RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
porky

Go Winnie

24 minutes ago, Insider said:

For fucks sake, the immediate winners are National voters. 

What the the hell are they moaning about?

Come in Trump with your party political broadcast  

Sorry Trump, you can’t have it both ways!!!! 

Do you want to sell dairy or Mercedes? 

I KNOW THAT’s a hard question when your thinking is so narrow!!!!!!

Liz 

So you've got a babysitter for PM and a pensioner who got the arse from the electorate big time - himself. His party gets 5/8th's of f..kall votes, yets decides who governs. It doesn't really bother me who wins, I've supported Hawke/Keating, Helen Clarke, John Key, John Howard. But please, don't tell me that you Insider, are happy to have a NZ First get 4 frigging seats! Plus Deputy Pm (even with f..kall votes) the Greens and a 37 yo Pm and Labour govern? If you are then you are obviously ready for euthanasia. I remember Winston in a Corporate Tent at the races in Tauranga. He came back into the Corp "Tent" after we had been watching race ( which my horse won) and he sat down in my Mothers seat and started drinking her white wine. He wasn't even on our table ffs!! On seeing this, my Mother said, " I think Sir, that you are in my seat and you are drinking my wine". No Madam, said Winnie, this is my seat and my glass. My 80yo Mother, who was much sharper than Winnie, then replied, " Well then Sir, you must be wearing the same shade of lipstick as me!". I'll never forget his face as he got up apologetic and went bro his own table. And this guy is your Kingmaker and Deputy PM Insider! You live in a lefty town so I'm not surprised that you think today is good for NZ. After 3 years of freebies, proof will be in the pudding. 

What I don't support Liz is your notion of a fairer society as that's code in the Labour party for some poor bastard pays disproportionately for someone else choices that were not so smart.

However I am prepared to cut the new Govt some slack & hope like f--k they get things right for the better interests of all of us. Winston has removed the greens which is great & squashed most of labour's policies so are you really going to see the change you want Liz?.

Labour has sold its soul for power & for them its going to be short lived the ride  I fear.

30 minutes ago, Insider said:

That’s OK. The young of NZ will once again be able to OWN THEIR OWN HOUSE. 

Is that a bad thing?

If they give up the booze, cigarettes, punting, latte, eating out etc etc, "LIKE WE DID FOR F--CKING YEARS" in order to save for our first "deposit" which had to be 25% of the purchase price, and then buy out in the outer suburbs, then they would have a chance. But no, they want low deposit, easy finance, and live in the bloody CBD !! You are a dreamer Insider and need to stay off the G n T :)

50 minutes ago, Insider said:

That’s OK. The young of NZ will once again be able to OWN THEIR OWN HOUSE. 

Is that a bad thing?

I dont think so because the young of New Zealand dont know how to save money to own their own homes. When did we ever spend 1200 on a phone and then repeat the same 2 years later to get the lastest phone

39 minutes ago, barryb said:

What I don't support Liz is your notion of a fairer society as that's code in the Labour party for some poor bastard pays disproportionately for someone else choices that were not so smart.

However I am prepared to cut the new Govt some slack & hope like f--k they get things right for the better interests of all of us. Winston has removed the greens which is great & squashed most of labour's policies so are you really going to see the change you want Liz?.

Labour has sold its soul for power & for them its going to be short lived the ride  I fear.

Trump, let’s just now wait and see. Let’s give it time. In two or three years time let’s debate it once again. Even better, if you are over for the Wellington Cup Carnival let’s get together. HEW will enjoy it getting us together as we share/enjoy a Chardonnay!! 

17 minutes ago, army said:

I dont think so because the young of New Zealand dont know how to save money to own their own homes. When did we ever spend 1200 on a phone and then repeat the same 2 years later to get the lastest phone

Fair point army. 

11 minutes ago, hesi said:

Some of you people need to sit down with a calculator and run a few figures before you spout on too much, about generalisations about Gen X's saving habits 

I'll point you in the right direction

Below average 3 bedroom house in Auckland, lets say doggy old Massey, $800K.  The bank will want $160K deposit before they even consider lending on a 640K mortgage, let's say they fix it at 5.39% for 3 years over 30 years, that's $3630/month, $837/week.

Saving on a few lattes each week and a new phone every year is really going to make a big difference.....yeah right

Just now, army said:

Where you want to live Hesi. Right in the miidle of Auckland in a flash apartment. Manakau Takaninni Franklin some good looking home there for 400-500k. Remember most people first home isnt there last it is a stepping stone into something better. 

29 minutes ago, gubellini said:

This election result will send a shiver up the spines of the politically appointed card carrying members of the National Party sitting on the NZRB. I suggest if they don’t lift their performance they should do the decent thing and resign.

What you think they'll have to perform under a Labour lead government? ...pleaaase

22 minutes ago, Huey said:

I did not vote NZF to have them side with the left in particular the Greens or to make this little madam the PM of this country , I suspect I'm like many others that voted for NZF they won't get my vote again , I don't care what they do for racing. An absolutely absurd result.

Sorry Huey, you simply read them wrong. I was alway positive that they would side with Labour, if at all possible. 

7 hours ago, Insider said:

Agree. 

If you listened carefully to what he (Winston) said tonight it’s all over for the corrupt capitalist. It is not that I am against those who invest, as someone has too, but those whose greed controls everything as per those screwing the Auckland property market, are those with no future, or a massive loss. Their choice I suggest. 

Mum and Dad NZers control the Auckland property market, I would hate to think what Taxindas electorate thinks of her when she drops the arse out of their own home and the 1 or 2 rentals they have..

The only thing she is going to do is muff the economy and force up interest rates which will drive the housing market down with Mortgagee sales.

31 minutes ago, Huey said:

I did not vote NZF to have them side with the left in particular the Greens or to make this little madam the PM of this country , I suspect I'm like many others that voted for NZF they won't get my vote again , I don't care what they do for racing. An absolutely absurd result.

Spot on Huey, the majority of his support base is ex National when defaulted to him to moderate National as they couldn’t stomach voting for Labour.

We forgive you mate don’t worry.

I imagine the sun will rise again this morning despite what may appear a bit of a disaster.  From a purely racing point of view National has ignored the industry for years with a half wit minister followed by a non entity minister so they are no loss (from a racing point of view strictly).  Having Winston in this coalition is a bloody sight more comforting than straight Labour Greens (as appeared quite possible at times during the campaign). Those dope smoking imbeciles would have focused on animal welfare quick smart and that would have been bad bad news for the racing industry.  At least Winston will be a moderating influence and hopefully can screw huge concessions out of Teethcinda for the industry.

Of course one wonders how long any coalition with the commo Greens and Winston involved will last but hopefully racing will be one of his first priorities

7 hours ago, hesi said:

Some of you people need to sit down with a calculator and run a few figures before you spout on too much, about generalisations about Gen X's saving habits 

I'll point you in the right direction

Below average 3 bedroom house in Auckland, lets say doggy old Massey, $800K.  The bank will want $160K deposit before they even consider lending on a 640K mortgage, let's say they fix it at 5.39% for 3 years over 30 years, that's $3630/month, $837/week.

Saving on a few lattes each week and a new phone every year is really going to make a big difference.....yeah right

Do you think NZ just consists of Auckland Hesi???  :rolleyes:

There is a lot of country south of the Bombays and north of Warkworth.   

puha even though I am happy with the election result I must concede that MMP has deficiencies that should be addressed. The electoral act should be amended so that the Governor General is required to invite the Party with the most seats to form a government. If that fails to eventuate he goes to the party with the second highest number of seats. This would eliminate the inordinate influence that third parties have in forming a new government.

Just one thing we all need to consider as this new scenario plays out.....whilst you may believe WP is racing industry's saviour...just let's turn back to the racing legislation on Parliament's books....and how that is going to sway on the now in Government, Greens. All the money from the pokies that is slated to prop up prizemoney for the racing industry could be in a battle with the "headline" child poverty policy of the Green/Labour.  I'd be taking bets this could be the first major culture clash of the new government...so let's see how WP deals with this...and don't think Racing is going to get any great favours from Labour/Greens...and don't believe that WP put racing at the top of the negotiating table...it's all about power and as racing is perceived as "elitist" I'm sure the battle for funds is only at first base. Don't hold your breathe....this triumvirate is a house of cards..too many diametrically opposed views...and racing will lose....but whilst I'm a realist, I would be overjoyed to be proven wrong!!!

2 hours ago, barryb said:

The only thing she is going to do is muff the economy and force up interest rates which will drive the housing market down with Mortgagee sales.

And the snorkel-wearing socialite will no doubt receive less "muffing".