RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
iteruka

Dead baiting NSW

18 hours ago, greyhound2017 said:

Eany one Caught in new Zealand dead baiting should receive the same sentence  

Wasn't their reports in this forum not so long ago of similar accusations made against NZ premiership trainer, what was the outcome?

1 hour ago, Track Record said:

Wasn't their reports in this forum not so long ago of similar accusations made against NZ premiership trainer, what was the outcome?

This matter is still with the RNZSPCA who are continuing their investigation into the allegations that were forwarded to them. 

The RIU are continuing to liaise with the RNZSPCA, however at this point neither party can give us (GRNZ)an indication when this matter might draw to a close.

While this is frustrating, the investigation must be left to take its course.

The matter is outside the hands of GRNZ at this stage.

where you getting your info from i under stand that the spca have finished there investigation weeks ago 

nzgra have been saying the same thing as you that they are waiting for the spca 

if you ring the spca they will tell you they have finished there investigation

i all so understand that the day the guy in oz got caught dead baiting he was suspended then and there why hasnt this happend here

8 hours ago, Joe blogs said:

where you getting your info from i under stand that the spca have finished there investigation weeks ago 

nzgra have been saying the same thing as you that they are waiting for the spca 

if you ring the spca they will tell you they have finished there investigation

i all so understand that the day the guy in oz got caught dead baiting he was suspended then and there why hasnt this happend here

Posted on the 7th Nov 2017

https://www.grnz.co.nz/News.aspx?NewsID=2554

On 08/11/2017 at 7:00 AM, Gary Sharp said:

Sorry but with the photos i viewed today grnz and the riu have no choice but to act.....we have to be on a level playing field and sorry this is not one....years ago i had a dog taken off me and sent to a cd trainer who was using fertigel ....i refused to give the dog the product so it moved....and yes i still have text evidence......why has the result taken so long?    my point is a big why?..why are the riu not keeping up the integrity off the sport......remember one thing and that is no body in any sport is bigger than anyone else in a sport.........sorry no defence with these photos........im saddend after 46years to see it....i didnt believe it was so clear...

Agreed Houndfan. The rules are quite clear. They are available to view on the GRNZ website. This matter should not ever be considered trivial, or "pathetic" as quoted above. What is disheartening is that the membership is not united on this matter, and that progress has been painfully slow. 

I don't know who the trainer is who this is all about & haven't seen any photos but I have to agree with everyone on this & it should have been sorted out by now. This sort of thing if it has happened should not be going on in our industry & should've been dealt with quickly.

I'm not sure why you quoted me in your post Steve as all I was doing was answering a question that someone asked.

5 minutes ago, Gary Sharp said:

I don't know who the trainer is who this is all about & haven't seen any photos but I have to agree with everyone on this & it should have been sorted out by now. This sort of thing if it has happened should not be going on in our industry & should've been dealt with quickly.

I'm not sure why you quoted me in your post Steve as all I was doing was answering a question that someone asked.

I don't think he was, just resharing the GRNZ advisory that you posted.

29 minutes ago, Gary Sharp said:

Get  a grip Garry.  You state you do not know who the trainer is and do not know what is going on, have not seen the photo's but it should not be happening in NZ.  !!!!

Every thing in our lives should be sorted out very quickly but unfortunately circumstances often dictate this is not possible

3 hours ago, Hound Fan said:

Sorry but with the photos i viewed today grnz and the riu have no choice but to act.....we have to be on a level playing field and sorry this is not one....years ago i had a dog taken off me and sent to a cd trainer who was using fertigel ....i refused to give the dog the product so it moved....and yes i still have text evidence......why has the result taken so long?    my point is a big why?..why are the riu not keeping up the integrity off the sport......remember one thing and that is no body in any sport is bigger than anyone else in a sport.........sorry no defence with these photos........im saddend after 46years to see it....i didnt believe it was so clear...

steve the photos you viewed are they the same photos nzgra have passed onto spca

I disagree with most on this thread. I see nothing wrong with using a dead animal skin on the end of a lure. This person they have hung out to dry for 16yrs for attaching a dead skin on a lure in Australia is a witch hunt and a travesty of justice, a complete over reaction to animal right activists. Do not get me wrong, I have zero tolerance for live baiting, and this before it became fashionable with the advent of animal right activism. It is abhorrent, and people caught doing these things need to be punished severely, but extrapolating this out to include rabbit skins, and possum skins, and sheep skin, is a nonsense, and a complete over reaction. There f#cken dead.

I have seen the photos, and in my opinion mean zilch. They are poor quality, and show some person tying what could be anything on to what appears to be a piece of line. It supposedly shows a piece of material being tied on the line. It could be dead skin, it could be cloth, it could be tanned skin, it could be an old singlet, it could be anything. Without corroborating evidence such as eye witness statements and video evidence then this whole thing is going nowhere. It looks more like a witch hunt to me.

53 minutes ago, aquaman said:

I disagree with most on this thread. I see nothing wrong with using a dead animal skin on the end of a lure. This person they have hung out to dry for 16yrs for attaching a dead skin on a lure in Australia is a witch hunt and a travesty of justice, a complete over reaction to animal right activists. Do not get me wrong, I have zero tolerance for live baiting, and this before it became fashionable with the advent of animal right activism. It is abhorrent, and people caught doing these things need to be punished severely, but extrapolating this out to include rabbit skins, and possum skins, and sheep skin, is a nonsense, and a complete over reaction. There f#cken dead.

I have seen the photos, and in my opinion mean zilch. They are poor quality, and show some person tying what could be anything on to what appears to be a piece of line. It supposedly shows a piece of material being tied on the line. It could be dead skin, it could be cloth, it could be tanned skin, it could be an old singlet, it could be anything. Without corroborating evidence such as eye witness statements and video evidence then this whole thing is going nowhere. It looks more like a witch hunt to me.

Totally agree cheers

3 hours ago, aquaman said:

Fully agree aquaman, has been blown way out of proportion 

5 hours ago, alltheway!!! said:

Anyone that endorses this must go tbh. These people will end greyhound racing here. The photos very clearly show whats happening. Cant believe the riu and nzgra have done nothing

I agree. It appears that the photos viewed are not all the same. Arguing aside, the rules are still very clear and have been since 2013. Whether you agree with the rule or not, it is and was the rule since that date. It was heavily publicised via website, email, and posted hard copy. You ignore rules at your own peril.

Grnz could have made this whole situation a lot easier by front footing the issue when the allegations were made. Surely they could have conducted their own investigation whilst the spca was doing their own. It happens in business all the time, simultaneous investigations.

if found guilty the book must be thrown, abhorrent, disgusting practice.

11 hours ago, J May said:

Grnz could have made this whole situation a lot easier by front footing the issue when the allegations were made. Surely they could have conducted their own investigation whilst the spca was doing their own. It happens in business all the time, simultaneous investigations.

if found guilty the book must be thrown, abhorrent, disgusting practice.

Would you like to clarify that , do you mean if it was a bit of dead animal skin, it is abhorrent, disgusting because it if it was it is not either of those two things.

John talked of a witch hunt. Most people would wonder how witch hunts happened years ago, or lynch mobs. It is just hard to get your head around it until you read the Greyhound forum on racecafe. The same processes and thought patterns. What did Winston C say? The further you look back in history the further forward you can see