RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ohokaman

Off the Track - Chris Johnson

Great to see his "kind" riding getting super results while those Collet girls are seemingly flogging the bejesus out of their mounts. Not a good look for the future of racing with the do-gooder pressure on. The horses may not be suffering too badly but it does not reflect well on the industry.   IMO.

One thing is for sure - Greg O'Connor will ask the right questions at the right time and actually let the subject do the talking. I seriously doubt whether CWJ would have done this interview with anyone else (in fact you could say that about a lot of the people he does these special docos on). Greg is by far the best at his trade.

20 hours ago, chevy86 said:

Great to see his "kind" riding getting super results while those Collet girls are seemingly flogging the bejesus out of their mounts. Not a good look for the future of racing with the do-gooder pressure on. The horses may not be suffering too badly but it does not reflect well on the industry.   IMO.

WTF are you serious?  There's plenty of other riders you could have picked on than those girls, they are superb riders

5 hours ago, awego said:

WTF are you serious?  There's plenty of other riders you could have picked on than those girls, they are superb riders

A Collett fined $600 on Wednesday at Riccarton for excessive use of the whip and obviously a slow learner as fined another $500 today at Ruakaka for excessive use of the whip! All I know is that it is not a good look and will come back to bite racing. Don't see the tolerance of it in Hong Kong and Singapore and the urging of the horses much more acceptable and dare I say the horses respond.( I do see OP copped a fine as well which is unusual when he is usually quite conservative in his action).

Guest 2Admin2
13 minutes ago, Gruff said:

put the boot in gingernuts now Poor ol CWJ, I bet he cried when he heard the news Charles Manson died today:ph34r:

You patronising prick describing CWJ as "poor old CWJ."

BTW I was disappointed to see Mugabe hang up the bridle.  Geez with his wealth and Winstons gift of the gab he might have been NZ Racing's saviour.

10 hours ago, 2Admin2 said:

You patronising prick describing CWJ as "poor old CWJ."

BTW I was disappointed to see Mugabe hang up the bridle.  Geez with his wealth and Winstons gift of the gab he might have been NZ Racing's saviour.

"Poor ol" is an expression. He wasn't describing CWJ as poor or old. If CT tipped out Winx as a good thing we would all think poor old Winx what has she done to deserve that.

Guest 2Admin2

Geez some of you are suffering from the malaise that gave us Jacinda.

CWJ has been a bit of a character all his career and has been through some tough times and out the other side more than once.  Very kind rider and gets performance from horses that others can't.

Is the story true that he rode the wrong horse down to the start and had to swap behind the barrier?

As for his teeth I'm sure Chris would be the first to admit he isn't the most handsome person to sit on a horse.

4 hours ago, 2Admin2 said:

Geez some of you are suffering from the malaise that gave us Jacinda.

CWJ has been a bit of a character all his career and has been through some tough times and out the other side more than once.  Very kind rider and gets performance from horses that others can't.

Is the story true that he rode the wrong horse down to the start and had to swap behind the barrier?

As for his teeth I'm sure Chris would be the first to admit he isn't the most handsome person to sit on a horse.

Sometimes light hearted jokes are taken way to serious.

On 11/21/2017 at 9:25 AM, 2Admin2 said:

Beauty's in the eye of the beholder .Just because you think you are gods gift to women you don't have to rub it in you prick