RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Gruff

TAB Mistakes

In the market place when you make a mistake or misquote you generally pay a price, the TAB left an option open this morning on the golf (Reed-koepka)which was still live offering 2.30 for Reed who had an 8 shot lead at the time with 6 holes remaining , they are bookmakers are they not?  The bets were placed and accepted and then refunded before the round was finished??.... is this acceptable?

4 minutes ago, Gruff said:

The interesting thing here is they suspended the Reed quote but we're still accepting bets on the other two options? Really:blink:

IMG_6432.PNG

They do that all the time, if one team scores they suspend that team but will take bets on the other. 

Yep I'm with you Gruff.  Their mistake - they should suck it up and pay it out.

They seem quite inconsistent on this - sometimes they pay out on their mistakes, other times they don't.  A few years back I made some money betting on harness drivers to win a race on the card after they had already won a race.  By mistake they left the market open and kept taking bets on all drivers including those that had already won.  I fully expected them not to honour this, but they did.

1. (b)  Subject to Rules 14.9(c) and (d) if, for any reason, a bet is accepted by the Board and at the time the bet was placed, the event was resolved or at a stage where the Investor could have had an indication of the outcome, those bets may be declared Void and refunded regardless of whether or not the Investor had knowledge of the result  .

They should pay out how the punter is not setting the odds . We we aren't watching the event live the bet would be made in good faith also who's to say the TAB hasn't lengthened his odds for a short period  to entice punters ? 

I had this happen with NPC rugy when daylight saving ended in NZ and the Aussie bookmakers didnt adjust their start times hence the betting was still available for a raft of options that had already resulted. The bookmaker paid out on some bets but then refunded and voided the larger bets that I had. 

To be frank, I can see their point especially where it is a genuine mistake. As someone on this site said at the time "If you cannot lose, you cannot win"

Hi had a $50  quinella in Hong Kong last night that was sucessfull paid $25.55 on HK TOTE in NZ $2.50 I know you divide HK price by 10 so should have been $2.55 an extra $2.50 for me where does that money go?

A mate had a self service voucher that she had forgotten to collect, turned out the tab wouldn't honor it, there reason was that it was older than 6 months, and had expired, thats a shocker. Very poor.

1 minute ago, Shad said:

A mate had a self service voucher that she had forgotten to collect, turned out the tab wouldn't honor it, there reason was that it was older than 6 months, and had expired, thats a shocker. Very poor.

All just gets thrown into the TAB Christmas party fund.

1 minute ago, MS26 said:

All just gets thrown into the TAB Christmas party fund.

You be right there, not a rule i am familiar with, and i bet a few others wouldn't be, the tickets don't come with an expiry date on them.

14 minutes ago, Shad said:

It would have said expired on presentation to a self service machine but she could have lodged a claim with the help desk perhaps.

No reason they couldn't honour it if satisfied with its validity.

They never use to expire at all till a few years ago.

7 hours ago, Patiti said:

It would have said expired on presentation to a self service machine but she could have lodged a claim with the help desk perhaps.

No reason they couldn't honour it if satisfied with its validity.

They never use to expire at all till a few years ago.

Rung the help desk, no help, got the same answer, was a decent sum involved, with today's technology you would think it would be a formality, dishonesty i reckon.

On 12/4/2017 at 9:01 PM, Shad said:

Found a few tickets from Xmas period when having a tidy up.Filled out form for each ticket on the TAB claim form site and submited them .

Few days later got letter in mail saying 'past the claim date' and included a copy of the article showing the date of when it was changed to 6mths.Was in the NZ Gazette 2009.

On 12/4/2017 at 5:39 AM, Gruff said:
  1. (b)  Subject to Rules 14.9(c) and (d) if, for any reason, a bet is accepted by the Board and at the time the bet was placed, the event was resolved or at a stage where the Investor could have had an indication of the outcome, those bets may be declared Void and refunded regardless of whether or not the Investor had knowledge of the result  .

This clearly answers your question. TAB entitled to refund original bet and not pay out. Unlike the Highgate punter who was given an obvious incorrect quote but the horse still was yet to win the race.

Why do they have first four and trifecta betting in a four horse race?

That is like having win and forecast betting in a two horse race.

Why do they show the place machine turnover in a three or four horse race?

This is a nonsense.

I am becoming very concerned about the intellectual rigour of those who run our totalisator agency board.  I get the impression that they are as thick as pig's excrement, and might be twice as dangerous.

The excuse that will come is that it is computer programming problem.  I think I know as much about algol, cobol and fortran as their computer programmer knows about horse racing, and my knowledge ancient programming languages is zip zero nothing.  Sack that useless so and so.

On 12/2/2017 at 9:11 AM, Gruff said:

In the market place when you make a mistake or misquote you generally pay a price, the TAB left an option open this morning on the golf (Reed-koepka)which was still live offering 2.30 for Reed who had an 8 shot lead at the time with 6 holes remaining , they are bookmakers are they not?  The bets were placed and accepted and then refunded before the round was finished??.... is this acceptable?

No it is not but you cant do anything about it they refund end of story the mother fuckers THEY ARNT BOOKIES THEY ARE/////////////////////

On 12/5/2017 at 5:04 AM, Shad said:

Rung the help desk, no help, got the same answer, was a decent sum involved, with today's technology you would think it would be a formality, dishonesty i reckon.

yep just toerags

7 hours ago, Tauhei Notts said:

And they showed the first four turnover in a three horse race!

Would it have anything to do with early betting as yesterday there was 4 so FF would of been an option then TAB doesn't refund until after the race. The later pisses me off more they don't refund until after race on presales so can't reinvest

On 12/4/2017 at 8:51 AM, Nice Option said:

I had this happen with NPC rugy when daylight saving ended in NZ and the Aussie bookmakers didnt adjust their start times hence the betting was still available for a raft of options that had already resulted. The bookmaker paid out on some bets but then refunded and voided the larger bets that I had. 

To be frank, I can see their point especially where it is a genuine mistake. As someone on this site said at the time "If you cannot lose, you cannot win"

they should pay out, ive caught them a few times with american sports on the day light savings , they open and close options manuel , same as posting results, iv e seen a lot of wrong results posted also,keep an eye on them , they have a track recort of alot of mistakes, good when you do get them though.

2 minutes ago, brett said:

they should pay out, ive caught them a few times with american sports on the day light savings , they open and close options manuel , same as posting results, iv e seen a lot of wrong results posted also,keep an eye on them , they have a track recort of alot of mistakes, good when you do get them though.

Yeah I have had a couple of first try scorers paid out when they scored the second try. 

1 minute ago, tonkatime said:

Yeah I have had a couple of first try scorers paid out when they scored the second try. 

if you scan the sports betting page alot like i do, you can see games that have started , say ice hockey , and tab havnt for some reason closed it , so you may get a head start if you are backing total goals, even better if betting on first period betting, be careful backing head to head as say a 2 nil head start in this game is no winning lead, and you may come a guttser, i use nsw tab corp , which are pretty on to it, nz tab are fools really. good luck with it.

On 12/4/2017 at 1:46 PM, dbtab said:

Hi had a $50  quinella in Hong Kong last night that was sucessfull paid $25.55 on HK TOTE in NZ $2.50 I know you divide HK price by 10 so should have been $2.55 an extra $2.50 for me where does that money go?

i dont no if hong kong use super tab in victoria or not , or even if they co mingle , id say nz tab had there own pool for quinellas, and pot luck what they declared, your $50 might of been much of the pool , and they almost compared, when you have bet like that, have a look at how much is in that pool first, ive seen $50 winners late at night , and trifectas paying only $80 because only $180 total in pool, punter beware when you have a bet off peak, tab happy to take your money with no value in a winning bet