RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
jimbob

Gingernuts

20 minutes ago, jess said:

TA - or maybe more so David Ellis - tends to polarise people a bit.  Some on here regularly take opportunities to put the boot in as you say - but some are also nauseatingly sycophantic.  My opinion of either the entity or the individual is pretty irrelevant and it probably relfects my own situation that I find more magic in stories of the person whose modest home-bred or $5,000 yearling purchase becomes a champion - than the man who can out-bid practically everyone except the sheiks.  

But this is about the horse and I'm really disappointed for the people who are connected.  I felt sad for man & beast yesterday.

But I also acknowledge that team had had some real highs already with Gingernuts and it goes to show you should enjoy those highs as this racing game can be a rollercoaster.  Most of us in the game have known the sadness  of these disappointments - although for most of us they are less public & less dramatic.  But no less impactful in their own way.  Whether it be the loss of a foal after 11mo gestation, a promisng 3y/o breaking down before even making the races - or whatever.  

At least with the stakes the horse has won there is plenty there to pay for the best treatment money can buy.  Hopefully we'll see him back but if he turns out not to be a racing proposition I wonder if any of the ppl involved will elect to treat & rehab him regardless?

Exactly Jess...he is the story racing everywhere needs...and I do hope one of the syndicate members can re-home him but he is the fairytale all owners are looking for, the Gingernuts of this world are what keeps the ordinary people in racing....looking to have some fun in the company of other like-minded people...experiencing the emotions of owning & racing thoroughbreds, mixing with a plethora of characters...and deciphering fact from BS. The million dollar horses come & go because in the majority of cases they are owned by (let's be polite) the business side of the industry,  but the $5000 horses such as Gingernuts are the ones people everywhere can relate to. Go well Gingernuts, lets hope you have a good, swift recovery with no complications and you come back home to a lovely life.

7 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Settle Jess, my self appointed role on Cafe requires some expert opinion, some lacerating humour, and a lot of reminding the resident idiots that if Darwin had his way they wouldn’t be allowed to breed ( sadly the fuckers do breed, but fortunately I’m addressing the balance by banging out a highly intelligent and capable tribe of my own ).

Unfortunately in Racing the idiots have the numbers and thus I get to express my brutality more often than my compassionate side, and it feels bloody good doing it.

In this instance, as in Gingernuts’ injury, the idiots are best ignored as it’d only contaminate what’s a sad and unfortunate story.

Ha ha P4P - I knew you would resist the characterisation I bestowed on you as a result of that post - and you didn't disappoint!

Funnily enough it's also been said of me more than once that I do not suffer fools gladly.  However while I am not "glad" I try not to be vicious and abusive ....

And I know all about leopards and spots .... so I knew all too well that the pitbull had only gone into his kennel to nap briefly ... 

PS: ah yes Darwin .... it is too scary if you consider what is happening demographically in this country ... but that's another whole topic right there ... child poverty?  Children aren't supposed to have their wealth measured!!!  - but they are supposed to have loving parents who support then financially, emotionally and educationally ... how come so many don't?  Could it be something to do with a welfare system which pays people more and more money to have more and more babies - even if they never had the will or ability to raise even one in a responsible way?  I told you - DO NOT GET ME STARTED!!!  I'm way off topic .....

Guest 2Admin2
11 minutes ago, swampfox said:

the sad thing is you mate making a comment like that

Why?  No point sugar coating the facts.

Guest 2Admin2
9 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

No trump is right in his assessment..IMHO.

Rubbish. 

As for "putting the slipper into Te Akau at any opportunity" I suggest you read Race Cafe more carefully.

However in saying that I'm firmly of the opinion that Te Akau is part of the problem of New Zealand racing.  Their tentacles reach far into every aspect from breeding to broadcasting.  For years we have been subjected to their syrupy spin and look where racing is now in New Zealand.

Thanks to Michael Dee the horse has a good chance.  Dee pulled the horse up within a few strides after the horse faltered.  The vet had the leg splinted within minutes. 

On racing.com they said one of the owners collapsed but didn't need to be taken to hospital.  Must have been incredibly stressful.

44 minutes ago, departed said:

Thanks to Michael Dee the horse has a good chance.  Dee pulled the horse up within a few strides after the horse faltered.  The vet had the leg splinted within minutes. 

On racing.com they said one of the owners collapsed but didn't need to be taken to hospital.  Must have been incredibly stressful.

Maybe the owner foresaw 2Admin2's untimely comment?

1 hour ago, 2Admin2 said:

Rubbish. 

As for "putting the slipper into Te Akau at any opportunity" I suggest you read Race Cafe more carefully.

However in saying that I'm firmly of the opinion that Te Akau is part of the problem of New Zealand racing.  Their tentacles reach far into every aspect from breeding to broadcasting.  For years we have been subjected to their syrupy spin and look where racing is now in New Zealand.

I tend to agree with your comments regarding  far reaching tentacles and they aren't the only ones.

The sad part is that the people at the coal face of this industry don't appear to have any tentacles at all and i refer to trainers and jockey.

I write this from my recovery bed under the influence of tramadol and other assorted drugs ,so i might be wrong.

Now back to watching replay o fCoro st.

Hi Crusty -

straying from topic but yes - take Karen F-E for instance - wears lots of hats that one (not just on raceday either  :D)  - and all within the relatively small confines of the NZ thoroughbred racing industry.  Wife of DE, formal role in his business/syndications etc, commentator at yearling sales time and go-to person for racing programmes on TV etc.  I know nothing to suggest she is anything other than a thoroughly pleasant woman.  But I feel uncomfortable sometimes about inappropriate influence and conflicts of interest.  I hasten to add she is not the only one which causes that conundrum to come to mind ....  

J.

PS: Kind wishes for your recovery and hope Coro doesn't over-excite the senses ... if in doubt you could always double down on ther tramadol ... ;)

Guest 2Admin2
3 minutes ago, swampfox said:

sad human beings around that thrive off unfortunate instances like this.all the best to horse and connections.take no notice of comments from this sad arse

I guess you voted for Paddles.

2 hours ago, crustyngrizzly said:

I tend to agree with your comments regarding  far reaching tentacles and they aren't the only ones.

The sad part is that the people at the coal face of this industry don't appear to have any tentacles at all and i refer to trainers and jockey.

I write this from my recovery bed under the influence of tramadol and other assorted drugs ,so i might be wrong.

Now back to watching replay o fCoro st.

You want to get well Crusty....watching that might have the opposite effect....;)

3 hours ago, 2Admin2 said:

Rubbish. 

If TA were not involved as much as they are in getting people into racing and the amount of well bred horses and the staff they employ in NZ and Singapore NZ racing would be much worse off...as it will be with the loss of Donna Logan...

Guest 2Admin2
15 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

If TA were not involved as much as they are in getting people into racing and the amount of well bred horses and the staff they employ in NZ and Singapore NZ racing would be much worse off...as it will be with the loss of Donna Logan...

Disagree.  If Te Akau, Cambridge Stud and NZB have been as influential as many say, including you, does it not follow that they are culpable for the mess the industry is in?  

As for Donna Logan if she can't be successful in New Zealand even with the industry funded Ruakaka subsidy is there any hope for anyone?

44 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

Disagree.  If Te Akau, Cambridge Stud and NZB have been as influential as many say, including you, does it not follow that they are culpable for the mess the industry is in?  

Geez you just confirmed for many of us what we had thought for a while now.

That's like saying Beauden Barrett is cupable for an AB's loss, as guilty by association even though he played a blinder.

Probably best you take a break and re-read your last 50 posts and see how silly you have been.

Guest 2Admin2
4 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

This thread is about Gingernuts not your personal agenda and thoughts...cheers. Good news is at least he is to have surgery tomorrow... hope he can make a full recovery.

What personal agenda would that be?  Focussing on the cause of the industry's problems?

Interesting the sycophantic responses to the simple statement - "Sadly he probably wont race again."  Scores of horses are injured and destroyed every month.

19 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

What personal agenda would that be?  Focussing on the cause of the industry's problems?

Interesting the sycophantic responses to the simple statement - "Sadly he probably wont race again."  Scores of horses are injured and destroyed every month.

Heartless then heartless now... as I said this is a Gingernuts thread not some other rubbish you try to justify. Cheers.

Guest 2Admin2
7 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Heartless then heartless now... as I said this is a Gingernuts thread not some other rubbish you try to justify. Cheers.

Heartless or a realist?  I didn't take this thread down a divergent path.  

26 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

First  you say he'll never race again then he is over rated.  At this stage there isn't much to base the second assumption on other than your  own  opinion. He hasn't had much chance either way to confirm or not   He may be or not be, who really cares at this point in time anyway .   All thoughts should be towards his recovery, not some  trivial game of point scoring.  As to him racing again, who knows you may be right or wrong, but to be so adamant right now  ....you sound like   Madame Gionetti staring into her  crystal balls.