RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

Michael Guerin comments on TAB FF odds!

50 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I came onto Racecafe and got this overwhelming sense of Deja vu.

Just can't work out why.

I will have a think about it after I pick up the pieces of the record I just dropped and broke on the floor.

To be fair Happy, it always gets the same ones trying to defend the TAB and have a crack at "the Brodster"  which I find very upsetting.

Just now, Brodie said:

it always gets the same ones trying to defend the TAB

Both sides of this disagreement have validity in their argument. No one is completely right nor wrong  but...

The TAB owes punters nothing. They are out to make money. 

The punter owes the TAB nothing. The punter is out to make money.

There are no feelings, moral obligations or empathy between either. It is a merely a service provided, that is the way it is, always has been, always will be. 

Like it or lump it.

14 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Both sides of this disagreement have validity in their argument. No one is completely right nor wrong  but...

There are no feelings, moral obligations or empathy between either. It is a merely a service provided, that is the way it is, always has been, always will be. 

Like it or lump it.

In this day and age, I was obviously under the misapprehension that people had to be treated equally?

43 minutes ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

Have you sought to have that clarified ? Can you post any correspondence ?

Google the HUman Rights Act, and you will clearly see that everyone has to be treated equally.

Not rocket science that the TAB is in breach of the act!

You can not restrict punters just because they are winning punters, compared to allowing losing punters to lose as much as they can!

Just now, Brodie said:

Google the HUman Rights Act, and you will clearly see that everyone has to be treated equally.

You can not restrict punters just because they are winning punters, compared to allowing losing punters to lose as much as they can!

Do you have a court date yet ?

38 minutes ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

Do you have a court date yet ?

R u a lawyer?

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Could you perhaps enlighten us as to what part of the human rights act you believe the TAB are breaching?

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

How's that complaint to the Human Rights Commission coming along Brodie?  It's over a year now since I first suggested it to you --- I know they can get overwhelmed with lots of daft queries, but surely they would have elevated any beef from a man of your standing right to the top of the list.

3 minutes ago, Basil said:

How's that complaint to the Human Rights Commission coming along Brodie?  It's over a year now since I first suggested it to you --- I know they can get overwhelmed with lots of daft queries, but surely they would have elevated any beef from a man of your standing right to the top of the list.

Brodie.png

They can do what they want, Brodie. 7.3 says so. Question is, have they communicated that with you? Don't worry though in another section of rule they have 4.7 to take away any questions over 7.3.

We are all stuffed. Not just you. 

Find a way (which have been suggested on here) to get back at them!

image.png.c553b97c022a668661dd02725b0e694e.pngimage.png.a85aa4045dffef32272211b243b731f1.png

9 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Like it or lump it.

I disagree. I think the TAB owes it to owners to let them have a decent bet on their own horse. THEY SUPPLY THE PRODUCT. They also owe it to the industry not to turn punters away by making it wildly unattractive to have a bet.

9 minutes ago, Sickopunter said:

I disagree. I think the TAB owes it to owners to let them have a decent bet on their own horse. THEY SUPPLY THE PRODUCT. They also owe it to the industry not to turn punters away by making it wildly unattractive to have a bet.

You could not be more wrong.

They owe it to the industry to maximise their PROFITS.

Just now, JackSprat said:

You could not be more wrong.

They owe it to the industry to maximise their PROFITS.

It's very ignorant of you to tell me I could not be more wrong. Not to mention a little rude. Its a discussion/debate.

Have you considered the that keeping owners and punters happy and involved in the industry will maximise profits in the long term?

Just now, Flagship uberalles said:

I find it bizarre that they can refuse your bet, I can understand if it is laundering/criminal activity or a known problem gambler, but they put it out, they should accept what is punted especially on the pare mutual because that affects nothing but the price, the tab still gets their cut.

They always accept tote bets.

32 minutes ago, Sickopunter said:

It's very ignorant of you to tell me I could not be more wrong. Not to mention a little rude. Its a discussion/debate.

Have you considered the that keeping owners and punters happy and involved in the industry will maximise profits in the long term?

You could not be more wrong! I'm neither ignorant nor rude.

I said you were wrong, and then told you why you were wrong. If you can't understand the difference between turnover and profit, that's not my problem.

The TAB's job with tote betting is purely to generate turnover. Their job with fixed odds betting is purely to generate profits.

Anyone who thinks that the TAB bookies "owe them" anything are deluded.

58 minutes ago, Sickopunter said:

I think the TAB owes it to owners to let them have a decent bet on their own horse

Do you differentiate between owners and punters?

I bet the TAB doesn't but I get what you are saying.

1 hour ago, Sickopunter said:

by making it wildly unattractive to have a bet.

While they are a bit tight I wouldn't say it is that unattractive. Brodie still bets I imagine!

2 minutes ago, JackSprat said:

I said you were wrong, and then told you why you were wrong. If you can't understand the difference between turnover and profit, that's not my problem.

The TAB's job with tote betting is purely to generate turnover. Their job with fixed odds betting is purely to generate profits.

You can shear a sheep many times, but skin it only once. 

25 minutes ago, JackSprat said:

If you think I don't know the difference between turnover and profit you're a long way off the mark. Part of generating turnover is having horses to fill fields. Part of doing that is keeping owners happy. Many owners punt and many punters own. Many of both are seriously unhappy about the way the TAB frames their markets and restricts punters in the last few years.

You're struggling to put the pieces together. Not unlike the TAB and the Racing Board. 

I wonder if there could be a specific reason for that.....?

18 hours ago, Brodie said:

What is your real name Brodie?

11 hours ago, Sickopunter said:

Stating the bleeding obvious can hardly be described as 'ignorant', at least not in any known version of the English language.

The 'long term' is irrelevant if a business doesn't survive in the short term.  As Keynes famously remarked, "In the long run we're all dead."

7 minutes ago, Basil said:

Stating the bleeding obvious can hardly be described as 'ignorant', at least not in any known version of the English language.

The 'long term' is irrelevant if a business doesn't survive in the short term.  As Keynes famously remarked, "In the long run we're all dead."

Are you saying that you think the tab is bang on with the markets and %s they're setting? 

Maybe you think they should be higher %s? Why not 150%? Why not 180%......? It's all just more profit right...? Is that your argument?