RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
WhoKnows

Kaitlyn and Tabatha Fensom

I can only go on what Mike Godber said on radio trackside last week when he said he was being charged with improper driving after sitting 3 wide with his horse for the entirety of a race, the exact same circumstances of the drive by Ms Fensom tonight.

SANDRA KEITH - raced wide without cover throughout. Commenced to give ground from the 500 metres. Stewards questioned Driver A Lowe regarding the manner in which he handled this mare throughout. After hearing Mr Lowe's explanation Stewards adjourned the matter. A post-race veterinary examination of SANDRA KEITH revealed no obvious abnormalities.

this is the drive he has been charged over, I feel tonight's was actually worse as it was Near favourite but the driver made no attempt at all to improve the position of the horses at any stage, Mr Lowes was never a serious chance from the outset.

I backed the horse...and when she was out 3 wide i wasn't bagging the drive,sounds like with the times they were running along,she was a victim of circumstances.And to actually finish 2nd when it looked like she was gone on the turn,show's how tough she is.Just load up on her when she lines up next.

48 minutes ago, Mardy said:

I backed the horse...and when she was out 3 wide i wasn't bagging the drive,sounds like with the times they were running along,she was a victim of circumstances.And to actually finish 2nd when it looked like she was gone on the turn,show's how tough she is.Just load up on her when she lines up next.

If that run hasn't bottomed her definitely worth a bob each way next start.

12 minutes ago, richie said:

If that run hasn't bottomed her definitely worth a bob each way next start.

Yea mate that's the only thing,hopefully it hasn't had that affect on her.

1 hour ago, WhoKnows said:

Given Mr Lowe got a suspension for driving exactly the same way she did tonight will she be accorded the same penalty?

Whilst indecisive,  it pales in comparison to Lowe's drive at Forbury. Not even close in my book. 

https://harness.hrnz.co.nz/gws/ws/r/infohorsews/wsd06x?Arg=hrnzg-Ptype&Arg=RaceVideo&Arg=hrnzg-RacehdrID&Arg=245607

That was a good tough run by the horse. The drive had its plus and negative sides. She may have been better showing a bit more aggression to get it up outside the leader early, but It did not look like that position was going to be handed to her easily by the horse  already racing parked.  So even if she had it would not have actually helped her.She drove her horse at a consistent speed,did not knock it around and actually got a good result by running 2nd.  So personally thought it was ok in the circumstances.

10 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

And again tonight was 3 wide for over a lap, was gone a fair way this time though, poor horse getting slaughtered every time she goes around now.

In reality just not having things go her way. Nothing wrong with the drive from a punters perspective. She was not going to get anywhere sitting at the back,so she gave it a chance by moving up.  Problem with that was to go around them meant it had to be that much better than the others,or it had to get handy without over exerting itself. That did not happen.,but she at least gave it a shot.  When you draw near the outside and don't have the gate speed to cross to the rail early,then the type of run she got last night is always on the cards no matter who drives them.

Another interesting drive on Kaitlyn tonight miscounting the number of laps, entirely not her fault as the bell did ring a lap early but still should have known how many laps the race was. The horses did well considering but it was still a very unprofessional look, not just by her but by a number of the drivers.

16 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Another interesting drive on Kaitlyn tonight miscounting the number of laps, entirely not her fault as the bell did ring a lap early but still should have known how many laps the race was. The horses did well considering but it was still a very unprofessional look, not just by her but by a number of the drivers.

Funny thing, I was having dinner,  trackside on mute, looked up, saw Kaitlin which I stuck $20 on under a drive on the home turn, yet held on.

Thought, least I had a collect, looked up again, she is still wacking the shit out of the horse, another round, gets run down by a horse better driven.

No way can a race be void because of an early lap bell. 

But she should be made to race only in trials for the next 12 months only, get her off the track, its a disgrace.

I don't care about my $20, but I feel sorry for connection, and even more sorry for horse, which will struggle to win any races in the future, its been slaughtered too much.

Not a good look for harness nz.

On 11/10/2017 at 8:21 PM, WhoKnows said:

Thoughts on the drive tonight?

Given Mr Lowe got a suspension for driving exactly the same way she did tonight will she be accorded the same penalty?

The Lowe drive was so so so much worse. Chalk and cheese different. In fact her drive was very similar to how one of the best of all time drove Lazarus in the Freemantle Cup. 

Not really defending her as she is pretty ordinary but A.Lowe is nek level ordinary.

41 minutes ago, Tool no. 1 said:

The Lowe drive was so so so much worse. Chalk and cheese different. In fact her drive was very similar to how one of the best of all time drove Lazarus in the Freemantle Cup. 

Not really defending her as she is pretty ordinary but A.Lowe is nek level ordinary.

Really? So her getting to the front, hammer down for 2 laps, is the same as laz 3 wide the trip on a tight track? 

Surely your not serious, she had no pressure at all. 

Most bizarre thing for me, is the fact  even thou she mistook laps, she still went crazy with a lap to go????

Maybe she had a flight to catch, she should have a holiday with that, a big one somewhere with no poor horses to drive.

1 hour ago, Portfolio said:

Really? So her getting to the front, hammer down for 2 laps, is the same as laz 3 wide the trip on a tight track? 

Surely your not serious, she had no pressure at all. 

Most bizarre thing for me, is the fact  even thou she mistook laps, she still went crazy with a lap to go????

Maybe she had a flight to catch, she should have a holiday with that, a big one somewhere with no poor horses to drive.

Her drive from 10th November. 

Read the date of the quote.

The judge was "severely reprimanded" for confusing the field by sounding the "last lap" bell a round too early.     In my opinion club officials have and still do get away with murder ("office error" etc.).    It's time they were treated like anyone else in the Industry and fined or even relieved of their duties for misdemeanors.     I'm sorry, but the Judge should have either been fined $500 minimum or relieved of his duties for a month.    Afterall, young Delany was relieved of $500 for over use of the whip where if he had "put it away" after 10 strikes he undoubtedly would have been charged for failing to dive his charge out.    That particular finish was tight all the way down the straight so he was on a hiding to nothing.        Perhaps we should adopt the thoroughbred model - over the final 50 metres you can belt the living daylights out of them.      No, I not too serious here, but these juniors should be spoken to a little more advisedly rather than be treated like full pros who are oozing money!       But back to the judge - not a good look when he basically let off for a gynormous cock up!