RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
J May

Forbury Today

I read the stewards report today at Forbury, specifically the judicial report.

A dog gets loose on the way to the boxes, catches the lure, and is allowed to continue to race (jumps first and wins).

Penalty - warning to handler and parade steward.

is this really fair, does the dog get an advantage over the other 7, my argument would be yes, surely more than a warning...... 

Peoples thoughts?

If this happens at Addington then the dog is an automatic scratching, as it started happening (accidentally or not) more than often.

It is an unfair advantage and the dog, in my opinion, should have been scratched.

It is ludicrous to have one rule at one track and another at a different track, for exactly the same scenario.

I can only assume it was a different stipendary steward to that who works at Addington and he made a different decision.

Ther must be consistency in regards to the rules that are not just dependant on who the stipendary steward is.

Handler saw it, starter saw it, the rest of the dogs saw it, but yeah, the stewards never....mmm

a ‘warning’ is pretty soft imo. We are quite happy to fine people for other things but this isn’t important enough obviously.

6 minutes ago, I know said:

So what you are saying is there is no intergrity ? That is interesting 

Incorrect, I am not suggesting that at all. My point is the parade steward or handler should have advised the stipe this had happened and what the process is given it is not the norm

I have seen at my local track the stipe walk with the dogs to the boxes, is this normal? Why different for different tracks, I’m asking for a standard application of the rule.

1 hour ago, mcmissile said:

If this happens at Addington then the dog is an automatic scratching, as it started happening (accidentally or not) more than often.

It is an unfair advantage and the dog, in my opinion, should have been scratched.

It is ludicrous to have one rule at one track and another at a different track, for exactly the same scenario.

I can only assume it was a different stipendary steward to that who works at Addington and he made a different decision.

Ther must be consistency in regards to the rules that are not just dependant on who the stipendary steward is.

Couldn’t agree more