RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

Punter puts 40k on Vincent in Auckland Cup?????

8 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

That is a lot. I have questions for you as interested.

Are they mainly betting on the gallops? Aussie?

A rebate of $20 000 odd is still tiny to compared to the amount lost so, in NZ, there are some punters who have floats of millions?

Why don't they bet offshore since the odds and enticements are so much better? It is often mentioned on here that the TAB sucks and the glory is offshore.

How can someone like Brodie be restricted to putting on and winning such low amounts when people can bet around $500 000 a month? The $500 000 punters wouldn't last long if they were losing surely so it would mean they are winning... so why are they not restricted?

How much do you have to bet to come to the attention of the TAB?

My ignorance may be on show, but very interested as I say.

No one has ever been restricted from betting on the tote. With tote rebates it doesn't matter if you had a winning or losing month you get 5% of your turnover back. 

Most of us on here are aware if you want to bet into a 100-105% market you use betfair. If you want to be able to lay off for a small profit you use betfair. If you want to lay a horse you think is unders you use betfair. If you want to bet sports in play you definitely use betfair. 

NZ TAB is no different to the majority of overseas bookies, and as much as Brodie complains like a little girl with no alternatives, fact of the matter is he's just lazy. 

People can be unlimited through the tote. People do get restricted on FOB so they can only win a certain amount. NZ TAB are way more lenient than other agencies e.g. 365. Sportsbet luxbet who will virtually cut you off after a big win. I believe about 100k turnover a year to get to the lowest elite level.

On 12/24/2017 at 3:06 PM, Brodie said:

Gary, you would risk 20k to win 2k?

Would be better to fly to Vegas and put it on Black or Red!

At least you will double it rather than 10per cent!

Thing is that with theBank he is guaranteed to get his 20k back whereas yes he probably is a near certain but things can happen from a standing start and over 2miles.

Each to their own way of making money, but think it is not worth the effort, and even the $1.65 is not worth the risk either.

Well said but each to their own Hope wins

47 minutes ago, BackPoonDrinkGoon said:

No one has ever been restricted from betting on the tote.

So the big punters are tote punters and are only interested in big races with big pools? Hence,  a punter and his maiden pace at Rangiora brings too much attention to himself?

48 minutes ago, BackPoonDrinkGoon said:

Most of us on here are aware if you want to bet into a 100-105% market you use betfair. If you want to be able to lay off for a small profit you use betfair. If you want to lay a horse you think is unders you use betfair. If you want to bet sports in play you definitely use betfair. 

So the biggest punters use a variety of agencies? They must bet a helluva lot to keep the various agencies happy. Are the days of having a 'steel balls' gone?

So BPDG, you are obviously a betfair man but what would lead you to use the TAB? (this may be a dumb question)

22 minutes ago, Dockers said:

I believe about 100k turnover a year to get to the lowest elite level.

How many would be in this bracket in NZ? Do they know each other from being invited to events or is it all cloak and dagger stuff?

How many levels of elite are there?

53 minutes ago, BackPoonDrinkGoon said:

With tote rebates it doesn't matter if you had a winning or losing month you get 5% of your turnover back. 

Really! Nice, if you are winning.

Very interesting fellas, sorry for asking so many questions.

5 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

So the big punters are tote punters and are only interested in big races with big pools? Hence,  a punter and his maiden pace at Rangiora brings too much attention to himself?

So the biggest punters use a variety of agencies? They must bet a helluva lot to keep the various agencies happy. Are the days of having a 'steel balls' gone?

So BPDG, you are obviously a betfair man but what would lead you to use the TAB? (this may be a dumb question)

How many would be in this bracket in NZ? Do they know each other from being invited to events or is it all cloak and dagger stuff?

How many levels of elite are there?

Really! Nice, if you are winning.

Very interesting fellas, sorry for asking so many questions.

There are big punters who never bet on the tote that do make profit as well, I think you've been brainwashed a bit too much by that mythical creature named Brodie who has been told 100079 times how to get around a restriction yet still bleats on about it. 

There's a big difference between a maiden trot at forbury and a race where all the form is practically exposed ( Vincent's race on NYE ). The Brodster also bleats on about how watching the all stars dominating is boring and that no one can make money off a $1.60 fav, he's wrong. 

You'd be silly if you were a large punter and didn't have multiple accounts for certain circumstances. I mainly use the NZTAB / betfair. Why the NZTAB? It's easy, rebates, I can bet fixed odds the day before / early in the morning if I think I'm getting overs ( can't do that on betfair ), i can get my winning's back instantly, I can also use an agency if needed. 

Fairly certain there's atleast a couple thousand elite customers, potentially more. There's a range of levels depending on your turnover but we are still waiting to hear back from Brodie to see what elite tier he is ( since he admitted he's an elite ) before saying any more information. 

2 hours ago, Dockers said:

You are totally wrong again Brodie. Plenty of customers return profit on combined tote and fob platforms and because of their turnover get invited to plenty of events as you would know since you are Elite.

Don’t bet on tote Mr Dockers!! 

1 hour ago, BackPoonDrinkGoon said:

No one has ever been restricted from betting on the tote. With tote rebates it doesn't matter if you had a winning or losing month you get 5% of your turnover back. 

NZ TAB is no different to the majority of overseas bookies, and as much as Brodie complains like a little girl with no alternatives, fact of the matter is he's just lazy. 

Of course no one gets restricted on the tote, not exactly rocket science.

I never bet tote nowadays as the amount I would put on would make the divs. Not worth the effort, hence the fixed odds.

I have never been invited to any event whatsoever even though I turn over a large amount.

Truth is that if you bet  fixed and are winning you get severely restricted and not liked by the TAB, and not encouraged to invest with them.

Losing punters and tote betters do get invited to events and looked after because they want to retain them.

I have been stopped from betting on harness in Oz by several betting agencies.

2 minutes ago, Brodie said:

I never bet tote nowadays as the amount ain’t would put,on would make the divs. Not worth the effort, hence the fixed odds.

I have never been invited to any event whatsoever even though I used to turn over quite a large amount.

Truth is that if you bet  fixed and are winning you get severely restricted and not liked by the TAB!

Losing punters and tote betters do get invited to events and looked after because they want to retain them.

No Betfair available on PlanetBrod.

Just now, Brodie said:

I never bet tote nowadays as the amount ain’t would put,on would make the divs. Not worth the effort, hence the fixed odds.

I have never been invited to any event whatsoever even though I used to turn over quite a large amount.

Truth is that if you bet  fixed and are winning you get severely restricted and not liked by the TAB!

Brodie don't forget we had to explain to you what market % meant when you first joined racecafe, some would say that's not exactly rocket science either. 

You claimed in this thread you were an elite customer, you quite obviously aren't tho. You mythical creature you. 

6 minutes ago, Dockers said:

So if something is paying $2.80 fixed and $4 on the tote you in your wisdom would take the $2.80 ?. Smart man 

Dockers, what part of If a horse is paying $4 on the tote and you want to put say $1000 on it won’t shorten it to bugger all!!!! !

I turn over your 

$100,000 lowest level elite, many many times over Dockers, but no invites whatsoever, so you are wrong!

Brodie if you are Elite which you have said you are you just need to click on elite button and go to events and you can go to any of there events that are there. I wonder about you and your cedibility. I think you overstate your true punting ability and the money you actually spend. Can anyone on this entire forum vouch for your incredible ability and phenomenal strike rate. To put that much fear through several different agencies in Australia is incredible in itself. Any chance of letting us all in on Powerball next draw champ ?

4 minutes ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

Could they have seen you performing on here ?

Couldnt care less Kotare!

Dont punt for the money nowadays, it is more because of the unfairness of the fact that punters are treated differently.

Make money and they restrict you severely, lose money and they seem to want to invite you to events!!

The restrictions and low opening odds make it more difficult to make money on the punt, but it gives me something to do as otherwise I would become bored and probably spend more time on here talking to bloggers that aren’t aware of all the facts!

11 minutes ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

I am keen to see what they replaced the Brodsters Elite Button with.

Anyone prepared to hazard a guess ?

You are hilarious Kotare!

Waste Of time commenting when you have “know alls” that defend the actions of the TAB as if they are spokespeople for them!

Perhaps they are?

26 minutes ago, tonkatime said:

I find that statement a bit tricky to reconcile with your statements in previous threads about not being able to get a four figure bet on. 

I find it extremely hard to reconcile the fact that NZ punters are not able to get bets on that net more than $1000!!!!!  !

To qualify for the so-called rebates do you have to be betting on the tote?

If so then I don’t qualify and I wouldn’t want to either, if it means you need to be losing money to get a rebate.

100k per year is only 2k per week which is easily met!

Do not doubt “The Brodster” or put your money where your mouth is and I will prove it!!!!