RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Gary Sharp

Dress Code

Just putting this out there to see what others think about it.

I was thinking about putting forward an option to head office & the 2 clubs that I go to about the dress code for summer.
I feel that now that the weather is getting hotter there should be a Summer Dress Code & a Winter Dress code.

The Summer Dress code would be:

Good black shorts, White shirt, good black shoes/sandles.

Also I feel that the men should also be allowed to have their Polo shirts un-tucked during summer as it gets really hot out on the track & the shirts stick to you from all the sweat.

What are other peoples thought on this?

1 hour ago, Gary Sharp said:

Just putting this out there to see what others think about it.

I was thinking about putting forward an option to head office & the 2 clubs that I go to about the dress code for summer.
I feel that now that the weather is getting hotter there should be a Summer Dress Code & a Winter Dress code.

The Summer Dress code would be:

Good black shorts, White shirt, good black shoes/sandles.

Also I feel that the men should also be allowed to have their Polo shirts un-tucked during summer as it gets really hot out on the track & the shirts stick to you from all the sweat.

What are other peoples thought on this?

Get rid of the dress code altogether and go back to Dust Coats supplied by the Club. The dress code has done nothing for turnover, and even less for the recipients, [handlers]. It has become a standover tool for the RIU  which they themselves do not abide by.

In theory, sounds easy and practical. But yeah, um, you could be opening a can of worms there Gary. I have seen the photos from the 70's, the good old stubbies hahaha. Then there is the knee length and everything in between. Some won't wear them so there will be trousers in the mix due to body image issues. Now kilts, that could up the ratings LOL. 

enhanced-buzz-wide-15634-1406883700-16.jpg

I love the idea.

Being comfortable when handling your dogs should be a must.

But in our code where sexism is still alive and the ones who make the dress code rules do not handle dogs, this will never happen.

"In theory, sounds easy and practical. But yeah, um,"   This sounds like the NZGRA.