RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Spikecity

M T Pockets

Thoughts on Sherryl Wiggs drive in the first race tonight? The horse galloped at the start and continued galloping to the winning post - 200m. I thought the rule was that if a horse gallops for 150m it is automatically disq (mind you I may be wrong with pacer because I am not always "on the money" nor a know all). If it applies to pacers her drive thereafter was a shocker. Catches the field and then proceeds to go around it without even having a rest after making up so much ground. Luckily a horse comes out in front of her and gives her the one-one. Then for some reason she decides to do a Dexter at the 600 but (I wonder why) after the horses earlier efforts it fails to loop the field. Never mind I will keep bashing the horse right to the finish (Brodie would be impressed). Doesn't she know there is always another day. Looks like she lost her rag and just wanted to punish the horse - pathetic.

5 minutes ago, Spikecity said:

Thoughts on Sherryl Wiggs drive in the first race tonight? The horse galloped at the start and continued galloping to the winning post - 200m. I thought the rule was that if a horse gallops for 150m it is automatically disq (mind you I may be wrong with pacer because I am not always "on the money" nor a know all). If it applies to pacers her drive thereafter was a shocker. Catches the field and then proceeds to go around it without even having a rest after making up so much ground. Luckily a horse comes out in front of her and gives her the one-one. Then for some reason she decides to do a Dexter at the 600 but (I wonder why) after the horses earlier efforts it fails to loop the field. Never mind I will keep bashing the horse right to the finish (Brodie would be impressed). Doesn't she know there is always another day. Looks like she lost her rag and just wanted to punish the horse - pathetic.

Spike, that a bit below the belt and hurts my feelings greatly.

Where have I ever said that I appreciate horses being bashed?

You know what my problem is with the blatantly stupid 10hit rule but instead you have to put in a snide remark.

Not very becoming of you Spike, I thought you were better than that!

Watch some of the Ozzie harness races and there you will see horses getting carved up and yet we have this nonsensical rule here!

19 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Spike, that a bit below the belt and hurts my feelings greatly.

Where have I ever said that I appreciate horses being bashed?

You know what my problem is with the blatantly stupid 10hit rule but instead you have to put in a snide remark.

Not very becoming of you Spike, I thought you were better than that!

Watch some of the Ozzie harness races and there you will see horses getting carved up and yet we have this nonsensical rule here!

These are a selection of your quotes Brodie - you obviously love horses being bashed to bits if you have backed them.

Punters will not invest on racing if the whip is banned as they will not be prepared to offload large amounts when they know that their horse may just be an also ran because of lack of vigour.

Why do you get so much delight in seeing our reinsman getting fined and/or suspended for trying their best to win?????

That's right let's come down hard on them and stop them from trying to make a living, just because of a stupid 10 hit rule.

Go back to the previous rule.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the excessive whip rule that we had previously, far fairer!

Of course it is, but the point is that Animal Rights had no problem with the way the whip was being used previously and so they shouldn't have.

Newmarket, it is absolutely shocking that Ms. Ottley tried so,hard to win the race for the owner, trainer and punter!

Watched a minor race from Canberra last night and the driver was into the horse with the whip continuously from about the 600m and didn’t stop and that is still,ok over there

If the driver didn’t think that using the whip improves the horses performance then why on earth is the driver using the whip??????

Personally would be pissed if a driver of a horse that I had offloaded on just sat on it without any vigour.

51 minutes ago, Spikecity said:

Looks like the stipes are going to try and charge her for her drive .

14 minutes ago, Spikecity said:

These are a selection of your quotes Brodie - you obviously love horses being bashed to bits if you have backed them.

Punters will not invest on racing if the whip is banned as they will not be prepared to offload large amounts when they know that their horse may just be an also ran because of lack of vigour.

Why do you get so much delight in seeing our reinsman getting fined and/or suspended for trying their best to win?????

That's right let's come down hard on them and stop them from trying to make a living, just because of a stupid 10 hit rule.

Go back to the previous rule.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the excessive whip rule that we had previously, far fairer!

Of course it is, but the point is that Animal Rights had no problem with the way the whip was being used previously and so they shouldn't have.

Newmarket, it is absolutely shocking that Ms. Ottley tried so,hard to win the race for the owner, trainer and punter!

Watched a minor race from Canberra last night and the driver was into the horse with the whip continuously from about the 600m and didn’t stop and that is still,ok over there

If the driver didn’t think that using the whip improves the horses performance then why on earth is the driver using the whip??????

Personally would be pissed if a driver of a horse that I had offloaded on just sat on it without any vigour.

Spike, I REPEAT WHERE ON EARTH HAVE I SAID I APPRRVIATE HORSES BEING BASHED??????

Not one of those comments says that I appreciate horses being bashed!!!

what I have always said is that the previous rule was working fine, and Animal,Rights had no problem with it either.

Yes, I beleive the whip is needed but not excessively as per the previous rule that didn’t need a no. put on it.

Back to my earlier post - are pacers disq if they gallop in excess of 150m? If so why did she even bother chasing the field. 

It was at the 850 when she launched not as I previously stated (600m). She kept hitting the horse from there to the finish (I assume because we can't see the last 200m on the video - but given that she started hitting the horse from when she pulled out until the 200m - I do not see any reason she would have stopped).

Note also going down the back straight the first time the horse must have been at least 100m from the lead.

And yes I realize there are many bad drives on every raceday, but to my mind this one was right up there with "the worst ever drives" - never bet on amateur races so not talking through the pocket in any way.

Interesting to see if Tim comments re her drive although I guess he would have to be diplomatic about the subject. HR Waikato 19 October 2017 Race 1.avi 

I think it's was the rule where she failed to give her horse all reasonable and permissible chance of finishing in best possible position , by the stipes report it's when she pulled out from the 800 rather than sitting and waiting abit longer from what I read of it but who would really know. :) Probly deserves a couple months holiday :D:D:D And another amatuer sitting on the sidelines 

1 hour ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

Would you be in favour of reducing to 5 or even 3 for a trial period ?

Stupid comment Kotare!

The previous rule was fine.

There are drivers getting suspended and fined when they are not hitting as hard as others!

Do you agree with the current Oz rule being implicated?

We panicked with the rule brought in and you know it!

7 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Stupid comment Kotare!

The previous rule was fine.

There are drivers getting suspended and fined when they are not hitting as hard as others!

Do you agree with the current Oz rule being implicated?

We panicked with the rule brought in and you know it!

And how would one prove that stupid,  You really do say some ridiculous things and  on a regular basis.

For the umpteenth time here is the rule- No more than 10 hits, its the rule and RIU are there to make sure rules are followed and if not JCA is there to hand out the punishment. Its really simple for everyone except you so what does that say??

Stipes should be a lot more lenient on the AMATEURS because they are AMATEURS!

Seem like they like the easy prey rather than looking at the shockers from the so-called professionals!!!

Stop have betting on the AMATEURS and there so t be any problem then!

Brodie totally agree with your comment . It must be the same for all . The problem with N I Amateurs , the fields are a wrought . S I are fine , as the have good numbers . N I at Cambridge , horses are scratched the very  next day  the fields come with no intention ever to run . In any sport you give whatever ,every chance , as close as possible to the time to compete . Conditions outside those advertised at nomination time are made , just to get a horse into the field , then something else will scratch, with , as I said no intention to run . They say otherwise ,but people know it .Just a wrought.

26 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Stipes should be a lot more lenient on the AMATEURS because they are AMATEURS!

Seem like they like the easy prey rather than looking at the shockers from the so-called professionals!!!

Stop have betting on the AMATEURS and there so t be any problem then!

Using that logic, you should stop betting on the "so called professionals" then Brodie.  Bit silly to say they should have different standards for amateurs. Don't think any of them would expect that.

1 hour ago, what a post said:

Using that logic, you should stop betting on the "so called professionals" then Brodie.  Bit silly to say they should have different standards for amateurs. Don't think any of them would expect that.

Don’t understand your comment!

What I said is that the Amateurs are just that, that they drive for the fun of it rather than to make a living!

We all knkw that there is always problems with the standard of driving  in the amateur races which we can’t expect that.

Do away with the wagering on them and it will then take them out of the spotlight.

Why would I not wager on the other races where the so-called professional drivers are?

Love the challenge of it, my skill against the TAB even though they do not play fair!

If the amateurs are picked on for bad drives then the professionals should at least have the same scrutiny shouldn’t they?

play fair!!

19 hours ago, Brodie said:

Don’t understand your comment!

What I said is that the Amateurs are just that, that they drive for the fun of it rather than to make a living!

We all knkw that there is always problems with the standard of driving  in the amateur races which we can’t expect that.

Do away with the wagering on them and it will then take them out of the spotlight.

Why would I not wager on the other races where the so-called professional drivers are?

Love the challenge of it, my skill against the TAB even though they do not play fair!

If the amateurs are picked on for bad drives then the professionals should at least have the same scrutiny shouldn’t they?

play fair!!

Gore race 11. J Cox on Machie Mach. Hit from a long way out.  However do think he was keeping the horse in the race , but faded late.

On 10/21/2017 at 10:27 AM, tim vince said:

hsvman   there is a job going as a assistant stipe u should apply- why don't u let them do their job then have a go. see what the hearing brings.

Don’t worry Timothy I have already sent my application in as I hear the pay is pretty good and if most cases are as simple as this incompetent charge it should be money jam :D . I do hope if things don’t go your way with this case you won’t pack the shits and threaten to sell up and give all your horses away as countless times we have seen on public forums you state this yet you still don’t follow thru with your promises :D 

Hsvman  U forgot the " I'm just a battler " line also . He's like the other one who threatens to go to Aussie but Neva does .no doubt he"ll have his two or three little amateur handbag dogs yapping away .

hi stew rat  ashwoth  narkgardener  mattusie at the atc . bagging the amateurs again- no different  to usual - I believe you were failed amateur and got jealous of those who worked our asses off and did well. as I recall you were pretty hopeless.

I suggest u should wait for the result of the hearing instead of  making a personal comment against Sheryl whom u dislike intently- u hate successful people.

it might be the fat lady hasn't sung yet-

ive never threatened to go to aussie-  more run at kumeu.trained a few more winner than u and  your mate dm in the last few years.would have loved to have got hold of stunning shadow I  saw 5 or 6 wins in it properly handled.

fyi ive retired kd hall coz he is too harshly handicapped- no big deal. not  blaming any one.just sold one to aussie 50k don't need to go there. u used to go  on the central circuit and had some close friends down there . what happened.

why don't u put whatever money u have where your mouth is- take away the amateurs brodie cambride had 8 races- u don't have to bet on them.of course if they stopped another race going ahead I would agree with u.

salesh is a bit of fun and cops it and takes it- u are a nasty person- hows wendy

Tim, fair enough that if people want to punt on amateur it is their perogative!

Just beleive that the Stipes are far too hard on the amateurs where the pro’s get away with shocking drives.

At least Sheryl tried with her horse after it galloped Away which is far more than what several drivers at Forbury yesterday didn’t do'!!!!

Nothing said about those drives though!