RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Emotive

Looking To The Future

8 minutes ago, gary1 said:

i think everyone does try i think a good start would for all aussie owned dogs be sent back to be rehomed

It's my understanding that the import passport fee covers the rehoming of all Au dogs. Many do go back to Au, some to retire, some for breeding purposes. But your idea has merit. A fee should also be attached to al NZ breds. This fee should be payable for each live birth when first registered. If for example, you were to breed 300 pups, then as the breeder that rehoming fee should be your responsibility regardless of whether a dog makes it to retirement or not. The income generated could then be used to employ more rehomers for instance.

39 minutes ago, Emotive said:

It's my understanding that the import passport fee covers the rehoming of all Au dogs. Many do go back to Au, some to retire, some for breeding purposes. But your idea has merit. A fee should also be attached to al NZ breds. This fee should be payable for each live birth when first registered. If for example, you were to breed 300 pups, then as the breeder that rehoming fee should be your responsibility regardless of whether a dog makes it to retirement or not. The income generated could then be used to employ more rehomers for instance.

so if they take their dog home they get part of the passport fee back

No a better idea would be for the useless NZGRA to do what they were supposed to do, that is monitor all dogs from the cradle to the grave. The useless tossers at the overstaffed, job creating under performing NZGRA touted this was going to happen years ago.

I remember the last time the shit hit the fan when the code faced a crisis much the same as the present one. That was about 6 yrs ago, and the then CEO Jim Leach being interviewed by Channel 1 news sitting in the stand at Wanganui stating all that was going to be done in regards to welfare and looking after the Greyhound. He even created new rules where it was a serious offense to put a Greyhound down without a Vet Certificate, and they were going to track all dogs. They even created a new position at the NZGRA. A Welfare Officer to oversee all this. Fast forward 6 yrs, and what do we have. I will tell you, sweet fcuk all, no tracking from cradle to the grave, Stipes reports that eliminate any mention of dead dogs, just changed because they were forced to.

I have brought up the subject of tracking dogs or lack of over the last few yrs. How hard was it for the newly created position of Welfare Officer to check the computer records of all dogs whelped or imported to certain propertys, and then target some of them by arming the equally useless RIU with a list of all these dogs along with their micro chip earbrand ID's, and go and do an audit. Any missing dogs would need to be identified as to where they are, and any dogs that have been put down a Vets Cert, or the name of the Vet so as records could be checked. If there was no satisfactory explanation for a missing dog, then charges should have been laid. To the best of my knowledge, there has never been a prosecution of a dog been put down without a Vets Cert. This tells me they have sat on their arses and done nothing in regards to tracking. There is no excuse, they have all the computer records of all dogs whelped and imported into NZ, and they had a Welfare Officer to oversee this. They have an RIU that is grossly overstaffed, so why didn't it happen.

Now we have the present CEO telling us that we all have to change. I think a better idea would be to look at his own backyard, and review just how badly they have performed from the Chairman down in serving the code, and not carrying out what Jim Leach said was going to happen sitting there in the stand at Wanganui not that long ago.

4 hours ago, Emotive said:

Ok so if they breed  1 or 300 dogs they pay a fee per dog , to go to rehoming ? When the owner decides it’s time for the dog to retire what does he or she do ? Give the dog to where he/she payed the money straight away ? So the people trying to rehome the dog have the dog and the money , what happens from there if they can’t find the dog a home ?for whatever reason ,won’t make a pet ? Injuries ? Or no one wants it ?  Do they give the dog and the money back ? 

3 hours ago, I know said:

Ok so if they breed  1 or 300 dogs they pay a fee per dog , to go to rehoming ? When the owner decides it’s time for the dog to retire what does he or she do ? Give the dog to where he/she payed the money straight away ? So the people trying to rehome the dog have the dog and the money , what happens from there if they can’t find the dog a home ?for whatever reason ,won’t make a pet ? Injuries ? Or no one wants it ?  Do they give the dog and the money back ? 

You breed it, you pay. "as the breeder that rehoming fee should be your responsibility regardless of whether a dog makes it to retirement or not." Aussie imports are charged $500, that fee is only refunded if the dog retires back to Aus. No refund if the dog stays here, or is not rehomed.

1 hour ago, Emotive said:

You breed it, you pay. "as the breeder that rehoming fee should be your responsibility regardless of whether a dog makes it to retirement or not." Aussie imports are charged $500, that fee is only refunded if the dog retires back to Aus. No refund if the dog stays here, or is not rehomed.

Nor do you get a refund if you import the dog for racing from Aus and keep the dog as a pet after it has finished racing. $500 Goes into the big pot of F’all

1 hour ago, Emotive said:

I get that and accept that . Can you please reply to the rest of my post . 

38 minutes ago, I know said:

I get that and accept that . Can you please reply to the rest of my post . 

No refund, is that what you are asking? The money goes into the rehoming fund which last year was around $400,000. That is the industry contribution to GAP and Nightrave.

No what I’m asking is what happens to the dog I breed and pay the fee. I give it to gap or the likes to find him / her a new home , if she is not going to make a pet ? Fights etc has injuries or just no one wants her ? What will they do with her ? 

2 hours ago, Emotive said:

really emotive would you send the dog back to aust ffs 500 it costs 4 times as much as that to fly back

5 minutes ago, gary1 said:

really emotive would you send the dog back to aust ffs 500 it costs 4 times as much as that to fly back

I didn't make the rules, that is how it stands now. As Houndfan stated, the money is refunded only if the dog goes back, and some do.

40 minutes ago, I know said:

No what I’m asking is what happens to the dog I breed and pay the fee. I give it to gap or the likes to find him / her a new home , if she is not going to make a pet ? Fights etc has injuries or just no one wants her ? What will they do with her ? 

What will who do with her? If the dog is rejected by GAP, then you look at the alternatives, what happens is down to the owner as it has always been. Alternatively the rule is changed to make return a condition of being allowed to race here. This would apply to all dogs owned offshore. What do you do now? Nothing has changed.

Ok fair call but if it’s not rejected ? It’s a pass but no one wants them ? Why is there a cost to the people that want them as pets ? In Oz it’s free is that right ? And no it has not always been down to the owner but it’s not my place to get into that on here as it’s wasnt my dog . 

37 minutes ago, I know said:

Ok fair call but if it’s not rejected ? It’s a pass but no one wants them ? Why is there a cost to the people that want them as pets ? In Oz it’s free is that right ? And no it has not always been down to the owner but it’s not my place to get into that on here as it’s wasnt my dog . 

If GAP accepts a dog imported or local it stays with them until a home is found. On acceptance and payment of entry fee, GAP becomes the owner. The fee that GAP charges adoptees is set by GAP, not the GRNZ.

14 minutes ago, gary1 said:

really one or two

I don't know the numbers, Gary.  I have never imported a dog, but I have rehomed a couple of imports that finished their racing with me. I do know of 6 who raced locally, 2 went back to retire with the owner, 4 went back for breeding. I presume the numbers are recorded somewhere.

15 minutes ago, Emotive said:

If GAP accepts a dog imported or local it stays with them until a home is found. On acceptance and payment of entry fee, GAP becomes the owner. The fee that GAP charges adoptees is set by GAP, not the GRNZ.

So gap has rehomed all the dogs that has passed there tests ? You say once I pay the fee the dog is no longer mine ? So I have no say ? I didn’t say GRNZ . I just asked why do the people that want to take the dog as a pet have to pay ? To give as many greyhounds good homes why not give them to the people for free ? 

49 minutes ago, I know said:

So gap has rehomed all the dogs that has passed there tests ? You say once I pay the fee the dog is no longer mine ? So I have no say ? I didn’t say GRNZ . I just asked why do the people that want to take the dog as a pet have to pay ? To give as many greyhounds good homes why not give them to the people for free ? 

That is a question you need to put to GAP.

9 hours ago, Emotive said:

That is a question you need to put to GAP.

On the form you sign at gap you have the right to take the dog back if it fails gap...i did this with piggy back as he was so used to his life here he didnt like the change to a smaller kennel he prefered the paddock he was in and is back in here.....but yes there is no refund off money and to be fair $60 is cheap to keep him for 2 weeks...