RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Insider

Trentham tomorrow?

I haven't heard a word about how Trentham will play out tomorrow from a single Cafer.

Do you all know something that I don't?

Why the silence?

Before Hawkes Bay's meetings' we had "more column inches written about their track" than I have ever seen written about any track in the country and for what?

Ellerslie? Good God!

Te Rapa? Say no More!

Otaki? Gone!

Palmerston North? Certainly questionable in the near future! [Watch this space]

Wingatui? Gone!

Riccarton Heavy 11 one week, Good 3 the next.

Wellington has had the worst Spring possible along with all of the North Island, probably worse, except for Auckland where it ONLY rains. 

Only Winton the other day has put up a genuine dead 4 track and they are in the far South for God's sake!

What gives with Trentham? 

Has this track suddenly turned into the only decent track in NZ.

I guess tomorrow will tell. 

The proof will be in the pudding tomorrow if horses can win from anywhere, if the finishes are close, if the best horse wins.

I am looking forward to everyone's views once racing concludes.

3 minutes ago, turny said:

Enjoy it - sadly their days numbered - and that's very sad

Why are their day numbered?

If you are correct that's extremely sad as only the very best win there on the big days and that doesn't happen anywhere else in the country except in the two Guineas races at Riccarton.

Insider, I respect your optimism , but word on the ground from my perspective is that Trentham will ,in the foreseeable future decline to the point of closure.

Sad, for its great history , but just in the end collateral damage, much like my beloved Hutt Park.

14 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

You haven't been paying attention.

Dead 4 tracks and all in the North Island

Hastings 22/10

Rotorua 21/10

Te Aroha 18/10

Sorry Ted. 

Thank God the new Government is doing away with national standards as I have just failed.

49 minutes ago, Insider said:

I haven't heard a word about how Trentham will play out tomorrow from a single Cafer.

Do you all know something that I don't?

Why the silence?

Before Hawkes Bay's meetings' we had "more column inches written about their track" than I have ever seen written about any track in the country and for what?

Ellerslie? Good God!

Te Rapa? Say no More!

Otaki? Gone!

Palmerston North? Certainly questionable in the near future! [Watch this space]

Wingatui? Gone!

Riccarton Heavy 11 one week, Good 3 the next.

Wellington has had the worst Spring possible along with all of the North Island, probably worse, except for Auckland where it ONLY rains. 

Only Winton the other day has put up a genuine dead 4 track and they are in the far South for God's sake!

What gives with Trentham? 

Has this track suddenly turned into the only decent track in NZ.

I guess tomorrow will tell. 

The proof will be in the pudding tomorrow if horses can win from anywhere, if the finishes are close, if the best horse wins.

I am looking forward to everyone's views once racing concludes.

Best track in the country and some great fields there tomorrow as well.

Especially the Thompson, Guineas Trial and R2 has the potential to be the race of the day, what a lineup!

Huey, Race 2. What a lineup all right! 

In the Wellesley, Masque according to Rogie is as good as Savabeel himself and is nominated for the Slipper!

I agree. The Thompson has a great line up of Group 3 handicappers. Beaumarchais for me. 

Yes Huey, Race 2 looks a great race to watch on. The last race is a super betting race to find a decent double figure winner, the fav is a pretty decent horse but at the odds is completely unbackable in such a large field.

1 hour ago, Insider said:

Huey, Race 2. What a lineup all right! 

In the Wellesley, Masque according to Rogie is as good as Savabeel himself and is nominated for the Slipper!

I agree. The Thompson has a great line up of Group 3 handicappers. Beaumarchais for me. 

Won't beat Hiflyer....;)

1 hour ago, barryb said:

Yes Huey, Race 2 looks a great race to watch on. The last race is a super betting race to find a decent double figure winner, the fav is a pretty decent horse but at the odds is completely unbackable in such a large field.

William Wallace ( what else ?) would eat this lot if right. Flamingo the danger.

25 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

And it’s raining in Ak, with steady drizzle forecast all day.

That’s why they need a StrathAyr track now. 

Anything else is unacceptable Auckland. 

The patch-up job (announced) of new drainage will be a massive waste of precious time and money, given the climate Auckland now has.  

Poundforpound, go and bang some of your friends heads together at Ellerslie and make it happen, a StrathAyr that is. 

The Trainers Association, you do the same. 

Liz

5 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

Trentham or Randwick and Moonee Valley - gee that's a hard choice!!!

None of the above - Riccarton. Lead up to the best racing carnival in NZ ( and its up there with the best anywhere for a number of reasons). Sunny day. Great facilities, super betting track ......get there ;)

26 minutes ago, chelseacol said:

None of the above - Riccarton. Lead up to the best racing carnival in NZ ( and its up there with the best anywhere for a number of reasons). Sunny day. Great facilities, super betting track ......get there ;)

Well said col, have a good day on the punt, nice fields and only a short card, be a great day out, hope your weather is looking good, hopefully i can make cup day, had fantastic day out last year, and were very well looked after by our host, made our day.

45 minutes ago, chelseacol said:

Agreed, zero wrong with Trentham or Riccarton today, if you can't find applicable bets there today then its best you stay with Lotto and the Pokies.

5 hours ago, barryb said:

Agreed, zero wrong with Trentham or Riccarton today, if you can't find applicable bets there today then its best you stay with Lotto and the Pokies.

Or Randwick and Mooney Valley. Looks like its each to their own , the way it should be Barry but im just not seeing any Winxs at any of the local venues. Theres value aplenty at Randwick today IMHO

57 minutes ago, barryb said:

Sure thing, no arguments there. Just don't slag off local venues because you are not skilled enough to look outside the square and find decent bets.

EG: Mr Typhoon has blown like hell in this and becomes a decent bet at Ric.

Never slagged anyone, just pointed out options, terribly sorry if i offended you. Mr t has blown alright but great if your a place punter only

23 hours ago, Shad said:

Well said col, have a good day on the punt, nice fields and only a short card, be a great day out, hope your weather is looking good, hopefully i can make cup day, had fantastic day out last year, and were very well looked after by our host, made our day.

Cheers Shad

was a great day on course. TAB had a super function on course with a lot of great characters from here and around the country. Carried onto a big night, and Kaikoura today and tomorrow.

Also met Blue from RC - top bloke and very pleased with his nice fillies run in the 3yo race. Good chance in 1000G on a day around the country we saw some interesting devpts.

Good racing and adds to the build up to Cup Week.

Hope to see you here during the week Shad

Col

1 hour ago, chelseacol said:

Cheers Shad

was a great day on course. TAB had a super function on course with a lot of great characters from here and around the country. Carried onto a big night, and Kaikoura today and tomorrow.

Also met Blue from RC - top bloke and very pleased with his nice fillies run in the 3yo race. Good chance in 1000G on a day around the country we saw some interesting devpts.

Good racing and adds to the build up to Cup Week.

Hope to see you here during the week Shad

Col

You can't beat a good days racing with top company, certainly sounds like your getting plenty of practice in for cup week, with 2 days at kaikoura, good luck and hope to catch up with you and cubes cup day.