RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

Hi Swynford

What do u think of the pedigree of this Darci passed in at Karaka? Has the "Danzig sire double" been as disappointing as the Danehill double? I think Valley Girl was a Danzig double.

Thanks, Matt

Sire

Darci Brahma

Danehill

Danzig

Northern Dancer

Razyana

His Majesty

Grand Echezeaux

Zabeel

Sir Tristram

Richebourg

Vice Regal

Dam

Southern Sunset (GB)

Polish Precedent

Danzig

Northern Dancer

Past Example

Buckpasser

Due South

Darshaan

Shirley Heights

Island Wedding

Blushing Groom

Hope this answers part of your question,  76 Group One winners inbred to Danzig.   But to my mind there is far more to a pedigree than one duplication.

I think doubling Danzig is a good thing, it just depends where the duplication is in the pedigree how much value I would place on it.

5a978ca8d2c8e_Screenshot2018-03-01at6_13_55PM.thumb.png.9db736bb36f737254de5a8ee87e491f8.png

4 hours ago, Mattski said:

Hi Swynford

What do u think of the pedigree of this Darci passed in at Karaka? Has the "Danzig sire double" been as disappointing as the Danehill double? I think Valley Girl was a Danzig double.

Thanks, Matt

Sire

Darci Brahma

Danehill

Danzig

Northern Dancer

Razyana

His Majesty

Grand Echezeaux

Zabeel

Sir Tristram

Richebourg

Vice Regal

Dam

Southern Sunset (GB)

Polish Precedent

Danzig

Northern Dancer

Past Example

Buckpasser

Due South

Darshaan

Shirley Heights

Island Wedding

Blushin

So when looking at a pedigree for the first time I would always start with the mare and her male line,  as we can see it is same as the sire''s sire line.  So a double Danzig.  However in this case it is a bit deeper than that as Danzig's sire Northern Dancer also connects with his half sister Spring Adieu in Danehill's female line.   That part I think is brilliant.

I would then look at the 2nd dam and there is no BIG connection here with Darci. 

Maybe a slight one with Darshaan and Wilkes both from the #13 Bruce Lowe family , some call it the Kite family.

Same with the 3rd dam.

4th dam is BY Northern Dancer.  WOW    not many mares can claim that.  Again connects beautifully with Danehill's female family. 

For perfection I would like to see a good line breeding pattern on the female side of Darci.

If Wilkes was on the male line of either the 2nd or 3rd dam I would say it was a pedigree (or a piece of paper ) as close to perfect as you could get.

And much like playing cards, it would be a good idea to have a look at the horse and see what one has been dealt.

5a97a66ce2c1b_darcibrahmasouthernsunset.thumb.png.b3596149888354ecfc84db463a52f2bc.png

On 3/1/2018 at 8:31 PM, Swynford said:

4th dam is BY Northern Dancer.  WOW    not many mares can claim that.  Again connects beautifully with Danehill's female family.

That Northern Dancer mare is a full sister to Storm Bird, Champion 2yo and sire of Storm Cat.

41 minutes ago, Dopey said:

And Northern State - an average to poor full brother to storm bird  - I raced a mare by him called Lydessa from Condessa. 

Storm Bird not Storm cat ....