RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Fartoomuch

Oh Bevin. Do your homework

Bevins just had another nightmare interview. This time it was Alan Sharock re Kawi and his upcoming.program. 

So Allan the Telegraph is his major near term target. Yes Bevin. Any chance he could back up in the Thornton. No Bevin as they are on the same day!!

Game set match big red

You actually raise a good point, as of course Wgtn has changed around their programming for Cup Week. To me it seems a bit strange that  a club that is trying to champion a 3,200m race has dropped both of the other staying races on the day, and apart from the Cup there is no race further than 1,600m. Where do they expect next year's Cup horses to come from?

Last year there was a rating 65 2,300m with 18 starters and a rating 85 2,400m with ten starters. This year for some reason they just have a bunch of 1,400m and 1,600m races. Last year one of them only had nine starters. Even on the first day there is only the 2,100 WFA race and a rating 65 over 2,100, so no opportunites for rating 70 or 80 type horses. I thought it would create some interest if there was a rating 80 stayers race on the first day for horses trying to earn a start in the Cup, but what do I know.

I am wondering if they are scared of having a race start in front of the crowd. Whatever their reasoning, it is hardly the way to encourage stayers. It's a bit like Riccarton who have numerous meetings with no races further than 1,800m, and then this week Kurow has to scrap two of their staying races. The clubs have only themselves to blame for the lack of stayers available for feature races

2 minutes ago, barryb said:

i am at Pukekura and I have never seen a crowd this size before. The perving is fantastic

Look but dont touch Baz...LOL.

Yeah the Mrs dragged me round Napier yesterday, Boxing day sales. Never seen so many young hotties. (thought there was a cruise ship in Dock)...

But Nah...they just like to spend and party.

Looking forward to New Years Day at Hastings !

On 27/12/2017 at 6:41 PM, Insider said:

The problem is the fucked Up Wellington Cup Carnival caused by the moving of the Karaka Millions Races from the Sunday to the Saturday!

YOU CANT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS!

Auckland and their crap track (yesterday and many others) win out yet again. 

That's why everyone has moved to Cambridge love.

On 27/12/2017 at 6:41 PM, Insider said:

The problem is the fucked Up Wellington Cup Carnival caused by the moving of the Karaka Millions Races from the Sunday to the Saturday!

I know that you are a fan/lover of trentham but isnt it suited to the condensed 2 day carnival?, the last day this year with the Thorndon was very average and only poorly attended (shocking for a G1 day) and the poor track was tired (trentham shoudnt have picked up that extra date from AWapuni in early jan?)

2 great saturdays has to suit doesnt it? Instead of a spread out 3 saturdays?, it was great with 2 saturdays and the public day monday though to be fair IMO

9 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

Just off the top of my head I think they have three saturdays this year as well, but the third one is extremely low key.

Correct, thanks for that.

Have rightfully taken the Thorndon away from the nothing Saturday and added it to the middle day were it used to belong.

9 hours ago, poundforpound said:

I wasn’t suggesting permanent, just better raceday stabling facilities as the current barn is run down and a bit dodgy 

I was told one of Nigel Tileys got badly hurt last week when taken there for a gallop, apparently got it,s leg over the pipe rail

On 12/27/2017 at 6:41 PM, Insider said:

Liz - looks like the ooozy wooozy Wellington weather gods got them today ;)

image.png

On 12/30/2017 at 8:04 AM, poundforpound said:

The Wellington Racing club is getting exactly what it deserves, due largely to years of dreadful management.

You need only look at the way the WRC has handled their real estate, their neglect of their assets, lack of repairs and maintenance, and their inability to understand what constitutes a good safe track.

Ellerslie is strong because they’ve managed their affairs and business interests well, however I do concur with your sentiments about the quality of the Ellerslie track and I cannot understand why a cash rich club ( said to have 40 million cash in the bank with another 10 due from Peach Parade sales ) doesn’t do the “right thing” and close for a year, put in a Strathayr and polytrack, excavate the inner and build new horse accommodation etc there, and generally bring that facility up to world class standards ( from a horse racing / media perspective ).

Sir Walter Norwood would be rocking in his grave if he knew the state of it now.