RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
iteruka

Dead baiting NSW

32 minutes ago, GOM said:

Maybe your post should have questioned why those 7 people have not come forward till now. If they had of this scenario we are talking about would not exist. How were racing authorities to know they existed. 

The point should be that now an enquiry is under way it should be left to run it's course.

What about the bloke who said he was contacted in 2015 by the riu, he told them what was going on,and never heard back.  That was in an earlier story.  Do you really believe all these witnesses have said nothing to authorities previously. How many does it take in your view.   Have each and every one of the many issues investigated by the riu in the central districts been unrelated? 

Do you think it a good look that dogs owned by mr cole continue to race,and do you not think any dogs associated with that kennel should be stood down from racing. Have any of his owners come out and said they will be removing their dogs from that kennel. Have any high profile trainers come out and been critical of these practices and expressed disgust in anyone who uses these methods.    

No they haven't. Had they done so that would have taken some of the momentum out of the story and suggested some integrity within the industry..  That tells a story itself.

Just now, Joe blogs said:

eyespy 

you can see i said the whole kennel and staff 

mrzim

why do you think people are hiding there faces

it wasn't that many years ago the person involed employed heavies to threaten people on the track

Or try and run them off the road into a ditch

7 minutes ago, Joe blogs said:

eyespy 

you can see i said the whole kennel and staff 

mrzim

why do you think people are hiding there faces

it wasn't that many years ago the person involed employed heavies to threaten people on the track

Was anyone charged over the threats

If I remember correctly a young child , I think either 10 or 12 years of age witnessed exactly what is now under investigation he was so disturbed of what he had seen he went home and told his mother.

I think his mother either went to the police or Greyhounds NZ to lay a complaint, I think at the time B Cole and young child were interviewed and unfortunately they believed B Cole rather than the young lad..

That should have set warning bells off then

I think Greyhounds are finished in New Zealand as I hear they have the wood on a Foxton trainer

1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

If I remember correctly a young child , I think either 10 or 12 years of age witnessed exactly what is now under investigation he was so disturbed of what he had seen he went home and told his mother.

I think his mother either went to the police or Greyhounds NZ to lay a complaint, I think at the time B Cole and young child were interviewed and unfortunately they believed B Cole rather than the young lad..

I think Greyhounds are finished in New Zealand as I hear they have the wood on a Foxton trainer

mr cole was charge but got off

Do you think it a good look that dogs owned by mr cole continue to race,and do you not think any dogs associated with that kennel should be stood down from racing. Quote from whata post.

No I do not think dogs, or Cole, or Lisa, should be stopped from racing. To the best of my knowledge, NZ still has a system of Justice that do's not include lynch mobs, hysteria, and trials by no names on social media. Having said that, the pendulum of evidence appears to be swinging against them on the live baiting with more witness by the day coming forward. I have always said, the photos prove nothing on there own, but creditable eye witness statements add more string to the rope. But getting back to my first point, should he be stopped from racing, the answer is no, because until charges are laid, then there is no crime, and I for one do not want racing authorities to have the power to stop people racing without charges. This is an important principle in any fair minded democracy.

13 minutes ago, aquaman said:

Do you think it a good look that dogs owned by mr cole continue to race,and do you not think any dogs associated with that kennel should be stood down from racing. Quote from whata post.

No I do not think dogs, or Cole, or Lisa, should be stopped from racing. To the best of my knowledge, NZ still has a system of Justice that do's not include lynch mobs, hysteria, and trials by no names on social media. Having said that, the pendulum of evidence appears to be swinging against them on the live baiting with more witness by the day coming forward. I have always said, the photos prove nothing on there own, but creditable eye witness statements add more string to the rope. But getting back to my first point, should he be stopped from racing, the answer is no, because until charges are laid, then there is no crime, and I for one do not want racing authorities to have the power to stop people racing without charges. This is an important principle in any fair minded democracy.

They have done it countless times before. Whats different this time around?  Especially when this is the worst story to break in nz greyhounds probably ever

58 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

What you hear and what is true are two different things i feel. Has anyone else heard about the wood on a foxton trainer?

I read the testimony from the very first complaint which also involved the SPCA. Again the complaint came from a former employee who was a minor at the time. Sadly the complainant stated that "We went to a tribunal meeting where my mother and I felt bullied." That was 15 years ago. Please don't go down the path of trying to discredit witnesses, when it is unknown whether they had also made previous complaints which were possibly not taken seriously. Questioning their motives for coming forward at this time is appalling behaviour. I have only respect for anyone who puts their hand up to be counted. Given some of the hostile comments here, I can fully understand why a witness would not be willing to have their identity shared on the telly. 

45 minutes ago, alltheway!!! said:

They have done it countless times before. Whats different this time around?  Especially when this is the worst story to break in nz greyhounds probably ever

Get your facts right, no they have not stopped LP's from racing without charges. Stop talking ill informed rubbish.

1 hour ago, aquaman said:

morning aqua aussies stepped in straight away rspca had nothing to do with it why should an investigation take so long it should have been done by nzgra

Better to be proactive and wrong instead of doing nothing and hes convicted imo. Grv and grnsw took this approach and it saved the greyhound industry in both states. I dont even believe most of the trainers were charged in australia in the end. They still all lost their licenses

3 minutes ago, alltheway!!! said:

Better to be proactive and wrong instead of doing nothing and hes convicted imo. Grv and grnsw took this approach and it saved the greyhound industry in both states. I dont even believe most of the trainers were charged in australia in the end. They still all lost their licenses

i think you might hear some interesting news coming out of aust shortly where one of these live baiting cases may be overturned

37 minutes ago, gary1 said:

i think you might hear some interesting news coming out of aust shortly where one of these live baiting cases may be overturned

Any further info available Gary? Perhaps a link? Would like to read about that conversation if possible.

8 minutes ago, Emotive said:

Any further info available Gary? Perhaps a link? Would like to read about that conversation if possible.

actually no link just a source i have within the industry who is normally pretty reliable ill follow up