RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Magoo

Petrol Stations

Gosh I don't even know if I should post this after Teletubby's problems - seems very trivial now.

While travelling yesterday called into a reasonably sized town to get petrol at a Shell Service Station which I quite regularly stop at. Went to grab the pump when an attendant said stop - after we finishing serving this customer we are having a compulsory 10 minute shutdown. You will have to wait 10 minutes before we can serve you. There was a forecourt attendant and someone else on the till. As this was 3.00 p.m. can only imagine they are working to rule taking compulsory ten minute tea break. I drove out and so did the guy who pulled in behind us. Went down the street to the BP and filled up. Asked the guy there - he laughed and said never heard of it before but their loss is our gain - sure is because from now on I will get my gas in this town from BP.

Has anyone else heard of Shell stations having compulsory 10 minute shut-downs.