RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

Congrats Winx

Surprisingly not one word on her third consecutive win in the Cox Plate today emulating the great Kingston Town and equaling Black Caviar's 15 G1 wins.

She now has 22 wins in a row and has also overtaken Makybe Diva's earnings to be the greatest stakes earner in Australasian history. 

Well done Winx.  Champion!!! 

17 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

It was the fastest time of her three wins and the fastest this century but not a track record. Better Loosen Up ran 2:01:5 when he won in 1990.  

Not surprised.Mark Zahra rating horses shocking today.Gailo Chop and earlier Burning Front.In fact last 3 races got it all wrong.

4 hours ago, rdytdy said:

Surprisingly not one word on her third consecutive win in the Cox Plate today emulating the great Kingston Town and equaling Black Caviar's 15 G1 wins.

She now has 22 wins in a row and has also overtaken Makybe Diva's earnings to be the greatest stakes earner in Australasian history. 

Well done Winx.  Champion!!! 

Hear hear. I didn't know how i was going to watch I wanted it for her so much. What a feeling to own such a horse that brought nations to watch. Simply breathtaking. 

Congratulations WINX. CHAMPION. The effort you made and the joy you gave was magnificent.

6 hours ago, Pegs Pride said:

Hear hear. I didn't know how i was going to watch I wanted it for her so much. What a feeling to own such a horse that brought nations to watch. Simply breathtaking. 

Congratulations WINX. CHAMPION. The effort you made and the joy you gave was magnificent.

Well said.  

An absolute privilege to watch.

8 minutes ago, Trump said:

Did you hear the crowd roaring when the course commentator, at about the 400m peg, said, " And here comes Winx !! " and when Humidor loomed up to make a race of it and further prove what a " FREAK" Winx is, jeez the hairs on my back were like a porcupine's !! "How good is racing?".

Her class saved some blushes for Hugh Bowman in my opinion as it wasn't the greatest of rides on the champion mare yesterday.   

In an 8 horse field he had her three and four wide around the first bend before getting one off. At the 1000m he eased her out three wide without cover and from the 800m she was four wide before hitting the lead out wide at the 350m. She spent the majority of the race three and four wide without cover.  

Meanwhile Blake Shinn was giving Humidor the prefect ride. On the fence for the first 1000m and then eased one out with cover and improved one out from the 800m before switching three out right behind Winx with 350m to run and then trying to get past her. That ride would have won most Cox Plates but the champion mare was not only class but also courageous after covering a lot more ground and she would not be denied, refusing to yield and Humidor had to settle for second, in what was the fifth fastest time for the race since it has been run over 2040m and the fastest this century.   

23 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

Her class saved some blushes for Hugh Bowman in my opinion as it wasn't the greatest of rides on the champion mare yesterday.   

In an 8 horse field he had her three and four wide around the first bend before getting one off. At the 1000m he eased her out three wide without cover and from the 800m she was four wide before hitting the lead out wide at the 350m. She spent the majority of the race three and four wide without cover.  

Meanwhile Blake Shinn was giving Humidor the prefect ride. On the fence for the first 1000m and then eased one out with cover and improved one out from the 800m before switching three out right behind Winx with 350m to run and then trying to get past her. That ride would have won most Cox Plates but the champion mare was not only class but also courageous after covering a lot more ground and she would not be denied, refusing to yield and Humidor had to settle for second, in what was the fifth fastest time for the race since it has been run over 2040m and the fastest this century.   

I thought it was a great ride. It is suicide to sit on the fence at MV. He was on the best horse, and he was not going to leave it to chance. Humidor and the rest of the field could afford to take their chances by conserving energy staying on the fence as they were not going for 3 on end. I thought Hugh Bowman gave her the best chance by trading ground for safety, knowing he had the horse power under him. How many hard luck stories come out of MV sitting 1 back on the fence.

I saw a program where they interviewed one of the owners ( Bob Ingam's daughter). She explained they went to the sales with 3 horses on the list. Winx was their 3rd choice and also 3rd to come into the ring ( I think). They went to their budget with their bidding and had to be persuaded to put in one more bid to finally get her. Presumably if Bob had not sold Woodlands Stud they would not have even been there buying a horse.  Fate seems to have played a huge part in them getting the best horse I've ever seen in racing. 

Guest 2Admin2
2 hours ago, poundforpound said:

The good judges said she'd have her hands full yesterday and it'd be a proper contest. It was. If Humidor had been ridden by a natural leftie he'd have beaten her but he lost a bit of ground and a lot of momentum when he hung left and rolled in on her about the 150 mark.

I disagree.  If Humidor had had the trip Winx had and vice versa she would have won by 5 lengths.

She has in spades what Humidor doesn't and that is racecfraft.  Especially that way round she races like a machine straight as and can be ridden like a machine.

Arguably his tendency to hang cost him last year's Livamol.  

When Humidor got up to her she lifted again.  I reviewed that last 200m several times and is noticeable the point where she reached down deep like champions do.

8 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Not sure how you arrive at that conclusion, it’s certainly not supported by math so I’ll presume you’re just being subjective, so I will too.

Humidor dropped out early and slipped up the fence after they’d made the first turn, on that basis he gave Winx a head start.

About the 800 Winx started to slide forward ( in the false straight so covering no extra ground ) at which point Humidor tried to ease to the outside and get on her back. The three year old beat him to it though so Humidor was left pocketed, and traveling better than anything at the time, in fact Humidor was traveling fabulously at the 300m and if he’d been able to get a smooth run through the field rather than have to peel wide to the outside at the 200m mark he’d have covered less ground, and run true with the rail on his left.

He wins in my book every day in a fair and even contest because he was pocketed, obstructed, and had to get to her outside late in the race ( at which time he hung left quite badly creating problems for himself ).

That said she’s the ultimate pro, he’s a hard ride and he’s probably not 100% genuine, and the history books say she won, so that’s it.

Waller won’t want to run her in The Emirates after that though, he’s a great horseman and he knows she got hurt there, she was beaten up and she won’t recover from that easily.

Agree. She won't be going to the Emirates after that. It was noticeable how hard she was blowing when Hughie was being interviewed, and there's no doubt that run took a lot out of her on firmer ground than she prefers. When was the last time anything got within a long neck of her....?? Off to the paddock if they are wise.

2 hours ago, 2Admin2 said:

I disagree.  If Humidor had had the trip Winx had and vice versa she would have won by 5 lengths.

She has in spades what Humidor doesn't and that is racecfraft.  Especially that way round she races like a machine straight as and can be ridden like a machine.

Arguably his tendency to hang cost him last year's Livamol.  

When Humidor got up to her she lifted again.  I reviewed that last 200m several times and is noticeable the point where she reached down deep like champions do.

winx travel[ed 2074 metres humidor 2066 metres both travelled late closing 59.6 km/h

Guest 2Admin2

I don't know what race you were watching P4P but Winx was 3 to 4 wide for 3 out of the 4 corners.  The first, third and 4th.  Humidor was on the fence and spent barely a penny making up the 4 lengths head start he gave Winx.

Never heard of a "false straight" - is that the opposite of a "tight bent"?

Waller has said on racing.com that she recovered from the race exceptionally - is as bright as button.

Was taken down to the beach and was in fine order afterwards.

Because Winx travelled further than Humidor she averaged 0.3 of km/hr quicker.  She ran the last 200m 0.1seconds  quicker than Humidor.

Guest 2Admin2
8 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

It's not my job or wish to educate you but maybe you should look at Taupo for example as a track with a false straight 

If you don't know what it means ask one of the ex jocks like Scooby.

I agree she was wide at the 1000 and home turn, but Humidor had to come outside her turning in so that's even stevens.

Can't argue with the GPS data though ( presuming it's true ) from Gary1 so I'll concede.

The full sectionals are on racing.com which is where Gary and I got the data from.

As for getting an ex jockey to explain an oxymoron I pass on that one.