Sign in to follow this  
porky

Go Winnie

1 hour ago, Trump said:

They make promises knowing that laws or rules prevent them from keeping their promises. So they promise the moon and the stupid star gazing voters believe them. They have an easy out - the FTA doesn't allow us to ban them sorry folks, but thanks for the votes suckers!

Exactly.  They should be had up for false pretences given that they know they are promising what they cannot deliver.  Half the voters will have backed Winston on the basis of him stopping foreign ownership while all the way he knew he would not be capable of carrying it out.  Still Winston has  a proven track record of being economical with the truth.

5 minutes ago, hesi said:

I see even hard core right wingers like Mathew Hooton and bless his blue underpants Mike Hosking are starting to say this might just be a good Government.  Time for some of the old right wing dinosaurs on this site to open their very parochial eyes and leave the hysterics out

They may just turn out alright but to be fair they have been in power for about 24hrs so i would say they are having bob each way.

Based on rhetoric they should do well however the proof will be in the pudding.

1 hour ago, Trump said:

Housing will be cheaper and more affordable. Yeah right! Usually when recession hits, asset prices drop! At least they will be able to claim they achieved one of their goals ! I think it's called "Voodoo Economics" or something similar. I hope it all works out but I fear the Maverick will be a spoiler. 

Here's a "Claytons" interview if ever there was one.....did she actually say anything.....? :rolleyes:

https://f.tlcollect.com/fr2/617/23717/Lifestyle_Views_Article_1.doc

Promising what they cannot deliver all right.  Winston's bottom line - he would lead the entry into Pike River.  Today's Greymouth paper Andrew Little(Minister for Pike River) saying 'he might become privy to information from Solid Energy which will mean it is impossible to re-enter'.

It has started already after only 24 hours.

2 hours ago, hesi said:

I see even hard core right wingers like Mathew Hooton and bless his blue underpants Mike Hosking are starting to say this might just be a good Government.  Time for some of the old right wing dinosaurs on this site to open their very parochial eyes and leave the hysterics out

Agree 100%. 

Sadly, there's not much chance of that happening as it's very hard to chance a lifetime of habits.

Take me for example, look at all the marriages I had.

11 hours ago, hesi said:

Sorry, you took me by surprise, actually posting yourself, instead of just putting 'likes' on every right whinger post.

The Chinese will find a way around it probably, so they are not listed as the overseas buyer, much in the same way, according to the stats only 3% of property is purchased by overseas buyers:rolleyes:

the question was will they be still allowed to buy new homes  

1 hour ago, hesi said:

Hopefully not, unless they are NZ citizens or residents, that is the intent of making the changes, to try and reduce the demand from speculative investment

wrong they are  not allowed to buy existing properties same as aust     i wonder hesi if the chinese bought say 50 acres of land to develop and build would the govt negotiate to buy houses from them as they have said they would from other developers

On 10/27/2017 at 5:12 PM, poundforpound said:

And his churlish response to English's retirement today confirms what a twisted runt he is. Let's check again in 12 months on his "saviour or racing" status.

12 hours ago, chevy86 said:

And his churlish response to English's retirement today confirms what a twisted runt he is. Let's check again in 12 months on his "saviour or racing" status.

Just a vituperative and toxic old cxxt, driven by revenge, despised by the electorate.

See he has scored another large overpayment (Ardern also along for the ride) and once again an administrative error. Hope they were the ones that called it. Repaid apparently but maybe they need to stop filling in the paperwork in te reo.