RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
iteruka

Dead baiting NSW

On 12/10/2017 at 5:41 PM, GOM said:

Hmmmm, new technology and secret. For the last 30 or 40 years I have started ours education shortly after their eyes open so don't know if I could start any earlier. I will be interested to hear how it works, is there anyone out there that  can help?

The comment about precedent could also apply to the Tama Iti case.

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2017/12/top-greyhound-trainer-being-investigated-over-live-baiting-allegations.html  hows things now mike

Have I missed something here.Has he been found guilty or is he still under investigation.Im sure the S.p.c.a will do a thorough investigation and they Havnt come up with anything yet.I learnt a long time ago don’t believe everything you see or hear on tv as they will do anything for a story.

10 minutes ago, Cabbage said:

Have I missed something here.Has he been found guilty or is he still under investigation.Im sure the S.p.c.a will do a thorough investigation and they Havnt come up with anything yet.I learnt a long time ago don’t believe everything you see or hear on tv as they will do anything for a story.

they had several photos on the channel 3 news. I have heard through the grapevine that the spca may be investigating more than just live baiting

5 minutes ago, alltheway!!! said:

they had several photos on the channel 3 news. I have heard through the grapevine that the spca may be investigating more than just live baiting

I saw the photos on the news but couldn’t really see anything conclusive.I don’t really listen to grapevine whispers.90% is usually wrong.

5 minutes ago, Cabbage said:

I saw the photos on the news but couldn’t really see anything conclusive.I don’t really listen to grapevine whispers.90% is usually wrong.

really cabbage dont you realize how much damage this is going to do to greyhound racing

4 minutes ago, Cabbage said:

Forget the photos, what about the witness statements?

55 minutes ago, Emotive said:

was thinking that. have the NZGRA spoke with the 3 employees that have advised they have seen this? another question how do the other codes deal with participants under investigation? I know innocent until proven guilty but do they other codes have any stands downs for pending investigations?

As in my workplace I would be stood down pending investigation if I was accused of an instant dismissal case( as basically if found guilty of this offence it is instant dismissal for this kennel)

38 minutes ago, jasonmccook1 said:

was thinking that. have the NZGRA spoke with the 3 employees that have advised they have seen this? another question how do the other codes deal with participants under investigation? I know innocent until proven guilty but do they other codes have any stands downs for pending investigations?

As in my workplace I would be stood down pending investigation if I was accused of an instant dismissal case( as basically if found guilty of this offence it is instant dismissal for this kennel)

Good point and something which is sadly lacking in nz racing. If it is within the rules then they never seem to use it. In my opinion it just reflects the nz approach that some names are considered special. Why bring a rule in if it meant a high achiever would be effected.

They are much tougher in Australia where stand downs have been the norm for  those who have faced serious charges.  But of course there are more crooks and mores participants so they don't place much emphasis on transgressors achievements when dealing with them.

This is what happens when money, greed, and 'professionalism' hijack a hobbie sport. These 'professional's' will ruin it for the hobbie trainers. I can't see a way forward with this industry at a pro level, maybe we just need to go back to racing for the love of the game and a ribbon...then the right people will stay in and the greedy undesirables will not!

6 hours ago, what a post said:

If it is within the rules then they never seem to use it.

Seems to be well within the rules....

5.1 The Board shall have the following Powers in relation to these Rules:

(f) To disqualify either permanently or temporarily any Greyhound which, in the opinion (belief - assumption - feeling - impression - point if view - speculation) of the Board, has been used for, or in connection with an Offence, or which has been entered or Nominated to run, or allowed to run in a Race or Satisfactory Trial under a fraudulent description, or failed to pursue the Lure during the Race or Satisfactory Trial provided that this power may not be exercised to change the placings.  An Owner or Trainer of a Greyhound may seek a review, by a Judicial Committee, of any decision made under this Rule in accordance with Rule 66.2.

8 hours ago, Emotive said:

After reading on here and hearing about people undoing other people’s wheel nuts I just can’t believe the witness statements.If people can stoop that low then people would lie on tv.I’m not saying that these people are the same just showing how low some can go.The editing of tv stories is another thing.

17 minutes ago, gary1 said:

dont quite follow nzgra waiting on the spca to complete there investigation when they have the powers to act straight away in aust they dont wait for anyone

your right Gary he should be stood down as well as all staff that are in the photo's and his wife the tranier for allowing it to happen on the property

1 hour ago, mrzim said:

After reading on here and hearing about people undoing other people’s wheel nuts I just can’t believe the witness statements.If people can stoop that low then people would lie on tv.I’m not saying that these people are the same just showing how low some can go.The editing of tv stories is another thing.

Were nuts actually loosened, or was there a reason page 33 of the welfare code was added shortly after? There was also an advisory posted on the website to say there was now a policy on vehicle maintenance.

2 hours ago, The White Poodle said:

Seems to be well within the rules....

5.1 The Board shall have the following Powers in relation to these Rules:

(f) To disqualify either permanently or temporarily any Greyhound which, in the opinion (belief - assumption - feeling - impression - point if view - speculation) of the Board, has been used for, or in connection with an Offence, or which has been entered or Nominated to run, or allowed to run in a Race or Satisfactory Trial under a fraudulent description, or failed to pursue the Lure during the Race or Satisfactory Trial provided that this power may not be exercised to change the placings.  An Owner or Trainer of a Greyhound may seek a review, by a Judicial Committee, of any decision made under this Rule in accordance with Rule 66.2.

Interesting.  Having a rule and actually using that rule are 2 different things. Can you point to any trainers who have ever been stood down in any code before.   I cant remember any.

you would think if it ever was to apply then it would be in the current situation.

also interesting how none of the professional trainers who post on this site have made comments regarding this issue, wonder why that is,given the allegations have been circulating for months.  What does that tell you. 

will also be interesting what action the minister of racing takes. Lets hope he is pro active.

Wheel nuts were loosened three times and two seperate trainers and there employees  are lucky to be alive. Greyhound trainers have lied on tv before. I believe that this is no different. media shows what they want to and it happens regularly that they don’t always have all the facts. Let’s just see the end result before jumping to conclusions. 

15 minutes ago, greyhoundlover said:

Wheel nuts were loosened three times and two seperate trainers and there employees  are lucky to be alive. Greyhound trainers have lied on tv before. I believe that this is no different. media shows what they want to and it happens regularly that they don’t always have all the facts. Let’s just see the end result before jumping to conclusions. 

sounds like your the man himself

28 minutes ago, greyhoundlover said:

So can you please post the outcome of the investigation. Yes, trainers can lie on telly. One name in particular springs to mind from past broadcasts.

I dont think most of u people actually understand the severity of the situation. It doesnt matter what u or i think (at this point anyone actually suggesting it wasnt going on is delusional). Its what the public perceive the issue to be. Could be dark times ahead for the industry if the biggest trainer in the country is found guilty of these charges.

anyone who is on here defending him is making the situation that much worse.