RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

Punter puts 40k on Vincent in Auckland Cup?????

26 minutes ago, Brodie said:

You don’t seem to be up to date on the rules of good investing!

There is no way that putting $20k on a standing start race over 2 miles with other good horses in it prior to the draw being made is good investing to net $2k!!!!  

So you are telling me in the last 3 years you have never had a losing month. ? I find that hard to believe.

28 minutes ago, Brodie said:

You don’t seem to be up to date on the rules of good investing!

There is no way that putting $20k on a standing start race over 2 miles with other good horses in it prior to the draw being made is good investing to net $2k!!!!  

really if it comes out and draws and ace barrier what odds then

43 minutes ago, Dockers said:

So you are telling me in the last 3 years you have never had a losing month. ? I find that hard to believe.

That would be correct Dockers!

If you have a losing month on fixed odds you get a rebate?

43 minutes ago, gary1 said:

really if it comes out and draws and ace barrier what odds then

One would probably be the worst draw for it!

I have not said that it won’t win, but I would be pretty confident to say that a punter that is willing to offload 20k from a standing start race, with other good horses involved to win $2k is not a great investor!

The TAB only takes large amounts from losing punters, end of storey!

1 minute ago, Brodie said:

I have not said that it won’t win, but I would be pretty confident to say that a punter that is willing to offload 20k from a standing start race, with other good horses involved to win $2k is not a great investor!

I wonder if that same punter actually reads some of the opinions on here. Probably not, and I am sure he hasn't asked your advise Brods on wise investment. Without actually knowing who it was it is complete conjecture on your part to second guess his/ her motive. This isn't to say you dont have some expertise in this realm but each to his own.

6 minutes ago, Brodie said:

do they         i find that comment a load of bollocks now end of STORY

13 minutes ago, Dockers said:

I'M calling total BS there. No one can win every month over a 3 year period. Did you find a sports almanac in your time machine Marty Mcfly ?

Be careful there Dockers.

The Brodster will surely have evidence to back up his claim outrageous as it seems.

Watch this space.

44 minutes ago, gary1 said:

do they         i find that comment a load of bollocks now end of STORY

Gary, the TAB does not take large amounts from punters that have a winning history!

Merry Xmas anyway, and good punting.

49 minutes ago, Dockers said:

I'M calling total BS there. No one can win every month over a 3 year period. Did you find a sports almanac in your time machine Marty Mcfly ?

Dockers, you are correct that I haven’t  won every month over the last 3 years!

It is much longer than that but anyway, nothing to prove to anyone on Here anyway.

It is Xmas and hope everyone has an enjoyable day!

Fair enough bet for the unknown punter. If they have that sort of cash then it is up to them but the place bet is a large risk for a small return.

Personally, I would have waited until closer to the race, maybe even race day, as I would be fearful of injury or a cold. If the odds were gone come race day then so be it.

As for the rebate thing, I never knew that, but helps explains a lot of those crazy large bets announced on the maiden trot at Motukarara on a dead track. Must be comforting to know if you lose a lot you will get a fraction back. Is that responsible gambling??

Losers always get looked after, such is the way of the life.

10 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Fair enough bet for the unknown punter. If they have that sort of cash then it is up to them but the place bet is a large risk for a small return.

Personally, I would have waited until closer to the race, maybe even race day, as I would be fearful of injury or a cold. If the odds were gone come race day then so be it.

As for the rebate thing, I never knew that, but helps explains a lot of those crazy large bets announced on the maiden trot at Motukarara on a dead track. Must be comforting to know if you lose a lot you will get a fraction back. Is that responsible gambling??

Losers always get looked after, such is the way of the life.

It's only 5 % of net losses so pittance really

Elites have a designated person assigned to you. So if spend over 10k a month and lose you automatically get a refund. E.g. lose 5k get $250 back in your account on the 1st of each month. There are also turnover rebates on totes depending on turnover. 

3 hours ago, Dockers said:

No nothing like that.  Just events depending on their level. E.g. racedays and nines etc

Dockers, you will only be invited to those events if you are losing money.

If you make money they want to lose you and are not treated as ELITE punters at all!!!

3 hours ago, Dockers said:

Elites have a designated person assigned to you. So if spend over 10k a month and lose you automatically get a refund. E.g. lose 5k get $250 back in your account on the 1st of each month. There are also turnover rebates on totes depending on turnover. 

Makes me laugh about nz tab so called elite customers. Crownbet pay Vic tote (nz tote) +5% on win/place. Crownbet will also give you 40,000 bonus points ($400) for this bet. You get this when you place bet, if it wins or not. 

So as you can see, these so called elite customers are getting well and truly shafted. They just like the ELITE title.

So, lose $5 k get back $250 with the tab??? Woopee, chances are if you bet elsewhere and back same horses, you could have been in front, with a whole swag of bonus points.

20 minutes ago, Portfolio said:

Makes me laugh about nz tab so called elite customers. Crownbet pay Vic tote (nz tote) +5% on win/place. Crownbet will also give you 40,000 bonus points ($400) for this bet. You get this when you place bet, if it wins or not. 

So as you can see, these so called elite customers are getting well and truly shafted. They just like the ELITE title.

So, lose $5 k get back $250 with the tab??? Woopee, chances are if you bet elsewhere and back same horses, you could have been in front, with a whole swag of bonus points.

That's for the FOB rebate, there's tote rebates / owners + / elite events. 

Brodie what elite tier are you ?

49 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Dockers, you will only be invited to those events if you are losing money.

If you make money they want to lose you and are not treated as ELITE punters at all!!!

You are totally wrong again Brodie. Plenty of customers return profit on combined tote and fob platforms and because of their turnover get invited to plenty of events as you would know since you are Elite.

28 minutes ago, Portfolio said:

Agree mate. But some heavy punters on tote get up to 5% rebate on there total turnover through their account. So if you are turning over huge amounts say 500k a month which there are a few you would get a rebate of say up.to 20 to 25k . 

39 minutes ago, Dockers said:

500k a month

That is a lot. I have questions for you as interested.

Are they mainly betting on the gallops? Aussie?

A rebate of $20 000 odd is still tiny to compared to the amount lost so, in NZ, there are some punters who have floats of millions?

Why don't they bet offshore since the odds and enticements are so much better? It is often mentioned on here that the TAB sucks and the glory is offshore.

How can someone like Brodie be restricted to putting on and winning such low amounts when people can bet around $500 000 a month? The $500 000 punters wouldn't last long if they were losing surely so it would mean they are winning... so why are they not restricted?

How much do you have to bet to come to the attention of the TAB?

My ignorance may be on show, but very interested as I say.