RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
MrBigStuff

Te Aroha - joke!

The joke of nz racing continues...Te Aroha abandoned again! a known problem course in the past! How does this keep happening you ask? Because NZ is so stakes focused and will not put money into facilities. Also because nobody will change and make the tough calls in this industry, make the radical choices and stop issuing licenses who can’t produce safe surfaces and build one decent track in the Waikato FFS

28 minutes ago, MrBigStuff said:

The joke of nz racing continues...Te Aroha abandoned again! a known problem course in the past! How does this keep happening you ask? Because NZ is so stakes focused and will not put money into facilities. Also because nobody will change and make the tough calls in this industry, make the radical choices and stop issuing licenses who can’t produce safe surfaces and build one decent track in the Waikato FFS

People are stakes focused mate because they are so farking low when costs are taken into account that no one is making a cent.

There are multiple issues that need addressing & abandoning stakes rises to support track infrastructure is robbing Peter to pay Paul. Its not one or the other, both can happen if structured correctly.

Saw this when I got home tonight and wondered what the story was? (I'm not over-familiar with the track or its history ...).

The stewards' report didn't enlighten me greatly!!: -  

Following the running of this race several riders expressed concerns that their horses had moved on the final bend
and also when pulling up. A delegation of riders, trainers, club personnel and the Racing Integrity Unit undertook an
inspection of the areas of concern following which a meeting was convened where the decision was made that the
track was unsafe to continue with the meeting being abandoned at 3.20pm. 

Lot of variable criticism on this subject and, like most, I know nothing about track preparation. I watched a lot of racing last Sunday including Aussie country racing and saw racing on hard tracks and small, turning country courses which apparently had no trouble running a meeting. We appear now to be averse to running on fast hard tracks but not only that we tend to run in knee-length grass which, if slightly moist, becomes slippery. Why are our tracks so deep in grass? Is this a major problem? I don't recall this sort of thing happening 40-50 years ago from winter bogs to summer tracks that were labelled "hard and fast". Were our track managers much more scientific way back then or are we just bloody mamby -pamby now? 

In the old days sheep were used which consolidated the surface and obviously they can't find anything to replicate this with their modern techniques. Lots of tracks have their grass too long but it probably stems from the training these track managers are getting from the top which can't be working !!

Blue, the problem is we live in the information age and everyone is a farking expert on everything with a quick google, take a look at how Admin is making a big cock of himself using google over on Gingernuts thread.

IDIOTS take for gospel half the shite they read on the net, have a look in your email inbox and see all the pricks trying to alleviate you of your hard earned.

I have had 3 today, from Netflix, Toyota, & some prick claiming I have $500 in free flights, & so on, none from genuine sites of course, but you can just imagine the Labour voters among'st us clicking on these links and happily filling out all there personal information in the quest to get something for nothing.

The information age is a disaster for many idiots, including a fair few who post on here.

24 minutes ago, turny said:

It is racing on shyte tracks - close the fcukers down - its 2017

Agree. And as for the statement about sheep on the track, get a life. You dont see sheep on tracks in Australia (probably not even a picnic track) or in Hong Kong. Those days have gone. 

Your comment shows whats wrong with racing and some of the people in it

6 minutes ago, Dwyn said:

In the old days sheep were used which consolidated the surface and obviously they can't find anything to replicate this with their modern techniques. Lots of tracks have their grass too long but it probably stems from the training these track managers are getting from the top which can't be working !!

Also the bloke who has been looking after te aroha has done so for a very long time...clearly its because the surface has never been renovated...properly!!! Like they do at a Flemington and MV on a regular basis, i know they have big budgets but they do it properly!!

7 minutes ago, MrBigStuff said:

Agree. And as for the statement about sheep on the track, get a life. You dont see sheep on tracks in Australia (probably not even a picnic track) or in Hong Kong. Those days have gone. 

Your comment shows whats wrong with racing and some of the people in it

Maybe those days have gone and you won't ever see sheep on tracks again, but the tracks weren't the problem back then that they are now. Still think the problem comes from the training at the top. Having the correct people in the right positions is key to racing going forward.  

I enjoy reading all the bullshit that is written about tracks around NZ, there seems to be a hell of alot of experts. But I have to ask some questions. Has anyone on here been a racecourse manager?, worked on a racecourse  , or even put there hand up and gone down to there local racecourse and offered a hand ? if you answered NO well get out from behind your computer keyboards and go down to your local track and see the pressure that track managers have to deal with.. because its bullshit comments and threads like this that are killing racing in NZ , who in there right mind wants get out bed in the morning and deal with it, everyone is great at pointing out everyones f#*k ups but never does anyone say good job when they get it right ..

8 minutes ago, upandcoming said:

I enjoy reading all the bullshit that is written about tracks around NZ, there seems to be a hell of alot of experts. But I have to ask some questions. Has anyone on here been a racecourse manager?, worked on a racecourse  , or even put there hand up and gone down to there local racecourse and offered a hand ? if you answered NO well get out from behind your computer keyboards and go down to your local track and see the pressure that track managers have to deal with.. because its bullshit comments and threads like this that are killing racing in NZ , who in there right mind wants get out bed in the morning and deal with it, everyone is great at pointing out everyones f#*k ups but never does anyone say good job when they get it right ..

And which track do you manage ?

2 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Ask Ted :) 

Exactly.

Mr Big Stuff you have to be one of the most negative people that post here. can't recall one positive post from you. Perhaps we should chip in for an optrectomy operation for you. That is where they sever the cord connecting your eyeballs to your rectum getting rid of your shitty outlook on life. :)

Racing started today in nice warm sunny conditions on a perfect Good 3 track(I will come back to that). Following R3 the mercury dropped considerable and black threatening clouds appeared with the bursts of thunder echoing around the place.  Ironically R4 was called the Thunder Down Under maiden. As the runners for R5 were preparing to go out onto the track it started raining and continued to rain during the race and for a short time thereafter probably around a 10 minute period in total.

Following the race some riders stated that their mounts were a little uncomfortable with some movement under them. Riders were called into the room and we viewed the footage which didn't show any significant slipping. A track inspection took place and it was reported when they came back that there were no significant slip marks but some small lateral movement about two hoof widths wide in a couple of areas. The rain on the grass was the cause of this and due to the cold and overcast weather conditions there was no way it would dry  quickly.

As there was some concern then that riders may not be able to ride their mounts competitively and of course any concern, no matter how small, for any riders safety then no meeting should proceed. It was one of those things, a small amount of rain on grass and not one rider had an issue on how the track presented. Both Sam Collett and Reece Jones (jockey's president) stated in the Judical Room (I told you I would come back to it) that the track had been perfect prior to the short period of rain. It was unfortunate and both the riders and stipes reiterated that the abandonment was through no fault of the club.

At least a number of them won't have to rush now to Opie's stag do this evening.  :D

Racing commenced at Te Aroha 137 years ago.  The spring weather in the Waikato-Thames Valley area has been changeable for each one of those 137 years.  When setting a track for a race meeting you take account of the long history and you adjust yourself to the situation.

Well, that is what a reasonable man does; he adjusts himself to the world; an unreasonable man tries to adjust the world to himself.

I have serious doubts about the reasonableness of that track's manager.

34 minutes ago, Tauhei Notts said:

Racing commenced at Te Aroha 137 years ago.  The spring weather in the Waikato-Thames Valley area has been changeable for each one of those 137 years.  When setting a track for a race meeting you take account of the long history and you adjust yourself to the situation.

Well, that is what a reasonable man does; he adjusts himself to the world; an unreasonable man tries to adjust the world to himself.

I have serious doubts about the reasonableness of that track's manager.

Bit harsh dont you think. Did you say the same about the Hawkes Bay track manager when their Saturday meeting was called off. Was it not  similar. A good 2 then rain ove night and some rain on the day.

as an owner i saw people with a what you call a little  little share in a horse get a lot of tickets and i owned a whole horse and got treated like  a one horse person and they made it well known tell me how a syndicaeTE PERSON CAN SHOUT HIS MATES AND I AM LUCKY TO GET A TICKET FOR MY WIFE WHO PAY S THE BILLS TE AROHA JC    

TED   think about the owners than your smart comments  because you arent smart you are showing that you are not  paying a full monthly training bill  are you  the owners are missing out i felel sorry for the caretaker you seem to be taking the piss out of him

Guest 2Admin2
9 hours ago, barryb said:

Blue, the problem is we live in the information age and everyone is a farking expert on everything with a quick google, take a look at how Admin is making a big cock of himself using google over on Gingernuts thread.

Please explain where Google features in my post?  

You make a great Luddite Barry. 

3 hours ago, edor said:

as an owner i saw people with a what you call a little  little share in a horse get a lot of tickets and i owned a whole horse and got treated like  a one horse person and they made it well known tell me how a syndicaeTE PERSON CAN SHOUT HIS MATES AND I AM LUCKY TO GET A TICKET FOR MY WIFE WHO PAY S THE BILLS TE AROHA JC    

I feel your pain edor , I think what happens now is if you own a horse outright you're looked upon as being a bit different, the game is now seriously catering for a lot of fly by night syndicate owners.

I'll never forget being at Rotorua one day when a friend had a horse in a $70k stakes race which he owned outright and they gave him one drink ticket nothing more than an insult.

6 hours ago, army said:

Bit harsh dont you think. Did you say the same about the Hawkes Bay track manager when their Saturday meeting was called off. Was it not  similar. A good 2 then rain ove night and some rain on the day.

C'mon Army haven't you read the rule book if you're from Te Rapa, HB,Ellerslie,Awapuni and a couple of others you're exempt from criticism.

9 hours ago, rdytdy said:

Exactly.

Mr Big Stuff you have to be one of the most negative people that post here. can't recall one positive post from you. Perhaps we should chip in for an optrectomy operation for you. That is where they sever the cord connecting your eyeballs to your rectum getting rid of your shitty outlook on life. :)

Racing started today in nice warm sunny conditions on a perfect Good 3 track(I will come back to that). Following R3 the mercury dropped considerable and black threatening clouds appeared with the bursts of thunder echoing around the place.  Ironically R4 was called the Thunder Down Under maiden. As the runners for R5 were preparing to go out onto the track it started raining and continued to rain during the race and for a short time thereafter probably around a 10 minute period in total.

Following the race some riders stated that their mounts were a little uncomfortable with some movement under them. Riders were called into the room and we viewed the footage which didn't show any significant slipping. A track inspection took place and it was reported when they came back that there were no significant slip marks but some small lateral movement about two hoof widths wide in a couple of areas. The rain on the grass was the cause of this and due to the cold and overcast weather conditions there was no way it would dry  quickly.

As there was some concern then that riders may not be able to ride their mounts competitively and of course any concern, no matter how small, for any riders safety then no meeting should proceed. It was one of those things, a small amount of rain on grass and not one rider had an issue on how the track presented. Both Sam Collett and Reece Jones (jockey's president) stated in the Judical Room (I told you I would come back to it) that the track had been perfect prior to the short period of rain. It was unfortunate and both the riders and stipes reiterated that the abandonment was through no fault of the club.

At least a number of them won't have to rush now to Opie's stag do this evening.  :D

Plenty of positive comments from me Ted, your comments make you sound like a smartarse