RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Barmer

My Halo

Have just heard one of the Ready to un auctioneers say that My Halo died at the weekend. Whatever happened and what a terrible tragedy for Edwina and Alan - they have had a bad enough run of luck with earthquake damage without this happening. I'm sure everyone will send their condolences.

Edwina told me he died within 10 minutes of serving a mare. The main artery to the aorta ruptured.

It is a sad loss to South Island breeders in particular - his 3 progeny sold were second average price by sire at the Ready to Run sales this week & he shows up regularly in the top 10 sires in Asia.

The best of his progeny are yet to be seen as Eddie & Alan bought in mares to suit his pedigree & type in the last few years, knowing which lines suited his pedigree best.

There were six My Halo runners at Cromwell last sunday for 3 winners and 2 second placings. Both staying races were won by My Halo's.

He is certainly a significant loss to the South Island breeding industry.

It will be very interesting to see what new stallion Berkley Stud find to replace him next season.

It is interesting that two of the stayers races at Cromwell were sired by him Pam. A My Halo we bred won at 2000m & his trainer said that My Halo's dam was a stayer.

We are so lucky that our mare scanned positive the week after he died, we were rapt. Let us hope that the last mare served is also pregnant. He was very popular this season as his winners were increasing steadily.

All good news Kay. She has had a positive scan.

Had heard she was yours Lynne - so pleased he got your mare pregnant - let's hope this foal is a black type winner also.

My mare at Goodwood Stud obligingly produced her Sir Percy filly at 4am yesterday as she knew I was coming to visit her at 11am. The same happened when she foaled her Golan at Goodwood, was able to see it just a few hours old also. Am well pleased with my foal, she is a cracker.

The cool sign was supposed to go after the 11am on the post. Am not very good at using these little additions. We now have an Edenwold colt and filly and a Sir Percy filly for the season.