RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Gary Sharp

Emergency Vet Care For Lani The Greyhound After Horrific Dog Attack

Lani f.k.a Mockingjay (The Craik Kennels) the greyhound was recently attacked by a pack of three Labrador X dogs and sustained horrific and life threatening injuries. She is in a stable condition but will require multiple surgeries, skin grafts and ongoing medical care and rehabilitation. Although her family have pet insurance this will only partly offset the cost of her care.

Jean is a very active member of the pet greyhound community and a passionate volunteer with the charity Greyhounds As Pets NZ. She is always the first to offer to help others and this is our chance to help her and her family in return.

Thank you for your support and generosity. It is greatly appreciated.

100% of the funds raised will go towards the cost of Lani's veterinary care, surgery and rehabilitation.

Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Can we please have no negative comments as this is a time for us greyhound family to come together.

https://givealittle.co.nz/cause/emergency-vet-care-for-lani-the-greyhound-after-ho#

Sorry if anyone is offended by the graphic nature of the pic.

Lani.jpg

Edited by Gary Sharp
Forgot to add the link & pic.

14 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Poor thing, those are pretty horrific injuries, really hope she 100%recovers.

They are pretty bad but she's hanging in there. She is getting the best care there is at VSA but there is still a long way to go.

The thing that sucks about all this is Lani is a lovely girl & wouldn't hurt a fly.

The thing that really gets up my nose about it is that the owner of the 3 dogs that did this didn't stick around to make sure she was ok or give her details.

2 hours ago, Gary Sharp said:

They are pretty bad but she's hanging in there. She is getting the best care there is at VSA but there is still a long way to go.

The thing that sucks about all this is Lani is a lovely girl & wouldn't hurt a fly.

The thing that really gets up my nose about it is that the owner of the 3 dogs that did this didn't stick around to make sure she was ok or give her details.

Garry..why would you post these photos...sure care but you need to look at yourself..you should becone a animal activist....because this is nothing to do with greyhound racing.....

1 hour ago, Hound Fan said:

Garry..why would you post these photos...sure care but you need to look at yourself..you should becone a animal activist....because this is nothing to do with greyhound racing.....

Steve

How does this have nothing to do with greyhound racing? Everyone should rally around to help this poor dog.

4 hours ago, Hound Fan said:

The photo was only to show the extent of her injuries nothing more.

I hold no bad feelings towards you Steve as I've known you for a quite a few years during my time in greyhounds & I respect that to you what I put may be taken the wrong way.

10 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

You are a nasty miserable sad old heartless person...JMHO.

Sorry Scooby but I have to agree with Steve. He is a kind hearted person who has always dived into his pockets to help a greyhound in need when asked.

I think on this occasion that it is my fault for putting up the pic of her injuries & if any of the members wish & ask me to I would be more then happy to remove the pic from the post if it is possible.

21 hours ago, Gary Sharp said:

Sorry Scooby but I have to agree with Steve. He is a kind hearted person who has always dived into his pockets to help a greyhound in need when asked.

I think on this occasion that it is my fault for putting up the pic of her injuries & if any of the members wish & ask me to I would be more then happy to remove the pic from the post if it is possible.

Agree Gary. Houndfan is far from heartless. Could be wrong but I think his point was more about nasties using the photos against the sport when they are not sport related. It's a common tactic they employ for their cause. Good on you for caring Gary and I hope Lani makes a full recovery :)

1 hour ago, Emotive said:

Agree Gary. Houndfan is far from heartless. Could be wrong but I think his point was more about nasties using the photos against the sport when they are not sport related. It's a common tactic they employ for their cause. Good on you for caring Gary and I hope Lani makes a full recovery :)

Yes that was my point and sorry if it came over different....easy for them to use these photos for the wrong reasons....and yes i hope lani makes a full recovery and my donation will be there.....as it was with sergio...