RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
jimbob

Gingernuts

8 hours ago, poundforpound said:

I think one promises a lot but delivers fuck all....the other promises little but delivers a lot....ability wise they’re probably roughly equal, but one’s all hat, the other is all cattle.

Agree they are very similar ability wise but its a media problem not a horse problem

Guest 2Admin2

Interesting though if you compare who Kawi has beaten compared to Gingernuts.

Guest 2Admin2
10 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Beaten in the CD invariably, in the spring when most of his opposition aren't ready or just not much chop.

I'd return serve by saying how has each of the two gone in Australia ? and of course one is very much a youngster with ( hopefully ) plenty of blue sky ahead, the other is probably coming to the end of his career 

Haunui Farm Grp1 Feb Otaki

Thorndon Mile Grp1 Jan Wellington 

Zabeel Classic Grp1 Dec Auckland 

The last time I checked there wasn't any form out of Gingernuts OZ win.

45 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

I guess my attitude is thst I don't like horses who're not genuine or totally trustworthy.

I never warmed to Xtravagant but I love Gingernuts, I really like Embellish too. Same yard of course so I'm not biased.

I still look at them through a jockeys eyes and ask myself, can you trust that horse? would it be compliant and easy to ride ? would it work with you or against you ? will it always give you its best ? can it cope with pressure ?

In the UK Timeform puts a squiggle next to any horse who's reluctant, not genuine, or untrustworthy. I don't think the NZ media would know how to distinguish such horses of course but it'd be a useful addition to punting if the TAB could employ someone to identify such types, then I wouldn't have to do it here :)

Anyway if Kawi got a conviction every time he behaved badly using my criteria above he'd be in Paremoremo doing life.

Where is the cheating black bastard anyway ? is he taking an injury break because someone hurt his feelings ? 

Jeez, a big ask there for NZ media P4P....they can barely get the simple form right let alone identify the cheaters.....:rolleyes:

53 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

I guess my attitude is thst I don't like horses who're not genuine or totally trustworthy.

I never warmed to Xtravagant but I love Gingernuts, I really like Embellish too. Same yard of course so I'm not biased.

I still look at them through a jockeys eyes and ask myself, can you trust that horse? would it be compliant and easy to ride ? would it work with you or against you ? will it always give you its best ? can it cope with pressure ?

In the UK Timeform puts a squiggle next to any horse who's reluctant, not genuine, or untrustworthy. I don't think the NZ media would know how to distinguish such horses of course but it'd be a useful addition to punting if the TAB could employ someone to identify such types, then I wouldn't have to do it here :)

Anyway if Kawi got a conviction every time he behaved badly using my criteria above he'd be in Paremoremo doing life.

Where is the cheating black bastard anyway ? is he taking an injury break because someone hurt his feelings ? 

i think you will be able to back him saturday

Guest 2Admin2
42 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

As I said CD form, except for one fluke at Auckland.

Gingernuts form from Ozz is current, this calendar year, give him a chance FFS.

No wonder the poor bastard broke down carrying you on his fucking back 24/7.

How’s that low black bastards form from Perth looking ? Good enough for a trip to Tassie or is that aiming a bit too high ?

Using that theory shows you how good Kawi is carrying you and your caustic criticism for 3 years.

Guest 2Admin2
6 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

I’m easy to carry, I know where to distribute my weight etc, just as it’s easy to push a wheelbarrow if the load is in the right place.

You on the other hand couldn’t ride on the #7 bus without help, and the one thing you can’t google is “style & ability”.

Still finding the internet challenging?  Probably as you still seem to have trouble determining Spring vs Summer and Auckland vs CD.

Guest 2Admin2
18 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

You’re enjoying these flogging aren’t you ?

Is it a fetish thing ?

I'll make it easier for you.  Dec, Jan and Feb (when the three Grp 1's I mentioned were run) are Summer months NOT Spring.  Ellerslie is in Auckland not the CD.

Did you know that Kawi has not returned a stake only once in 34 starts?  I guess $1.2 million in stakes isn't to be laughed at either.

Guest 2Admin2
4 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Just the 1 in Auckland huh :)

And a few in the spring at Hastings against the lesser class or unfit horses.

Just like Gingernuts.

2 hours ago, 100 1 said:

http://www.racingreplays.co.nz/media/201709/20170923HAWK09_BB.mp4

Not hard to work out....just watch the replay and only concentrate on the 2 horses.

Gingernuts has prob 1 ien on Kawi over 1600 on a easy track

And your point is considering one was racing at its best distance one was racing far short of it??? 

6 minutes ago, 100 1 said:

My point is at the only time they have met over 1600m there appears a length difference.

I could have an educated guess a say over 2000m there maybe 1.5 - 2l difference.

In your dreams... One was having his first run of a prep..one was tuned to win and struggles somewhat past 1600m .... best quit while you are behind...

Na your analysis is regularly wrong....tuned to win ...presume they were all tuned to win a group race!

G had 2 trials and a group race....K had 2 races

I can tell you are also a long term punting loser...your logic is flawed as usual

22 minutes ago, 100 1 said:

Na your analysis is regularly wrong....tuned to win ...presume they were all tuned to win a group race!

G had 2 trials and a group race....K had 2 races

I can tell you are also a long term punting loser...your logic is flawed as usual

Only one loser in this debate and it aint me ....:D:rolleyes:

10 hours ago, Trump said:

Is the Otaki race "STILL" a G1 ? I thought it was a rating 75 :) 

It's normally one of the highest rating races in NZ if not the highest, year after year Dipstick.

Being a car man I think that your new moniker is perfect. 

1 hour ago, Insider said:

It's normally one of the highest rating races in NZ if not the highest, year after year Dipstick.

Being a car man I think that your new moniker is perfect. 

Take your pills old girl - have a look at the fields and rethink. If that's a G1 race then the slide is getting steeper ! 

Gingernuts back home in New Zealand
Gingernuts back home in New Zealand
Gingernuts has made remarkable recovery. Photo: Te Akau Racing. 
Tom-Baddock_60x60.jpg
Article Author

Tom Baddock

Star Kiwi galloper Gingernuts has returned home to New Zealand just over three months after suffering a serious injury at Flemington.

The multiple Group I winner suffered the potentially life-threatening injury during the Melbourne spring carnival but on Thursday arrived safely home to Te Akau Stud in New Zealand.

The gelding bizarrely fractured a pastern cantering on his way to the barriers for the Group I Emirates Stakes at Flemington on November 11.

He subsequently had surgery to correct the break at the University of Melbourne Veterinary Clinic at Werribee and has since been nursed back to health at King's Park Equine Clinic at Mornington.

The popular chestnut improved to the stage that he was passed fit to travel back to New Zealand earlier this week and on Thursday afternoon returned to the elated staff at Te Akau Stud on where he will continue his rehabilitation.

"We'll look after him for the rest of his life," Te Akau manager David Ellis said.

Such is the Gingernut’s popularity in New Zealand that his return to the country will televised nationally tonight.

Te Akau Racing expressed their delight on twitter.

gingernuts_home.jpg
Gingernuts lands in New Zealand.

gingernuts_paddock.jpg
Gingernuts retuns to the paddock at Te Akau Stud.