RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
ivanthegreat

ROTORUA RACE 1

Favorite  REDCAYENNE was flattened by winner Miss Rippy yet nothing said OR done.

George Simon made mention both in the commentary and post race comments , Trackside  camera's re-run the incident numerous times from different angles and more importantly the punters get farked big time.

What do we have stipes and Stewards for ?

Even if there is deemed to be little impact on the result ..................the result should have been held up while the review took place.

What I saw was a horse Miss Ripley moving up outside the favourite and as they turned for home moved from 5 wide to 3 wide and scuttling Redcayenne.

Would the result been different I think it would have.................... you can all have your say now.

In Aussie they must be laughing at our amateurish reaction to this sort of thing............... the offending rider would have phoned to get 2 1st Class tickets to Paris for 10 weeks before the stipes got hold of this.. 

It gets worse! D. Johnson gets off with merely a warning! Prastiyou and Colgan get suspended!

How could you possibly not consider Johnson's riding worthy of suspension? The mown strips blatantly shows how much ground she is shifting. 

And the amount of interference in NZ racing has become pandemic. The RIU really needs to lift their game in policing careless riding AND poor rides in general.

It looked to me Thornton didn’t corner that well which didn’t help prastiyou, there’s no doubt Johnson’s horse moved in but the major influence was the abrupt movement from the inside. Red cayenne was the worst culprit interfering with the tiring horse trying to get out in the first place. Bosson covered Rosie Myers with a similar move at Riccarton during their carnival but did so with slightly more advantage, and you see plenty of cases with swoopers at mooney valley , if rippy  had been the only contribution there would of been solid grounds for protest but obviously the margin of victory made this case almost unworthy of consideration given the circumstances.All and all an ugly performance by all involved but if you want to get buried and ride for luck on certs  shit can happen. 

December 6 Pukekohe the stipes report has no mention of flourishing being checked at the end of the back straight when looking to run up the inside of Sam collett on roc n gold ,after missing the jump due to a fractious horse in two this check was very significant and then of course wiped out by McKay on the turn. 1600 a touch to far today at New Plymouth but gave at sight at 10s tote.Stipes reports can’t be perfect but how could you miss obvious signifant interference???

10 hours ago, Gruff said:

December 6 Pukekohe the stipes report has no mention of flourishing being checked at the end of the back straight when looking to run up the inside of Sam collett on roc n gold ,after missing the jump due to a fractious horse in two this check was very significant and then of course wiped out by McKay on the turn. 1600 a touch to far today at New Plymouth but gave at sight at 10s tote.Stipes reports can’t be perfect but how could you miss obvious signifant interference???

Spot on Gruff.

My preview of that race yesterday:

R5    FLOURISHING   $6.50FF

Forget she went around on debut as she blew the start, got checked at the 1000m and came very wide turning in. It was actually a good run as she was a mile off the leaders early on. With a clean beginning today watch for a form reversal.

11 hours ago, berzerk said:

It gets worse! D. Johnson gets off with merely a warning! Prastiyou and Colgan get suspended!

How could you possibly not consider Johnson's riding worthy of suspension? The mown strips blatantly shows how much ground she is shifting. 

And the amount of interference in NZ racing has become pandemic. The RIU really needs to lift their game in policing careless riding AND poor rides in general.

I think the reason we have so much interference in a lot of racing now purely comes down to tempo.

As we know, the vast majority of NZ gallop race are just a sit and sprint affair and it seems nobody wakes up until the 400m mark then everybody tries to go.

There is the initial bustle out of the gates, everyone finds their spot and is content to stay there until the home straight, it would be interesting  if you asked Jake Bayliss or Patrick Moloney who have been riding here lately about the differences they have noted in the way the races are run over here.

My argument here is not promotion/relegation, but the fact that stewards are missing a lot of interference, which of course then goes unpunished. Poor rides are not questioned either.

For punters to have any confidence there must be clean racing, and a level of consistency in riding. NZ currently falls well short on both measures.

14 minutes ago, berzerk said:

My argument here is not promotion/relegation, but the fact that stewards are missing a lot of interference, which of course then goes unpunished. Poor rides are not questioned either.

For punters to have any confidence there must be clean racing, and a level of consistency in riding. NZ currently falls well short on both measures.

And there in lies a possible answer as to why punters are dropping off betting on NZ racing. No confidence in stewards. Why are they missing the interference? Why dont they have the guts to rub out them out for a poor ride and/or one lacking in professional judgement?  An owner just doesn’t have the options here in NZ to just forget the bad ride.  

It leaves so much to question...so I won’t go there....all in all why would anyone want to race here.....we must be mad! 

La Zip onto it  - havent had a bet in nz for years  _  the racing is a joke, tracks poor, riding ability shocking in the south island (just watch Timaru today), track bias on most northern  tracks all going around in front of blind stipes.....why bother .... aussie aint perfect but you have half a chance

Memo jockey knockers and stipendiary steward baggers. Cut them some slack in the New Year! I am bemused by the number of instant expert keyboard warriors who have never ridden a horse think they know best! I backed Redcayenne. My verdict Vinnie victim of circumstances. Danielle rode one I have a share in later in the day. Rode it to perfection. Ran second beaten a head. She gave it every chance. Beaten by a better one on the day!