RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Mardy

Justin Evans

What did people think of his effort commentating last night at Palmy Trots?.I hadn't heard of him before and have no idea who he is.But he seemed to go ok at the caper last night.

18 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Yes I thought it was matt cross when I first heard him, I thought he did really well....nice to hear a new voice, can only get better.

yes so did i, i thought he was very good  Anyone heard the fella who commentates trials in Auckland?

23 hours ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

Maybe fair.

Probably need to hear him again.

Is he an Aaron White protege ?

A Tony Lee protege actually from many years back, probably explains the enthusiastic finish to the first race :) I thought he was excellent all night, hopefully we hear a lot more of him

jeez give the guy a break. 1st day calling did a good job. no time to create his own style .I wouldnt want to work for some of you. Demand excellence or else !!!!!!!!!!! (on first day of course) Some commentators stayed too long ,great in their day but sadly enjoyed the limelight too much and refused to step down . a couple had farewell parties organised but still would not take the hint lol. Reg Clapp was one that springs to mind Syd Tonks another. in my opinion. 

This guy should just call the race and not scream down the microphone at the end of a race. Went over the top IMO.

Some awful calls there today capped off by getting the photo wrong in the last. Yes I am talking through my pocket with that one but still. You don’t here Matt Hill or Greg Miles blowing the arse out of the microphone do you.

12 hours ago, MrBigStuff said:

This guy should just call the race and not scream down the microphone at the end of a race. Went over the top IMO.

Some awful calls there today capped off by getting the photo wrong in the last. Yes I am talking through my pocket with that one but still. You don’t here Matt Hill or Greg Miles blowing the arse out of the microphone do you.

Tony Lee protege I think someone suggested.

4 hours ago, MrBigStuff said:

Again screaming down the TV at the Manawatu last night his bloke. Anyone would think every race there at Manawatu is a Group 1 the way he yells. Great callers don’t yell Justin

Easy to take pot shots from the stand as they say... I listened to his calls did not think he screamed at all...t thought he did a good job...anyway JMO.

I thought his Commentating was perfectly acceptable. Instead of moaning about the commentator, my argument would be why are we even racing at Palmerston North at all. The cost of getting the vast majority of these horses to such a remote place cannot be justified. This money would be better spent on other things. Races for this class of horse should be provided much closer to home. In these days of cutting costs a meeting in Palmerston North should be one of the first things to go. If you follow the premise of the Messara report Manawatu raceway should be the first racetrack to be sold