RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ohokaman

The Everest field finalised...

The money men have made their decisions and there are some strange ones. In Her Time overlooked, and Coolmore pick Tulip.....??

Still Chautauqua's to lose for mine, particularly if that forecast rain arrives. Other Lindsay Park runners the dangers. Clearly Innocent the roughie.

SLOT HOLDER

RUNNER

TRAINER

JOCKEY

ODDS

The Star

Redkirk Warrior

Lindsay Park Racing

Regan Bayliss

$7.50

TAB

English

Gai Waterhouse & Adrian Bott

Blake Shinn

$9

Inglis

Fell Swoop

Matthew Dale

Tye Angland

$51

Australian Turf Club

Brave Smash

Darren Weir

TBA

$31

Greg Ingham

Chautauqua

Hawkes Racing

Brenton Avdulla

$6

Aquis Farm

Houtzen

Toby Edmonds

Jeff Lloyd

$26

Yu Long Investments

She Will Reign

Gary Portelli

Corey Brown

$4.60

James Harron

Redzel

Peter and Paul Snowden

Kerrin McEvoy

$7

Coolmore

Tulip

Lindsay Park Racing

TBA

$51

Damion Flower (Jadeskye Racing)

Clearly Innocent

Kris Lees

Hugh Bowman

$13

Chris Waller Racing

Deploy

Gerald Ryan

TBA

$11

Max Whitby (Everest Racing Pty Ltd)

Vega Magic

Lindsay Park Racing

Craig Williams

$6

22 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

The money men have made their decisions and there are some strange ones. In Her Time overlooked, and Coolmore pick Tulip.....??

Still Chautauqua's to lose for mine, particularly if that forecast rain arrives. Other Lindsay Park runners the dangers. Clearly Innocent the roughie.

SLOT HOLDER

RUNNER

TRAINER

JOCKEY

ODDS

The Star

Redkirk Warrior

Lindsay Park Racing

Regan Bayliss

$7.50

TAB

English

Gai Waterhouse & Adrian Bott

Blake Shinn

$9

Inglis

Fell Swoop

Matthew Dale

Tye Angland

$51

Australian Turf Club

Brave Smash

Darren Weir

TBA

$31

Greg Ingham

Chautauqua

Hawkes Racing

Brenton Avdulla

$6

Aquis Farm

Houtzen

Toby Edmonds

Jeff Lloyd

$26

Yu Long Investments

She Will Reign

Gary Portelli

Corey Brown

$4.60

James Harron

Redzel

Peter and Paul Snowden

Kerrin McEvoy

$7

Coolmore

Tulip

Lindsay Park Racing

TBA

$51

Damion Flower (Jadeskye Racing)

Clearly Innocent

Kris Lees

Hugh Bowman

$13

Chris Waller Racing

Deploy

Gerald Ryan

TBA

$11

Max Whitby (Everest Racing Pty Ltd)

Vega Magic

Lindsay Park Racing

Craig Williams

$6

Thanks for that Ohaka ! The Grey Flash can l over come anythingand everything  on The Day.

1 hour ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

So how much did each slot cost the buyer and what is the total stake ?

Are the slot holders gauranteed a % of the stake "their" horse earns or are there individual deals in place ?

Slotholders paid $600,000 each and committed to three years. Prizemoney is $10m.

Each slotholder would have negotiated a deal with horse owners to offset their investment and a share of any prizemoney.

Altho there's hype etc with the newness etc of The Everest, it will be interesting to see what happens after 3 years. For me, give me the Cox Plate, Caul Cup and Melb Cup any day over this rubbish. Interestingly, they were hoping for an avalanche of overseas entries but settled for a pretender in Brave Salute - a former Japanese horse now with D Weir. Absolutely no show of winning and shows how desperate they are. It's the old "Sydney v Melb " thing and an admission by  the ATC that they can't match it with the Melb Spring Carnival. They even lost their Everest day drawcard "Winx". That really sunk the day. 

8 hours ago, Trump said:

Altho there's hype etc with the newness etc of The Everest, it will be interesting to see what happens after 3 years. For me, give me the Cox Plate, Caul Cup and Melb Cup any day over this rubbish. Interestingly, they were hoping for an avalanche of overseas entries but settled for a pretender in Brave Salute - a former Japanese horse now with D Weir. Absolutely no show of winning and shows how desperate they are. It's the old "Sydney v Melb " thing and an admission by  the ATC that they can't match it with the Melb Spring Carnival. They even lost their Everest day drawcard "Winx". That really sunk the day. 

Brave Smash I think you mean Trumpy....;)

38 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Because 10 million could have been spread a lot better to the industry and still end up with the local sprinters they have assembled, its like the Championships in the Autumn its also a failure.

The majority of the prizemoney is coming from the slot holders, not Racing NSW.

The funding is completely different to any other race so is basically just rich peoples (slot holders) money to be won by a combination of a rich slot holder and the owners of the actual horse.

Not Racing NSW funding the race so no big loss for them!

35 minutes ago, BruceL said:

The majority of the prizemoney is coming from the slot holders, not Racing NSW.

The funding is completely different to any other race so is basically just rich peoples (slot holders) money to be won by a combination of a rich slot holder and the owners of the actual horse.

Not Racing NSW funding the race so no big loss for them!

Still what does it achieve???

Highlights the fact that Racing NSW dont have to put much money in and they end up with a higher profile day and a very very good WFA sprint field

Its a win win for them!, putting aside all of the politics it will be a very good field and a good watch.

If people want to throw away money on slots with the hope of a gamble coming off , all good.

Provides a spectacle for any one who enjoys racing, what do RacingNSW lose from giving this concept a go?

14 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Still what does it achieve???

What does a slot go for? $700,000 round about. So there's $8.4million in stake. Only had to come up with another $1.2 million for the total pool which I'm pretty sure would've been the sponsorship price for The TAB.

What does it achieve? You can't be serious? This is a race that's had it's own program on Sky Racing for weeks in the lead up because there's so much interest.

Caulfield Guineas Day next weekend, 4 G1's down in Melbourne, now Sydney have a $10million dollar sprint on the same day. If that doesn't generate viewership on that Saturday then what will?

ATC have also put on international super star artist Jason Derulo to perform for an hour after the last. 

You're always talking about getting young people to the races. Well what better way to do that than to encourage the younger generation to get suited up and enjoy a day at the races followed by the chart topping artist performing to close out the day?

Jason Derulo 2 hour concert would set ya back $150-$200

Day at The TAB Everest races and an hour of Jason Derulo will cost you $30.

This concept should be applauded. But of course, it's spring time. Tall Poppies everywhere....

4 hours ago, Snax15 said:

What does a slot go for? $700,000 round about. So there's $8.4million in stake. Only had to come up with another $1.2 million for the total pool which I'm pretty sure would've been the sponsorship price for The TAB.

What does it achieve? You can't be serious? This is a race that's had it's own program on Sky Racing for weeks in the lead up because there's so much interest.

Caulfield Guineas Day next weekend, 4 G1's down in Melbourne, now Sydney have a $10million dollar sprint on the same day. If that doesn't generate viewership on that Saturday then what will?

ATC have also put on international super star artist Jason Derulo to perform for an hour after the last. 

You're always talking about getting young people to the races. Well what better way to do that than to encourage the younger generation to get suited up and enjoy a day at the races followed by the chart topping artist performing to close out the day?

Jason Derulo 2 hour concert would set ya back $150-$200

Day at The TAB Everest races and an hour of Jason Derulo will cost you $30.

This concept should be applauded. But of course, it's spring time. Tall Poppies everywhere....

Nothing about tall poppies its called an opinion... cheers.

14 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Nothing about tall poppies its called an opinion... cheers.

An opinion which I'm struggling to see the logic behind, but that aside, I guarantee you'll be watching the coverage. 

1 hour ago, Snax15 said:

An opinion which I'm struggling to see the logic behind, but that aside, I guarantee you'll be watching the coverage. 

You sir are a tosser.... you have no idea about me or what I will be watching...so what if my opinion differs to yours big deal.

18 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

You sir are a tosser.... you have no idea about me or what I will be watching...so what if my opinion differs to yours big deal.

I'm not having a go by any means. But the trend continues with you we're you take things so personally if people disagree.

All I'm asking is why you think it's such a waste of money, when it's not industry money being used?

57 minutes ago, Snax15 said:

I'm not having a go by any means. But the trend continues with you we're you take things so personally if people disagree.

All I'm asking is why you think it's such a waste of money, when it's not industry money being used?

No you made the statement about what I will be watching nothing to do with me being personal,,,as i said you have no idea about me.

Updated field with barrier draws....

A favourable draw has seen the Peter and Paul Snowden-trained Redzel firm in early betting on The Everest (1200m) while one bookmaker has put up surprisingly short odds about an emergency runner.

Redzel drew barrier four on Tuesday morning and has shortened into $7 from $8.50 across Racenet's surveyed bookmakers.

The son of Snitzel has won his last four starts including the Group I Doomben 10,000 (1200m) in May.

Meanwhile, online agency Bet365 has quoted odds as short as $6 about emergency runner In Her Time. 

The Benjamin Smith-trained mare is an acceptor in Saturday's $500,000 Listed Sydney Stakes (1200m) and could yet make The Everest field in the event of a scratching, but is likely to instead head south for the $1m Group I Manikato Stakes (1200m) at Moonee Valley on Friday October 27.

Below is a comparison of early fixed odds prices for The Everest.

No.

Horse

Sportsbet

Ladbrokes

CrownBet

Luxbet

Bet 365

Pre

Pre

Pre

Pre

Pre

CHAUTAUQUA (5)

$6

$6

$6

$6

$7

$7

$6

$6

$6.50

$6

VEGA MAGIC (10)

$5.50

$5.50

$6

$6

$5

$5

$6

$6.50

$6.50

$7

REDZEL (4)

$7

$7

$7.50

$7

$8.50

$7

$7

$7

$7.50

$7

REDKIRK WARRIOR (3)

$8

$8

$8

$8

$8

$7.50

$9

$9

$7.50

$9

CLEARLY INNOCENT (6)

$12

$12

$11

$11

$13

$13

$11

$11

$13

$11

DEPLOY (7)

$10

$10

$12

$11

$11

$11

$11

$11

$11

$9

FELL SWOOP (8)

$61

$71

$51

$71

$67

$67

$51

$51

$51

$51

BRAVE SMASH (9)

$34

$31

$26

$26

$26

$34

$26

$26

$26

$26

ENGLISH (12)

$10

$10

$8

$9

$9

$13

$9

$9.50

$7.50

$9

SHE WILL REIGN (2)

$4.80

$4.80

$4.60

$4.60

$4.60

$4.60

$4.60

$4.60

$4.50

$5

HOUTZEN (1)

$26

$26

$26

$26

$26

$21

$26

$26

$34

$34

TULIP (11)

$51

$51

$51

$51

$51

$67

$51

$51

$51

$51

13e

IN HER TIME

$13

$13

$21

$15

$6

14e

TRAPEZE ARTIST

$21

$17

$21

$21

$17

15e

TAKEDOWN

$126

$126

$67

$71

$67

16e

BALL OF MUSCLE

$301

$301

$67

$101

$67

On 10/5/2017 at 5:03 PM, scooby3051 said:

Because 10 million could have been spread a lot better to the industry and still end up with the local sprinters they have assembled, its like the Championships in the Autumn its also a failure.

Dear Scooby, don’t know if you have attended the Championships, but it is NO failure.

Dundeel sealed it the first time, but it has improved.

I have been since it’s inception, it is great racing. Should be applauded that Messara processed the Carnival into a spectacle that it is. Track unfortunate this year, but you will be hard pressed to see another scintillating performance by the grey streak that was the TJ Smith. Winx a no brainer. Bonneval was outstanding, John Snow tough, Gingernuts tired, horse quality terrific. A perfect racing entry to Autumn and the sales. I suggest you go one day.

No knocking Spring in Melbourne, a wonderful Carnival. It is cemented into racing benchmarks and yardsticks. That won’t change in a hurry.

But the Championships are indeed worthy by a furlong.

The Everest is a solo performance, somewhat isolated. But the grey will just beat English and Vegas in a photo................

Go to Sydney in April Scoobie, you won’t be disappointed.

5 hours ago, John Clydesdale said:

Dear Scooby, don’t know if you have attended the Championships, but it is NO failure.

Dundeel sealed it the first time, but it has improved.

I have been since it’s inception, it is great racing. Should be applauded that Messara processed the Carnival into a spectacle that it is. Track unfortunate this year, but you will be hard pressed to see another scintillating performance by the grey streak that was the TJ Smith. Winx a no brainer. Bonneval was outstanding, John Snow tough, Gingernuts tired, horse quality terrific. A perfect racing entry to Autumn and the sales. I suggest you go one day.

No knocking Spring in Melbourne, a wonderful Carnival. It is cemented into racing benchmarks and yardsticks. That won’t change in a hurry.

But the Championships are indeed worthy by a furlong.

The Everest is a solo performance, somewhat isolated. But the grey will just beat English and Vegas in a photo................

Go to Sydney in April Scoobie, you won’t be disappointed.

Nope the Championships was supposed to be world class horses from all over the world coming to Sydney... its been a disaster in that respect, they will never compete with Melbourne no matter how much they throw at it...cheers.

With 1M or 5M a race the horses you mention would still be there, it was not what it was set up for and in that respect it is an unmitigated disaster..