RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Happy Sunrise

Balls on the line: Forbury

2 hours ago, harewood said:

Thanks for that. 

The point i was making is that those of us who backed it can hardly be called a "Fan Club" We noticed it the start before showing gate speed that it had not displayed earlier and had B Orange on it. We followed up and got the cash. Thats what you do when you spot an unlucky runner that is well placed next start, follow it. May not back it again untill another suitable race comes its way. Even your $10 bet over a beer would have bought you a few more jugs. Chees

B Orange had driven it only once before over 2 years ago.

Fortunately I can cover the drinks tab without too many collects! My bets are more often than not on horses owned or trained by mates. There's not a lot of science involved!

Raphoe has been driven throughout his career mostly by Jonny Cox and Shane Walkinshaw, with cameo performances from the likes of Blair, the Williamson brothers etc, so I don't think you can say he's ever lacked driving talent. The horse does however have a long record of finding ways to get beaten, when he should have been winning. I'd imagine he's an extremely frustrating horse to own or train.

2 hours ago, JackSprat said:

The point is that if Raphoe even returned a dividend a fraction of the times he was "a good winning chance", he wouldn't be a battling 2, now 3 win horse in his 5th season of racing!. 

He's a horse that needs all the stars to align, and then some to win, and miraculously everything fell into place in true "Steven Bradbury style" on Thursday night. Even with the perfect draw and the countries in form driver on board, he was still going to get buried on the fence, and need luck to win. The severe interference on the first turn scattered all his opposition, and gifted him a forward position that he would otherwise not have had.

Lucks a fortune, and he made the most of it. I wouldn't count on it happening again any time soon.

Jack,  the difference is he was drawn 1 instead of u rule in a very weak field with the country’s leading driver!

Not rocket science if you do your homework.

3 hours ago, JackSprat said:

He's a horse that needs all the stars to align,

Most horses do. That is what I look for when i bet.

Luckily it was a cloudless night when Brodie, me and Harewood got the deck chairs out on the patio,  lay down, had a quick chat about the sitpes and restrictions, then stared at the stars.....amazingly the stars spelt RAPHOE.

I might add...unfortunately many nights are cloudy....

3 hours ago, Brodie said:

Jack,  the difference is he was drawn 1 instead of u rule in a very weak field with the country’s leading driver!

Not rocket science if you do your homework.

All that "homework" was about to get buried on the fence going into the first turn until an "act of god" scattered "rocket scientists" in all directions!

Miracles do happen!

10 hours ago, JackSprat said:

All that "homework" was about to get buried on the fence going into the first turn until an "act of god" scattered "rocket scientists" in all directions!

Miracles do happen!

Sorry don’t agree that Raphoe would have been buried on the fence.

Trailed at worst behind Siver Dale, as What else would have led?

With Blair on you know u are going to get out!

4 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

At least someone recognises our intelligence fellas! 

Funny shit. :D

image.png.e61a0bff86bd9408c7fb73b6c2a4a122.png

Not too sure that the planets will align this week!

tougher draw, different driver and definitely a tougher field.

Geniuses probably not on this week!

Fields are not quality this week but definitely easier to pick.

20 hours ago, Counter Punch said:

R4 It's All Over Now ($12.50) $3.6 a place is exceptional money. 

The little lady was a touch unlucky.

19 hours ago, harewood said:

R2  Sage Trouble. Big recovery last start after break. Good show esp place if can begin.

Very nice both of you.