RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

Congrats Winx

Guest 2Admin2
16 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Not to some...:rolleyes:

That grey bit in the middle is the harness track.

17 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

That grey bit in the middle is the harness track.

Off-topic, I know, Ohokaman, but your pic is quite old.

Moonee Valley banished the standardbreds several years ago!

That mob now race at Melton, 35 km west of the CBD...

Guest 2Admin2

You are struggling now you ex jocks.  Where did.the false straight finish if it started at the 800m?  

How many false straights can a track have?

What a load of crap.  The reality is P4P you didn't actually watch the race closely like most of the rest of us.  Winx covered more ground than Humidor.  Fact.  False straight true straight or none.

No wonder you jocks get lost you cant tell a straight from a bend.

6 hours ago, barryb said:

There are on most tracks 2 straights Back & Home, a false straight is the one that sits between the 2 of them, as in the one below from Tauherenikau.

How can if be false if its there. If its there as per the photo then surely its not false.!

9 hours ago, 2Admin2 said:

You are struggling now you ex jocks.  Where did.the false straight finish if it started at the 800m?  

How many false straights can a track have?

What a load of crap.  The reality is P4P you didn't actually watch the race closely like most of the rest of us.  Winx covered more ground than Humidor.  Fact.  False straight true straight or none.

No wonder you jocks get lost you cant tell a straight from a bend.

Geez I am surprised how it is so difficult to explain this to you so you get it... it finishes if you look at the very nice pic P4P posted of Invercargill at about the 400m mark... now please please lets move on you have had a good spanking here and as you probably never rode I can understand how maybe this is difficult for you to comprehend and understand. I hope that now helps you understand a little more.

The false straight as most normal people know finishes just before the home straight begins...I hope that is clear for you there are plenty of nice pics posted for you to see.

Guest 2Admin2

I think this debate highlights the difference between the top jockeys and the also rans.  The former I'd suggest don't worry about crap definitions such as false straights.

Seems by your definition there are more "unconventional" racecourses than "conventional"!

Guest 2Admin2
1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

Geez I am surprised how it is so difficult to explain this to you so you get it... it finishes if you look at the very nice pic P4P posted of Invercargill at about the 400m mark... now please please lets move on you have had a good spanking here and as you probably never rode I can understand how maybe this is difficult for you to comprehend and understand. I hope that now helps you understand a little more.

The false straight as most normal people know finishes just before the home straight begins...I hope that is clear for you there are plenty of nice pics posted for you to see.

The only spanking being given here is the one that two jockeys are giving themselves.

12 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

I think this debate highlights the difference between the top jockeys and the also rans.  The former I'd suggest don't worry about crap definitions such as false straights.

Seems by your definition there are more "unconventional" racecourses than "conventional"!

I think the debate highlights one thing clearly..you know little about racing and racetracks..JMHO

2admin2, the world over a straight between the back straight and the home straight is known as a "false straight". Here it is in French in case that makes more sense to you.

Longchamp Racecourse

LongchampRacecoursePicture_e_s.jpg
Longchamp Racecourse

The world-famous Longchamp racecourse sits in 17 hectares of the beautiful 58-hectare Bois de Boulogne, a few kilometres west of the centre of Paris.

The Bois de Boulogne was selected as the site for a new racecourse by Duke de Morny in 1853 and in 1854 the royal land was officially handed over to the City of Paris to build the course.

On 26 April 1857 the Hippodrome de Longchamp was opened by Napoleon III and the Empress Eugenie in front of a big crowd. The Emperor and the Empress arrived at the course via the Seine River in their royal yacht. Until about 1930 most Parisians travelled to the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe by boat.

The main race run at Longchamp up until the start of the First World War was The Grand Prix de Paris and the event became the annual focus of the Parisian people until the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe took over on 3 October 1920.

The Arc is run right-handed over 2400 metres on a track known as 'La Grand Piste'. The race begins beside one of the Bois de Boulogne's famous landmarks, Le Moulin (the windmill) and gently rises in the early stages until reaching the Porte de Boulogne when it dips downhill on a right-hand bend known as 'La Descente'.

The runners then enter a part of the track called 'the false straight' (la fausse ligne droit). This is where jockeys have to be careful. A premature move here can use up too much energy too quick and be fatal to a horse's chance.

The field then turns into a short 533-metre home straight. It is usually important to be close to the front by this stage but Bago still had a few lengths to find in last year's Arc. However neither jockey Thierry Gillet or his mount were short of previous Longchamp experience. Angled into clear daylight Bago's response was immediate and decisive.

For a moment there 2Admin, I thought you were going to comment that the pics of the tracks were actually "Alien Landing Craft markings"!! I'm not a Jockey, (altho I've thrown my leg over a filly or two) and even I understand this debate. The Valley is one track where being wide from the 800m to the 200m doesn't matter so much. It's actually an advantage, especially with the camber on the turn as you exit the "false straight". Watch Battle Heights winning run - you'll then get it. I didn't think Winx ran much further than any other horse and Bowman rode a cracker race, using the false straight to his advantage. That's why he's one of the best. 

Guest 2Admin2
38 minutes ago, Trump said:

For a moment there 2Admin, I thought you were going to comment that the pics of the tracks were actually "Alien Landing Craft markings"!! I'm not a Jockey, (altho I've thrown my leg over a filly or two) and even I understand this debate. The Valley is one track where being wide from the 800m to the 200m doesn't matter so much. It's actually an advantage, especially with the camber on the turn as you exit the "false straight". Watch Battle Heights winning run - you'll then get it. I didn't think Winx ran much further than any other horse and Bowman rode a cracker race, using the false straight to his advantage. That's why he's one of the best. 

The fact is Winx ran further and faster than Humidor.  P4P conceded that after being shown the data.

As for "false straights" it seems Moonee Valley has two!

Interesting that on the Longchamp it isn't an advantage to go forward on which infers that our resident jockey experts are wrong in their application of the term.  Which doesn't surprise me.

As it stands the term is a nonsense and an oxymoron.

5 hours ago, 2Admin2 said:

The fact is Winx ran further and faster than Humidor.  P4P conceded that after being shown the data.

As for "false straights" it seems Moonee Valley has two!

Interesting that on the Longchamp it isn't an advantage to go forward on which infers that our resident jockey experts are wrong in their application of the term.  Which doesn't surprise me.

As it stands the term is a nonsense and an oxymoron.

You don't even have a clue what one is so how would you know if we were talking about using them correctly...P4P is right better stop digging a deeper hole for yourself... you are starting to well...silly....and out of your depth.

Guest 2Admin2
37 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

You don't even have a clue what one is so how would you know if we were talking about using them correctly...P4P is right better stop digging a deeper hole for yourself... you are starting to well...silly....and out of your depth.

Rubbish.  The notion of a false straight is a nonsense and an oxymoron as I guess so are inteligent ex jockeys.

P4P's eyesight must be failing as his interpretation of Winx's performance was way off.

1 hour ago, 2Admin2 said:

Rubbish.  The notion of a false straight is a nonsense and an oxymoron as I guess so are inteligent ex jockeys.

P4P's eyesight must be failing as his interpretation of Winx's performance was way off.

So the others in here who are more knowledgeable than you on the subject and say they exist, you are saying they are unintelligent too... I think you need to turn the mirror around.. you may just see someone who is wrong..and you may see something similar to an oxy.......moron.

Sorry we could not educate you many in here tried....:rolleyes:

Guest 2Admin2
1 minute ago, poundforpound said:

You’re so stupid, you don’t even know what an oxymoron is you FW.

An oxymoron is two contradictory words in sequence, eg “open secret” or “cruel kindness”......a false straight is just a statement of fact, the straight in question is not the home straight, it just happens to be a straight prior to the home straight with a hip between the two.

Why don’t you stick to something you actually know about and leave the important stuff to those of us who’re playing with a full deck. 

Really?  You were shown up in your analysis of the Cox plate.  End of story.

On ‎29‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 6:12 PM, Ponderosa8 said:

What chance of Winx still racing this time next year and trying for a 4th Cox Plate.??

On ‎29‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 6:20 PM, scooby3051 said:

Personally I think zero.

After the reports yesterday, there is a chance that she'll be around for a crack at her 4th... Agree though, theres lots of water to travel under the bridge before October 2018.