RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
John Clydesdale

Investigate nous

Being older, I really enjoy the substantive basis of Brian de Lore’s articles in the Informant.

I came through a communication era of challenged information, outside of conformity Brian delivers a subjective questionnaire of the figurative leaders of our state. He needs to be applauded, for he provides question marks where previously full stops prevailed.

The nature of the revelations of his articles question  whether the management of the RIB are “fit for purpose”. You can answer the questions individually because  you are impacted by that question. I would say the balance sheet says NO.

Let me put it this way, in 1996 exports for NZ wine were $60m, thoroughbreds were the same. Yes a lifetime to some, nowadays, they are looking at 1 $billion in 2018. We are lagging behind by furlongs.

We were exporting product in 1996 at $90m, this coming year maybe $106m.

I know bottles can increase in production terms, horses don’t at the same rate, but the incentives and trade input has not been the same.

What does this reflect............cannabilisation.

NZRB seems to think the same can prevail now. J Allen thinks he can grow the business from a small base, against international competition from all corners, then he is a legend in his own bathroom.

The industry needs a return to investors, be it by returns on investment or a relief for investment, then some assurance can be gained for doing so.

The plonkers in The RIB have a) no risk b)no understanding of betting and most of all c) no comprehension of how the industry in NZ works.

When you you get people with or without experience governing the show, then you will have an example like Fletchers on the share market, difference being you can sell your shares. Not us...........we just have to suck it up...........that’s why we have no say part form B de Lore.

Sad state of affairs....................

P4P has it in aces - you sow you reap - simple as - chickens have come home to roost and it ain't going to get better any time soon - IMHO even if the needed changes were made today, we are years away from righting the ills - they are on all fronts - very sad, as the racing game has become a joke, a once proud industry destroyed

22 hours ago, SMD is rife said:

RIB hasn't existed for how long? So who is the plonker now??

The RIB is just a new name for the various governing bodies that have been about since the 70s. I think the first one was the Racing Authority. Of course they are charged with governing the whole industry, including dogs and trots, so they can't be held responsible for galloping's problems.

4 hours ago, John Clydesdale said:

I think you understood the reference......clearly you are a

Never mind, perhaps next time you will manage to finish your sentence and write something coherent. You refer to the current CEO of the NZRB/TAB but then start talking about the RIB, which was a different entity to the TAB and doesn't exist today. 

3 hours ago, SMD is rife said:

Never mind, perhaps next time you will manage to finish your sentence and write something coherent. You refer to the current CEO of the NZRB/TAB but then start talking about the RIB, which was a different entity to the TAB and doesn't exist today. 

Stop being a no good troll.

Where was the South Island Racing Board member on Wednesday and Saturday....  Oh... He was on a course..... A Golf course...Clearwater to be exact... Couldn't find the time to attend 2 of the biggest days of the year at Riccarton...... Bloody disgraceful......That's what we are having to put up with....

4 hours ago, Beecee said:

Where was the South Island Racing Board member on Wednesday and Saturday....  Oh... He was on a course..... A Golf course...Clearwater to be exact... Couldn't find the time to attend 2 of the biggest days of the year at Riccarton...... Bloody disgraceful......That's what we are having to put up with....

Dear Brian, what is his name?

We can then start to shame him at ever opportunity.