainly not a good start to the day, was some interesting riding tactics during the day, the cup was run at break neck speed, front runners going hammer and tong, some of them 3 and 4 wide, first  3 home only ones ridden with any patience, must be the mindset that you must be in front to have any show.

1 hour ago, Shad said:

Amazing everyone was ok, certainly not a good start to the day, was some interesting riding tactics during the day, the cup was run at break neck speed, front runners going hammer and tong, some of them 3 and 4 wide, first  3 home only ones ridden with any patience, must be the mindset that you must be in front to have any show.

There will be some form reversals for sure Shad....Myers horses will improve markedly I reckon....

23 hours ago, Mardy said:

Yip it wasn't nice to watch,especially when it's a horse that you have a share in.In short after showing Good speed he failed to handle the bend and that was that.He has since been retired from the stable and has been rehomed.So my first foray into the gallopers has been interesting.And yip both horse and rider are ok.

He's been an unlucky horse Mardy...seemed to find trouble most starts. Trialled well previously too.

2 hours ago, Shad said:

They won't be wanting rain after the big dry they have had.

There has been regular rain(regular but not a lot) here since a couple of weeks before Christmas.  The tracks will handle it IF it comes(but that is a bloody big 'IF').  Only one I would have doubts about if it rains close to the meeting is Kumara as they have dug the track up in the past and , as with every track they touch, it is now susceptible to horses slipping.

Reefton is the one in need of rain.  There has been very little in the district for quite a few weeks(though it did get half an inch last Thursday).

The Coast weather forecast covers Milford Sound to Karamea - only about 500 miles.  Today 3 News reported 38mm of rain in Milford and you would say, given that, there was heavy rain on the Coast. Well where I am in Greymouth it didn't look anything like raining.

The Coast forecast is so often wrong it is best ignored.   

9 minutes ago, BruceL said:

Look's like the rain has turned up!

well it has rained a bit but it will absorb that easy.   6mm is a light shower here though I hope the poor old farmers up the Grey Valley got that much.   I have been out for a bike ride this morning without a jacket or coat and certainly didn't get wet. 

Looking a the times on Sunday I suspect that track was nowhere near a good 2.  The times were comparable to Awapuni's dead 5 times and allowing for the tighter track they should have been quicker.

35 minutes ago, TOM(the other Molloy) said:

well it has rained a bit but it will absorb that easy.   6mm is a light shower here though I hope the poor old farmers up the Grey Valley got that much.   I have been out for a bike ride this morning without a jacket or coat and certainly didn't get wet. 

Looking a the times on Sunday I suspect that track was nowhere near a good 2.  The times were comparable to Awapuni's dead 5 times and allowing for the tighter track they should have been quicker.

Thanks for that, Would think tracks would be Soft at best for Hokitika and Kumara?, love the West Coast circuit racing 

1 hour ago, BruceL said:

Thanks for that, Would think tracks would be Soft at best for Hokitika and Kumara?, love the West Coast circuit racing 

It would want to rain a bloody sight more than it has for them to be that bad(mind you if the forecast is right it could do)

i'm bloody surprised the little bit of rain we have had has turned Hoki to dead 4 and Kumara to dead 5 but if it fines up I reckon they will both be good 3 dead 4.

Can someone tell me what is the firmest rating you could have before most Trainers start scr.their horses.I've been

told a horses individual galloping style determines how susceptible it is to shin soreness.(sorry, a lot of us mug punters know these things:()

2 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

I would say crashing through a fence was unlucky wouldn't you...? Apart from that he was checked in a couple of races.

The poor things head was completely cooked, it was him doing the checking in his previous races, watch them he's clearly been erratic/dangerous for quite some time. To race that poor horse is irresponsible and don't try to tell me his trainer didn't know what he was like. That jockey is lucky to be alive. Yep I'd say that poor horse is very unlucky to have been given the life he's had so far, so maybe you are right he is unlucky. Hopefully someone experienced and gentle has him now

2 hours ago, TOM(the other Molloy) said:

It would want to rain a bloody sight more than it has for them to be that bad(mind you if the forecast is right it could do)

i'm bloody surprised the little bit of rain we have had has turned Hoki to dead 4 and Kumara to dead 5 but if it fines up I reckon they will both be good 3 dead 4.

Raining quite steadily and reasonably heavily here now 

7 hours ago, awego said:

The poor things head was completely cooked, it was him doing the checking in his previous races, watch them he's clearly been erratic/dangerous for quite some time. To race that poor horse is irresponsible and don't try to tell me his trainer didn't know what he was like. That jockey is lucky to be alive. Yep I'd say that poor horse is very unlucky to have been given the life he's had so far, so maybe you are right he is unlucky. Hopefully someone experienced and gentle has him now

Mmmm.....totally agree awego. I know of some that refused to take the ride because of that.Why would you take it to the tight circuits of the coast with that reputation ?? Maybe cos someone has no fucken idea and is just a blow arse......

7 hours ago, awego said:

Have to agree, not sure you could say the horse was previously unlucky?

Great that jockey OK, but maybe horse should have been retired before now?