RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Spikecity

ALL STARS "NOT GOOD FOR THE GAME"-ITS A MYTH

5 minutes ago, richie said:

Of course they a business.Any professional trainer that not running it as a business these days surely not worth a pinch of salt.Just like all professional sports racing is a business.I liken the All Stars to the All Blacks.

It is up to other teams to find ways to compete with them.

It is not like the All Blacks  - racing survives on punting and like or not the All Stars  is killing harness punting - biggest decline of all codes .

Domination by one stable with short odds puts punters off !!

The bet is what makes the sport live and they are killing both .

5 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

In defence of these owners, don't some sponsor quite a few races? I don't have any intimate knowledge of All Stars owners but the Kennards etc put back into the game, don't they? That is the perception I have but may be way off the mark.

It would be difficult to tar all the owners with the same brush, wouldn't it?

Not all !

I have witnessed them- only them - reserve a table ( and the Club obliges placing a reserve sign on table by the window just for them with name etc - I cannot reserve a table ) when raiding Southland then to top it off don’t turn up !!

Some of the team are arrogant plus .

26 minutes ago, LongOwner said:

It is not like the All Blacks  - racing survives on punting and like or not the All Stars  is killing harness punting - biggest decline of all codes .

LongOwner, you are a very wise person.

Of course the short odds being offered by the TAB is pissing the larger punters off plus the restrictions even on short odds!

A lot of punters will give it awaymand so t be seen again!

I have asked whether anyone could get their hands on the weekly fixed odds amounts going on!

I do know it takes very little to reduce a horses fixed odds price.

The TAB relies on sports betting rather than NZ racing to make their money, as that is where they make the majority of their profit and it costs them bugger all to run!

1 hour ago, LongOwner said:

I think the TAB by limiting punters is affecting harness racing more than All Stars dominance.I know one  of the big owners in the stable that like a punt and he is limited to how much he can collect and has been since Adore Me won the cup.He has moved to Aussie and now spends over a million a year on NZ harness racing through numerous Aussie betting agencys.That $20000 per week.

I actually know a few large punters,and one  who doesnt hesitate to put a few grand on any favouriteof All Stars paying over 1.80.

I dont know what punters get put off because their odds always seem to go down even if they start at 1.60 so obviously still a lot of money goung on.Take notes next premier day and show me the difference between the money put on a All stars favourite compared to a Dickie or Barry Purdon  or Dunn favourite

1 hour ago, richie said:

I think the TAB by limiting punters is affecting harness racing more than All Stars dominance.I know one  of the big owners in the stable that like a punt and he is limited to how much he can collect and has been since Adore Me won the cup.He has moved to Aussie and now spends over a million a year on NZ harness racing through numerous Aussie betting agencys.That $20000 per week.

I actually know a few large punters,and one  who doesnt hesitate to put a few grand on any favouriteof All Stars paying over 1.80.

I dont know what punters get put off because their odds always seem to go down even if they start at 1.60 so obviously still a lot of money goung on.Take notes next premier day and show me the difference between the money put on a All stars favourite compared to a Dickie or Barry Purdon  or Dunn favourite

The big problem is the total sum invested - turnover - when a race is dominated by one stable .

I hate to say it but an amateur race at Cambridge will end up with a bigger pool than ss heat or a class race dominated with purdon runners run at Addington.

Low turnover lower stakes - the clubs cannot pay stakes with falling turnover .Even fields across all race classes increases turnover and to get even fields and punting interest / turnover a better spread of stable representation would be a big help .

i have never said they are not the best but to say they are not damaging the health of the sport is bullshit .

I find it difficult to believe All Stars owners are just in it for the money etc..etc...

I think if you can afford the services of the Purdon's then you are probably well-heeled anyway and a touch more on the conservative side.

You hardly see Mark and Natalie jumping for the roof when they win a big race. Sets an example for the owners.

High expectations I suppose.

14 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

I don't know, if you win group one after group one etc good horse after good horse, it must lose the magic or thrill after a while and just become a business transaction..... Same as if you own a fantastic horse "christen me" "have faith in me" that make you millions and you sell them, then it must just be business for those kind of people when the money machine stops making money for you, you get what you can out of them. where as personally speaking I would have some attachment and duty of care for the absolute thrill of owning a champion and the great windfall it provided.

Could well be but I dont know enough about the ins and outs of the Purdon Brigade. 

I would like to think they enjoy it.

The Kennards Love Winning races and you often see them on camera ecstatic after winning a race, and not just the big races either.

11 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I find it difficult to believe All Stars owners are just in it for the money etc..etc...

I think if you can afford the services of the Purdon's then you are probably well-heeled anyway and a touch more on the conservative side.

You hardly see Mark and Natalie jumping for the roof when they win a big race. Sets an example for the owners.

High expectations I suppose.

Can some people celebrate on the inside ?

14 hours ago, Portfolio said:

I am waiting for an All Star owner to look rapt on telly, jump up, cart wheels, singing and shout the bar. 

Sadly, they all look the most boring fart owners I have seen. I have celebrated more coming last!

Check on yourself are you watching the wireless.

I can assure you the Kennards,Breckons Riselys and Casey are rapt winning a maiden race.

Does your statement arise from envy?

Guest Hunterthenutter
6 minutes ago, Lee270744 said:

I can assure you the Kennards,Breckons Riselys and Casey are rapt winning a maiden race.

all stars stable to write this story on there web page is just a cover up there is always truth in rumours

1 hour ago, Lee270744 said:

No Envy at all. 

You ever seen anyone going off after winning a race? The owners you mention might have a glass of red wine then off to bed! 

Probably what makes it worse is Mark Purdons stone face. 

Each to their own, but I never watch any of purdons post race interviews, boring as bat shit. 

Great trainer thou, who has plenty of owners that are loaded,which makes it easier. 

Give it 10 years, some of his rich owners are getting on, so will bring new owners on board, many will want to be involved to be entertained.

19 hours ago, richie said:

Of course they a business.Any professional trainer that not running it as a business these days surely not worth a pinch of salt.Just like all professional sports racing is a business.I liken the All Stars to the All Blacks.

It is up to other teams to find ways to compete with them.

Stop trying to talk sense  Richie, youll upset the anti All Stars brigade and judging by the replies on here there are plenty of them . They obviously lust for the old days when everyone had a turn and probably vote Labour:D

16 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

Stop trying to talk sense  Richie, youll upset the anti All Stars brigade and judging by the replies on here there are plenty of them . They obviously lust for the old days when everyone had a turn and probably vote Labour:D

Red Team current victors.

18 minutes ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

Red Team current victors.

Haha, very good, im a Blue man myself as there's something about being the best and winning that appeals to me. MP and NR wont be lowering their standards any time soon as they have worked too hard to get to the top. I suspect and am reading a lot of envious posts on this thread but then that's what you get from some people in all walks of life

1 hour ago, Portfolio said:

No Envy at all. 

You ever seen anyone going off after winning a race? The owners you mention might have a glass of red wine then off to bed! 

Each to their own, but I never watch any of purdons post race interviews, boring as bat shit. 

Great trainer thou, who has plenty of owners that are loaded,which makes it easier. 

Give it 10 years, some of his rich owners are getting on, so will bring new owners on board, many will want to be involved to be entertained.

Go to their website and look at Marks face after Vincent won Auckland Cup - looks like his first big win ever.

2 hours ago, Portfolio said:

No Envy at all. 

I have seen there antics after winning races I'm sure you see them in most Harness Racing Documentaries.

His stone faces is because he thinking about the very next horse he gears up, he knows he's won (the number is usually in the frame)

I'm surprised you acknowledge he's a great trainer.

Give it 10 years most people will be older, do you think they will be sick of winning.

The jury is still out on your first answer.

Guest Hunterthenutter
7 hours ago, Lee270744 said:

I have seen there antics after winning races I'm sure you see them in most Harness Racing Documentaries.

His stone faces is because he thinking about the very next horse he gears up, he knows he's won (the number is usually in the frame)

I'm surprised you acknowledge he's a great trainer.

Give it 10 years most people will be older, do you think they will be sick of winning.

The jury is still out on your first answer.

stable hands gear up his horses has lot of them well stone face that's guilt blue army owners look like dads army lol

3 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Be nice to hear from the ardent supporters of the blue army give their views on the original post in a bit detail, especially the person who put it up.

Why?

The supporters, which I am one, all agree with the post.

Its much more interesting reading all the Anti All Stars posters trying to find ways to pull the stable to bits and try and justify their dislike of successful harness people. Sometimes I wonder why they even bother to watch harness racing and how they manage to get any enjoyment out of it.