RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

Congrats Winx

I agree Admin here that Humidor had the perfect run to beat her and the drop on her everywhere but just couldn't quite manage it. You could see Shin [ who had an enormous day!] tracking her every move, every second of that run. Humidor ran the race of his life - She was just a CHAMPION who wouldn't be beaten. Credit where credits due, surely? I was thinking all the way through the race, well Hughie is riding her like the best horse in the race and simply ensuring she doesn't get pocketed. He for sure didn't give her an easy run - - he simply counted on her incredible ability and will to win to do what he realistically knew [ or at least really hoped!] she could! Probably the best horse any of us will ever see. A privilege to watch her.

1 hour ago, 2Admin2 said:

The full sectionals are on racing.com which is where Gary and I got the data from.

As for getting an ex jockey to explain an oxymoron I pass on that one.

I think there may be only one Oxy-moron in the conversation... and its nothing to do with me... P4P makes a good point.

It's so nice when you gain some valuable insight !
You would think that by my age you would expect to know who you are,
then along comes someone and blows it all apart !
I sat down at the Crazy Cow Cafe and ordered a cup of coffee. While I was waiting for my coffee I was watching the Cox Plate on my phone and I just happened to be wearing my Winx cap...
After yelling and cheering her home as I sat sipping my coffee after the race, a young woman sat down next to me to wait for her coffee. She turned to me and asked,
"Are you a real fan of horse racing ?
I was surprised as I also had on my Stephen Marsh racing jacket and Best Bets beside me on the table so I replied,"Well I have been going to the races since I was born, been to most racetracks in NZ and plenty overseas also. I have seen thousands and thousands of races, seen champions both equine and human and love the game to bits, you, what are you "?
She said, 'I'm a lesbian. I spend my whole day thinking about naked women. As soon as I get up in the morning, I think about naked women. When I shower, I think about naked women. When I watch TV, I think about naked women. It seems everything makes me think of naked women.'
We then both sat sipping in silence.
A little while later, a young man sat down on the other side of me and the young woman and said 
"You must be a real racing fan ?"
My reply was,"I always thought I was, but I just found out I'm a lesbian".....
:D

Guest 2Admin2
1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

I think there may be only one Oxy-moron in the conversation... and its nothing to do with me... P4P makes a good point.

Well then explain what a false straight is after you have looked up the meaning of oxymoron.

3 hours ago, poundforpound said:

It's not my job or wish to educate you but maybe you should look at Taupo for example as a track with a false straight 

If you don't know what it means ask one of the ex jocks like Scooby.

I agree she was wide at the 1000 and home turn, but Humidor had to come outside her turning in so that's even stevens.

Can't argue with the GPS data though ( presuming it's true ) from Gary1 so I'll concede.

False straight Taupo?

Te Awamutu or Tauherenikau have them, not Taupo.

Guest 2Admin2
54 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

No need to justify anything to you... I got better things to do with my Sunday...cheers.

Well P4P said you could describe what a false straight was - I guess not.

Guest 2Admin2
2 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Its a third straight...where a turn normally should be... some racecourses have them..I thought you being so knowledgeable about all things racing and all would have known that...;)

Well that doesn't describe Mooney valley.  There was definitely 4 turns as normal at MV yesterday where Winx was 3 wide or more on 3 of them.

Anyway P4P has conceded that he got the math wrong.

Just now, 2Admin2 said:

Well that doesn't describe Mooney valley.  There was definitely 4 turns as normal at MV yesterday where Winx was 3 wide or more on 3 of them.

Anyway P4P has conceded that he got the math wrong.

So how many turns does a normal racetrack have then... so IF what you are saying is correct MV must have two false straights if they indeed have 4 turns..just my maths...maybe its wrong too..or you will find something wrong with it.

Cheers have a happy Sunday.

Guest 2Admin2
1 minute ago, scooby3051 said:

So how many turns does a normal racetrack have then... so IF what you are saying is correct MV must have two false straights if they indeed have 4 turns..just my maths...maybe its wrong too..or you will find something wrong with it.

Cheers have a happy Sunday.

What's the false bit?

What's a "normal" racetrack?

Guest 2Admin2

Oh ok so you jockeys go "geez we have a false straight today you know what that means."  

1 minute ago, 2Admin2 said:

What's the false bit?

What's a "normal" racetrack?

There are on most tracks 2 straights Back & Home, a false straight is the one that sits between the 2 of them, as in the one below from Tauherenikau.

image.png

Guest 2Admin2

Well MV has 4 straights regardless of how far the rail is out.  Which one is false?

Guest 2Admin2

So MV and Randwick have two of them?  P4P said that because the rail was out 10m there was an extra one.

Guest 2Admin2
Just now, poundforpound said:

FFS just google a map of the Valley 

I have there are 4 straights which one is false?  I don't know our you guys got round as unlike harness the gallops don't ring a bell with a lap to go.

6 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

I have there are 4 straights which one is false?  I don't know our you guys got round as unlike harness the gallops don't ring a bell with a lap to go.

So if there is normally 2 then this one has 4 then there must be too...simple maths.

Guest 2Admin2

Which one is false?  1, 2, 3 or 4?

MV has always been like that nothing changed yesterday.  Regardless Winx was wide on 3 of them hence travelling further than Humidor.  Suck it up P4P you were wrong.