RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Brown Fox

Thames

Stubborness, plain and simple. There was no way that meeting was ever going to be completed on a Good 3, tight turning track, with the rain radar showing nowhere to hide.

The club officials needs a good public kicking.

Just now, Catalano said:

Stubborness, plain and simple. There was no way that meeting was ever going to be completed on a Good 3, tight turning track, with the rain radar showing nowhere to hide.

The club officials needs a good public kicking.

Absolutely agree, those who decided to press ahead regardless need to be held to account. They could have made the call for Sunday early on.

Victorian meetings this Saturday have been postponed to Sunday due to temps forecast.

From a punters view, I am pissed off. Had a bet in the 2nd race, slipping all over the show, yet goes great race. 

So, they say jockeys in first race had no problems? Oh dear, wake up tossers, it was a 4 horse distance race, hardly going to be a speed duel in that. 

They must have known, if they had doubts before first race, 2nd race there could be an issue? Did they look at track before 2nd race? NO.

Utter bullshit, no more nz racing betting for me, they can get stuffed.

As a bystander watching from the harness code, could someone succinctly tell me what is going on all these abandonments? Is it the current condition of the tracks?  preparation of tracks? Officialdom or a change in rainfall patterns?

Never seemed to happen, now it seems to be all the time. Man, it must be frustrating.

Genuine question.

I mean if you were the NZRB or NZTR or whoever runs NZ racing, after 2017 wouldn't you have made reducing the number of meetings abandoned your absolute number one priority? Especially meetings abandoned after one or two races like Waikouiti on Jan 1 and Thames today, because they must be especially brutal on trainers, jockeys etc who are already under I can't imagine how much pressure to survive let alone make a decent living in the current cluster****. So given that, how is it possible that four of the first five meetings of 2018 have been abandoned? Can someone explain to me how this is ok? 

1 minute ago, Phantom said:

how is it possible that four of the first five meetings of 2018 have been abandoned? Can someone explain to me how this is ok? 

Really? :o That is an appalling statistic.

Unless something is clearly being done to fix this major problem, somebody might need to lose their job as it seems from my limited knowledge to be an ongoing saga. That is not acceptable in any situation. There must be seriously angry people in the galloping world.

Speechless.

4 minutes ago, Phantom said:

Phantombet.co.nz odds on tomorrow's meeting at Omakau being abandoned before all races are run:

YES 1.87

NO 1.87

Omakau was Dead 4 this morning - a little more rain this evening and it should be dead 4 tomorrow - so long as the wet patch has dried by now (it really should have) then it should be good to go even with a little rain on the day

Just now, Tailedoff said:

Omakau was DEad 4 this morning - a little more rain this evening and it should be dean 4 tomorrow - so long as the wet patch has dried by now (it really should have) then it should be good to go even with a little rain on the day

I hope so for your sake (and Rumpole's lol)

1 minute ago, Fartoomuch said:

Of greater concern to John Allen must be the loss of potential revenue from all these abandonment's. While their is an immediate offset in terms of stakes paid out  industry participants must be both fuming and hurting financially

They don't care that's the whole problem. NZ racing has become irrelevant in the big picture.

4 minutes ago, Phantom said:

I hope so for your sake (and Rumpole's lol)

Geez I am so sick  2 races today  I am so so depressed

NO races at Omakau  I have an addiction to races and race meetings

It was bad enough losing race 10 at Ellerslie and all but one at Waikouaiti

Tomorrow there is Omakau again and Otaki..if the heavy rain predicted arrives Otaki will be in danger

AND spare a thought for jockey C W Johnson.. he has never ever ridden at Thames before

he gets there  somehow on time     he has 2 rides and now he has to somehow find his way to Omakau,   then Awapuni, then Greymouth

just as well he wasn't booked for Otaki

6 minutes ago, rumpole said:

Geez I am so sick  2 races today  I am so so depressed

NO races at Omakau  I have an addiction to races and race meetings

It was bad enough losing race 10 at Ellerslie and all but one at Waikouaiti

Tomorrow there is Omakau again and Otaki..if the heavy rain predicted arrives Otaki will be in danger

AND spare a thought for jockey C W Johnson.. he has never ever ridden at Thames before

he gets there  somehow on time     he has 2 rides and now he has to somehow find his way to Omakau,   then Awapuni, then Greymouth

just as well he wasn't booked for Otaki

Im sure he's got his flight schedule (and probably ferry schedule on Saturday night) worked out.......hes fully booked every meeting

7 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

I wonder if people paid to get into Thames, because surely under all sorts of fair trading laws that meeting was always suspect and not fit for purpose. People should be able to demand refunds.

Especially when according to Brown Fox's early posts on this thread there were some who wanted the meeting postponed yesterday, which would have saved the travel expenses of all the jockeys and trainers etc who turned up today for nothing

31 minutes ago, Phantom said:

Especially when according to Brown Fox's early posts on this thread there were some who wanted the meeting postponed yesterday, which would have saved the travel expenses of all the jockeys and trainers etc who turned up today for nothing

It does make you wonder why they risk riders and horses to deem a track unsafe as surely by now firm dry track and rain don't work but still they are prepared to risk riders and horses to confirm it.